Boxing Day Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boxing Day Games

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
nottsblue wrote:See Madeley in drama again at the end of Bournemouth v West Ham. The sooner the refs have to do pist match interviews to explsin their decisions the better

In private to a refereeing panel... maybe. In public to a partisan mob and straight after the game... awful idea. They're just people. Normal people jogging along behind elite athletes at 100mph for 90 minutes while 30000 people call them a wanker.

Bad decisions are part of the game and the price of keeping it quick and unpredictable. The alternative is videos and teams of referees and time outs and all that other rubbish.

It’s worked in rugby having refs mic’d up.

Rugby where there's no contentious decisions?

Where they change the rules every year and you can hear the players asking the ref what they're supposed to be doing?

Where they bottle 90% of decisions to the TMO and everyone sits there for 5 minutes waiting to find out if there's been a try...?

[/italic] I'm happy with Aguero's finish but can we go back and look at whether Balotelli impeded his man? Was the throw-in to de Jong legal? [/italic]
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:See Madeley in drama again at the end of Bournemouth v West Ham. The sooner the refs have to do pist match interviews to explsin their decisions the better

In private to a refereeing panel... maybe. In public to a partisan mob and straight after the game... awful idea. They're just people. Normal people jogging along behind elite athletes at 100mph for 90 minutes while 30000 people call them a wanker.

Bad decisions are part of the game and the price of keeping it quick and unpredictable. The alternative is videos and teams of referees and time outs and all that other rubbish.

Where they change the rules every year and you can hear the players asking the ref what they're supposed to be doing?

Where they bottle 90% of decisions to the TMO and everyone sits there for 5 minutes waiting to find out if there's been a try...?

[/italic] I'm happy with Aguero's finish but can we go back and look at whether Balotelli impeded his man? Was the throw-in to de Jong legal? [/italic]

Eh? I asked about a mic and you’re talking about video replays? Are you OK?

I mentioned a mic and you’ve mentioned everything wrong with rugby....that’s nothing to do with a mic being brought in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Eh? I asked about a mic and you’re talking about video replays? Are you OK?

I mentioned a mic and you’ve mentioned everything wrong with rugby....that’s nothing to do with a mic being brought in.

It's not worked.

And who's asking the ref for the in-game explanation? Rooney?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Justified logic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:06 pm

BBC have given Liverpool their own special goal celebration.

That and an 'anfield'-laden stylesheet suggests the BBC are not the impartial media source we pay them to be.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:06 pm

It’s so the fans can understand why something has been given. Or at least the referee can actual give a reason there and then, and not watch a replay after the match and decide then what he’s going to say he’s given it for.

Why would a player need the ref to wear a mic to understand a decision? We’ve been talking about refs being more accountable for the decisions they make. Not to players. To fans who have paid the money to watch referees make wrong decisions week after week.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Come on MotD, surely Burnley have gotta be next, I need to sleep!

Thank feck, 45 minutes in and the Rags are on.

Ha ha ha, now 2-0!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Come on MotD, surely Burnley have gotta be next, I need to sleep!

Ha ha ha, now 2-0!

Celebrating the equaliser like they've won the league. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Justified logic

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Come on MotD, surely Burnley have gotta be next, I need to sleep!

Ha ha ha, now 2-0!

Celebrating the equaliser like they've won the league. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember the days when I just knew the Rags would've won it from that position. Those days have changed ;-)

And good to see MotD rebuffing Maureen's claims about money spent. Things really are a'changing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:56 am

MOTD was ok on the Mourinho money moan but Kilbane suggested that Pep had just spent better, when it is clear that he has actually just coached better.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:16 am

The Foggy Blue wrote:MOTD was ok on the Mourinho money moan but Kilbane suggested that Pep had just spent better, when it is clear that he has actually just coached better.

I think the second part is a given mate. My only issue was Linekar at the end stating that 'Maureen has to spend more to compete with 'Rivals' City'. 'Rivals' eh?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:15 am

The Foggy Blue wrote:MOTD was ok on the Mourinho money moan but Kilbane suggested that Pep had just spent better, when it is clear that he has actually just coached better.

I thnk he has both spent and coached better.
Justified logic

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:32 am

Scousers back on track with a 5-0 mauling over a piss poor relegation fodder team, do me a favour decent upfront shite at the back and a mental manager that was almost fucked off a few games ago.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:12 am

dick dastardley wrote:Scousers back on track with a 5-0 mauling over a piss poor relegation fodder team, do me a favour decent upfront shite at the back and a mental manager that was almost fucked off a few games ago.

Last 5 games, Won 2, Drawn 3. Drew against Everton & Brom at home, Arsenal away, and comprehensively beat bottom of the table lightweights of Bournemouth and Swansea. That says to me that they are nothing more than flat track bullies.

Let's see their next 3 games before they play us as it'll be a bit more of s test with Leicester & Everton at home, Burnley away. Klopp is already whining about the amount of games but with his resources he should be considering that they have much more of an advantage over other clubs who don't have half as strong a squad to dip into.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:57 pm

How about this touch and volley from one of the biggest men to ever play the game:

https://gfycat.com/EverlastingObviousGharial

Heard the rags are preparing a bid for 80 mil
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:51 pm

Justified logic wrote:BBC have given Liverpool their own special goal celebration.

That and an 'anfield'-laden stylesheet suggests the BBC are not the impartial media source we pay them to be.

Did we get a blue one of those tonight for our goal.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:54 pm

zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:BBC have given Liverpool their own special goal celebration.

We did to be fair
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 am

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

We did to be fair

Fair dos then.
Justified logic

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum