*** newcastle v city*** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** newcastle v city*** official match thread

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:desperately need Silva back

Kevin looks sluggish and tired after recovering from the flu

Otamendi great again. Pep really has transformed him. he's not even diving in anymore. how he hasn't gotten a yellow (leading to a suspension) in the last few matches is impressive.

Gundogan terrible again. he tries too many tricks and back heels and is overly selfish often trying stupidly audacious shots that have no chance.

Sane needs to start on Sunday

We don't desperately need any individual, we could do with being full strength and we do miss Silva when he's not there ( who wouldn't)but desperation? That's just daft.

No one was terrible. I think I saw one effort from Gundogan that could be described as audacious and then another effort he tried to roll into the bottom corner. That aside his all round game was decent, kept things ticking over nicely in the middle without having as much impact as he might have liked to have had, not easy when there's no space.

Now DeBruyne was trying and failing with audacious shots, but we'll forgive him given he's normally lethal with them type of efforts. As for him being sluggish, was he fuck, his passing and pressing was brilliant.

I see it the same way.

Gundo is a class midfielder , he will dominate over time. We are not short of resources in midfield and can rotate well there.

As proved yesterday , losing a Defender isn't necessarily a Problem either.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am

Wooders wrote:I see we’re getting blamed for the brand of non football on display last night for being too good for other teams to want to give us a game

Yep

Some rubbish about how well Toon played it. Despite the fact if we had a striker who could convert chances we would've been 5 up at ht
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 am

Felt sorry for the barcode fans last night, shockingly shite from Benitez
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Wooders wrote:I see we’re getting blamed for the brand of non football on display last night for being too good for other teams to want to give us a game

Yep

Some rubbish about how well Toon played it. Despite the fact if we had a striker who could convert chances we would've been 5 up at ht

Chuck 10 men in the box and call it a day. You could do it with 10 Conference players and get pretty much the same result.

It's like saying a swimmer did good in a race because they didn't drown. The standards for some teams to "have a good showing" are beyond rock bottom.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

2:20 Tribute Gabby Jesus eyebrows.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Otamendi great again. Pep really has transformed him. he's not even diving in anymore. how he hasn't gotten a yellow (leading to a suspension) in the last few matches is impressive.

Gundogan terrible again. he tries too many tricks and back heels and is overly selfish often trying stupidly audacious shots that have no chance.

We don't desperately need any individual, we could do with being full strength and we do miss Silva when he's not there ( who wouldn't)but desperation? That's just daft.

No one was terrible. I think I saw one effort from Gundogan that could be described as audacious and then another effort he tried to roll into the bottom corner. That aside his all round game was decent, kept things ticking over nicely in the middle without having as much impact as he might have liked to have had, not easy when there's no space.

Now DeBruyne was trying and failing with audacious shots, but we'll forgive him given he's normally lethal with them type of efforts. As for him being sluggish, was he fuck, his passing and pressing was brilliant.

Isn't Phips a Dortmund fan first and foremost? Probably explain the Gundogan thing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Isn't Phips a Dortmund fan first and foremost? Probably explain the Gundogan thing.

It’s amazing how we all view things differently. I gave Gundo MOTM.
Admittedly that wasn’t the popular vote, but he was far from terrible.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

That's very speculative on your part Beefy.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm glad you typed 'speculative' instead of 'peculative' FIBD.

That would have been a different ball game altogether. :o :o
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm glad you typed 'speculative' instead of 'peculative' FIBD.

That would have been a different ball game altogether. :o :o

neologisms r us?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:37 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone would think that was something you'd just made up JC. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:^^^^^^^^^^
Anyone would think that was something you'd just made up JC. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Imagination is the last resort of the pedant MC :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

Imagination is the last resort of the pedant MC :D

There's nothing in the least pedantic about you, my friend and there's certainly nothing of a "last resort" nature in your intellectual armoury.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby phips » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:55 am

Beefy, no, not "first and foremost". I have no idea where people got that from.

admittedly maybe im subconsciously comparing him to Silva because he's taken his spot even though they're far from the same type of player. i dont believe im being overly critical. im well aware of his injury history and I've also mentioned more than a few times that he needs to get match time to get back up to speed. that being said, i haven't seen a single thing from him thats been good this season (aside from his headed goal vs Spurs). he misplaces most of his passes (excluding the simple backwards/sideways passes) and his shots are either wildy speculative/ambitious and miss by a mile or are weak and straight at the keeper. he's trying too hard to score and in doing so is being too selfish and his hurting his own game.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:08 am

phips wrote:Beefy, no, not "first and foremost". I have no idea where people got that from.

admittedly maybe im subconsciously comparing him to Silva because he's taken his spot even though they're far from the same type of player. i dont believe im being overly critical. im well aware of his injury history and I've also mentioned more than a few times that he needs to get match time to get back up to speed. that being said, i haven't seen a single thing from him thats been good this season (aside from his headed goal vs Spurs). he misplaces most of his passes (excluding the simple backwards/sideways passes) and his shots are either wildy speculative/ambitious and miss by a mile or are weak and straight at the keeper. he's trying too hard to score and in doing so is being too selfish and his hurting his own game.

Bullshit!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:54 am

phips wrote:Beefy, no, not "first and foremost". I have no idea where people got that from.

I've just checked his stats. He is passing at over 91%
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Bullshit!

Don’t quote him Jesus. He’s choosing to miss the outstanding 80 mins Gundo has v Spurs with or without the goal. The slicing run he mad through Leicester to lay the ball on a plate for Bernardo or the way he transformed mid game from attacking to holding and back again against Newcastle all the while without our best man for retaining possession (Silva) and still totally dominated. He can’t be helped, just spare us reading it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:50 am

you caught me. im choosing to ignore all of that.

in fact, im not really ignoring. ill come clean: im trolling you. I've decided to waste 6 yrs of my life messing with you by posting utter bullshit and riling you up. im not really a City fan. i hate football. i dont even watch the matches.

91%? pft. i dont care that 95% of that 91% are sideways and backwards passes. 91%? thats a good number but in the interest of trolling i decided to deride Gundogan unfairly on purpose.

i can't say that you've caught me since some caught on on day one. that sorta ruined my "ah ha moment".
well done PBL, you've finally gotten me to admit it. good job, sir.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:36 am

phips wrote:you caught me. im choosing to ignore all of that.

in fact, im not really ignoring. ill come clean: im trolling you. I've decided to waste 6 yrs of my life messing with you by posting utter bullshit and riling you up. im not really a City fan. i hate football. i dont even watch the matches.

91%? pft. i dont care that 95% of that 91% are sideways and backwards passes. 91%? thats a good number but in the interest of trolling i decided to deride Gundogan unfairly on purpose.

i can't say that you've caught me since some caught on on day one. that sorta ruined my "ah ha moment".
well done PBL, you've finally gotten me to admit it. good job, sir.

It's actually 43%of his passes that are sideways or backwards.

Just for comparison's sake Silva's is 39%.

I don't believe you're a troll, I just believe you haven't a clue what you're talking about and get the feeling you're led by hyperbole and sensationalism in general but hey, that's just my opinion.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum