Boxing Day Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Boxing Day Games

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:gets even better

http://www.redcafe.net/matches/manchest ... on?page=44

Rashford-Messi getting a great deal of criticism and abuse; there are some, it seems, who don't want him at the Club anymore.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Atkinson just wanted to give them any free kick ..he was desperate.

Disturbing Big C , very worrying . Even when they show no replays of the apparent foul .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Not the full fudge sundae but still a good result for us that - we've got a 4 win cushion and a game in hand!
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Not the full fudge sundae but still a good result for us that - we've got a 4 win cushion and a game in hand!

Chelsea's win puts them only one point behind the Scum.

Mourinho might get a sore neck through now having to look over his shoulder, as opposed to having to look upwards to try and see us in the distance.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:03 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Atkinson just wanted to give them any free kick ..he was desperate.

Disturbing Big C , very worrying . Even when they show no replays of the apparent foul .

All this conspiracy jaffe is awful self-defeating nonsense isn't it. Tinfoil pyjamas.

If you honestly believe the premier league is fixed, then it's a complete waste of time and you should sack it off immediately.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Would have taken that at the start of play to be fair
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Scum are home to Southampton next, a game they should win, so... let's see.

Then they are away in January to Everton, Burnley & Spurs and with a bit of Blue luck come February they will be vying with Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Burnley for 4th.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:15 pm

See Madeley in drama again at the end of Bournemouth v West Ham. The sooner the refs have to do pist match interviews to explsin their decisions the better
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would have taken that at the start of play to be fair

I think, on balance, I would have as well NB. It's just disappointing afterwards that Burnley could have had all three points.

Still, even if we lost tomorrow, which is a possibility I'm fearing, we're still 12 points ahead which is a useful cushion against such events.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All this conspiracy jaffe is awful self-defeating nonsense isn't it. Tinfoil pyjamas.

If you honestly believe the premier league is fixed, then it's a complete waste of time and you should sack it off immediately.

Perhaps we should find out what Madley got upto at Bournemouth in the dying seconds....

You can sack it off if you like.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:22 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Perhaps we should find out what Madley got upto at Bournemouth in the dying seconds....

You can sack it off if you like.

Why would I? I think it's nonsense.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:See Madeley in drama again at the end of Bournemouth v West Ham. The sooner the refs have to do pist match interviews to explsin their decisions the better

In private to a refereeing panel... maybe. In public to a partisan mob and straight after the game... awful idea. They're just people. Normal people jogging along behind elite athletes at 100mph for 90 minutes while 30000 people call them a wanker.

Bad decisions are part of the game and the price of keeping it quick and unpredictable. The alternative is videos and teams of referees and time outs and all that other rubbish.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Dippers 1 up at home to Swansea. This could be a savaging for Swansea
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Alan Pardew's tenure at WBA hasn't exactly been tearing up trees so far, with a 0-0 result today keeping them firmly ensconced in the second from the bottom slot in the table.

He's been there for six games, only securing 3 points from three draws and, should this continue, reservations could start to be expressed about his mangaerial capabilities.

If so, it couldn't happen to a more deserving individual.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:See Madeley in drama again at the end of Bournemouth v West Ham. The sooner the refs have to do pist match interviews to explsin their decisions the better

In private to a refereeing panel... maybe. In public to a partisan mob and straight after the game... awful idea. They're just people. Normal people jogging along behind elite athletes at 100mph for 90 minutes while 30000 people call them a wanker.

Bad decisions are part of the game and the price of keeping it quick and unpredictable. The alternative is videos and teams of referees and time outs and all that other rubbish.

There are some cynical souls who might regard a refereeing panel as being akin to a "partisan mob" and that football fans have a right to know how an official, rightly or wrongly, came to a decision.

For my money, for what it's worth, openness, transparency and honesty should never be swept under the table or locked away behind closed doors.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm basically saying they should be accountable to their bosses, not both sets of fans.

How would going through (all? Some of?) the decisions in a game saying "I thought that he fouled him so I gave a free kick" help?

Fundamentally, it's a crap idea and so they don't do it. People who see conspiracy or malice in human error won't be assuaged by parading the same human in front of the media to try to explain their errors.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:I'm basically saying they should be accountable to their bosses, not both sets of fans.

How would going through (all? Some of?) the decisions in a game saying "I thought that he fouled him so I gave a free kick" help?

Fundamentally, it's a crap idea and so they don't do it. People who see conspiracy or malice in human error won't be assuaged by parading the same human in front of the media to try to explain their errors.

I tend to agree. I also think the media wouldn't necessarily report the refs comments in the correct context. Bobby Madley has shown he is not up to top fligh refereeing though. He simply should be replaced, not quizzed n front of the cameras
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Definitely. He's a total potato.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:16 pm

It’s worked in rugby having refs mic’d up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:17 pm

firmino's teeth: discuss...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games