Christmas Day B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Christmas Day B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:36 am

THE BOLLOX

Manchester City considering summer swoop for Shakhtar Donetsk star Fred
Manchester City are reportedly interested in Brazil international star Fred, according to the Daily Mail.
The Premier League side, who thrashed AFC Bournemouth 4-0 at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday to establish a 13-point lead at the top of the table, have been linked with the Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder ahead of next summer’s transfer window.
The 29-year-old, who has six international caps for his country, has scored two goals and provided four assists in 22 appearances in all competitions for the Premier Liga outfit so far this season.
Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus in action with Shakhtar Donetsk’s Fred (left).
Fred, who joined Shakhtar back in June 2013 following his reported €15m switch from Internacional, has netted 31 times in 188 games overall for the Ukrainian side.
After impressing for Shakhtar during City’s 2-1 defeat in the UEFA Champions League last month, the report suggests manager Pep Guardiola is considering an offer for the Samba star come the end of the 2017-18 campaign, though he is only valued at around £10.8m by transfermarkt.

RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
Re: What are you looking forward to?
by carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 pm
Slim wrote:
New season is merely days away, the balls are starting to tingle at the excitement.

Things I am looking forward and let's try to avoid the obvious (eg. Double over the filth) cause I am sure we are all looking forward to that. :)

-Robinho's first odd goal celebration.
-Weiss, McGiven or Mee starting a game.
-Johnson coming back into form.
-Away win over a sky4 side.
-The forum after a loss to a so-so side.(read, Hughes Out! hehe)
-First time we click and hammer someone.
-The week prior to our first cup match.
-January transfer window.

ALL THE ABOVE AND........MICHAEL OWEN GETTING INJURED.

De Jong: I am not ready for a club like Manchester City
Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Chelsea all had their eye on Frenkie de Jong but the midfielder decided to sign a new deal with Ajax this week and has set his sights on becoming a star in Amsterdam before moving abroad.
By Michael Bell
Follow Michael on Twitter
The 20-year-old has been a revelation since forcing his way into the Ajax first team and his performances have attracted interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
However, De Jong signed a new five-year-deal with Ajax this week and he is not planning on leaving Amsterdam anytime soon. He told Ziggo Sport, “Yes, there is a lot of interest, but I just renewed my contract here.
“Right now I really just want to develop here at Ajax and become a solid starting player….Especially in midfield then we’ll see further.”
On the alleged interest from Manchester City, De Jong said, “I’ve read it too, haha, I do not think I’m ready to play at the first team at Manchester City or something like that.”

RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
by Bingo Lewis » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:37 pm
Dave wrote:
Blue Danny Lew wrote:
Niall_Quinns_Discopants wrote:
Hamann has a real "hammer of god" in him. It was only because Liverpool had some of the greatest freekick takers in the world (Gerrard, Riise) in their ranks that he didn't get the chance to take them that often. Should definitely be him.

Corners are real problem. We have great headers of the ball in squad and should score quite a few from corners imo. Barton has no clue how to take them proberly. In fact the couple of goals we scored from corners usually came after baal had come back to BArton after hitting the first man. Why is he so good crosser in general but can't cross to save his life in dead ball situations?

obviously just needs the ball to be moving when he hits it. I'm the same.

Ha ha ha you dirty bastard.

Hey, I was being serious. You've obviously got the warped mind out of the pair of us!!!

Man Utd news: Paul Scholes aims Man City dig… they’ve never had a player like this
PAUL SCHOLES insists Manchester City can’t be considered the greatest Premier League team ever as they don’t have players like Manchester United to possess.
City have been unrelenting so far in their march towards the title.
After 19 games, they have dropped just two points and beat Bournemouth 4-0 yesterday.
Some pundits are suggesting Pep Guardiola’s men are well on their way to emulating the achievement of the Arsenal ‘Invincibles’, who went the entire 2003/04 campaign unbeaten.
But Scholes doesn’t see it that way.
“This City team haven't got anybody like Roy Keane,” Scholes said.
“It's very early to talk about City as the best Premier League team ever.
“It's been 15 games. They look like they are going to win the league. They are a brilliant team but it's December.
“The disappointing thing in the derby game was that it was a little bit of an embarrassment at home, the way United sat off.
“I guarantee that if we had been playing against that team, De Bruyne and Silva would have been man-marked.
“Fletcher, Carrick or Roy Keane would not have given them an inch.
“But they were given the freedom of the pitch.
“To any United fan or anyone who has played for United, it was unacceptable.”

VELLEITY
vɛˈliːɪti
noun: velleity; plural noun: velleities
a wish or inclination not strong enough to lead to action.

"Has Zinchenko's recent performances turned the signing of a leftback in the January transfer window into a velleity?"

Otamendi signs two-year Man City contract extension
The 29-year-old centre-back still had three years to run on the contract he signed in 2015, but has been rewarded for a fine season so far
Nicolas Otamendi has signed a two-year contract extension with Manchester City, Goal can reveal.
The 29-year-old has become an important part of Pep Guardiola’s side this season and he has been rewarded for his fine performances in recent months. He has started all but two of City's games across the Premier League and Champions League, scoring five goals in his 23 appearances.
He is the latest star whose deal City have moved to renew ahead of next summer's World Cup in a bid to ward off interest from Europe’s top clubs.
Goal reported earlier this week that Fernandinho, whose contract was due to expire in the summer, has already put pen to paper on a one year extension, with the option for a further year.
Gabriel Jesus has also agreed a new deal until 2023 and will sign it in the coming weeks, while Kevin De Bruyne will sign his new agreement once City and his agent agree upon the valuation of his image rights.
Otamendi, like Fernandinho, has already signed his contract.
The Argentina centre-back signed a five-year deal when he signed for City in 2015, and has now extended his stay until 2022.

SALTUS
saltəs
noun: saltus; plural noun: saltuses
a sudden transition; a breach of continuity.

"It seems all of Football England is waiting for the saltus that will turn City's season on its head, but the Pep-machine keeps churning out wins."

Manchester City interested in Borussia Dortmund midfielder
Pep Guardiola has made signing a new central midfielder one of his top priorities at the end of the season and Manchester City are monitoring Borussia Dortmund ace Julian Weigl, reports Goal.com.
City have successfully managed to convince Fernandinho to extend his stay at the club but it’s still an area of the pitch that needs attention as Yaya Toure, David Silva and Fernandinho are all now into their 30s.
Guardiola is now interested in returning to the Bundesliga to raid Dortmund for star midfielder Weigl, who has also been linked with a summer move to Manchester United.
The Germany international is widely regarded as one of the most talented players coming through in Europe and Dortmund may struggle to retain his services at the end of the current campaign.
Injuries have limited Weigl to just nine starts in the Bundesliga this season but he is the heartbeat of the Dortmund team when he does manage to play. This was illustrated under Thomas Tuchel last season where he averaged more passes per league game than any other Dortmund midfielder (67.6).
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Christmas Day B*ll*x

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:32 am

Cheers Chinners. Merry Xmas to you.

Though I am hoping the wags might reappear soon
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:04 am

You have to laugh at scholes saying both de bruyne and Silva would have been man marked. By Keane and Fletcher.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:18 am

Original Dub wrote:You have to laugh at scholes saying both de bruyne and Silva would have been man marked. By Keane and Fletcher.

Carrick and Fletcher played in the 1-6 didn’t they? Fletcher certainly did. Couldn’t man mark a fuckin mouse that day!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:40 am

Cheers Chinners, Happy Christmas.

Congratulations to Mr Nool on finding two words I have genuinely never seen before.

Scholes seems to think not having a player like mad-eyed Keane is a bad thing.......
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum