*** newcastle v city*** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** newcastle v city*** official match thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Sorry mate, it's the injustices of the cheating referee that do me ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:31 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:Why the fuck are people picking arguments when we’re winning :lol:

What are you looking at?

To be fair, I sit in an aisle so that people who leave early block my view for the last 5-10 minutes - it's really annoying.

Well , when the daft tawt in the middle leaves ten minutes early, go and take his seat. Why moan to us about it ? Be proactive and not reactive.

Not in the other thread so... But this wouldn't work as the other STs around me don't leave early. It's the day trippers who come in 10 mins late, loiter in the aisle, and block me. Then leave 5 mins before HT, and block me. Etc etc. It's not the end of the world but I'd prefer it if everyone had an attention span of 45 minutes at a time.

As Mase says ... plank 'em.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spurge » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:48 pm

We miss david silva.

We did tire towards the end. On any other night we go into the break 3 goals to the good.

Otamendi's headed clearance from under his own bar under massive pressure was class. Possibly our most improved player this season. Becoming a real leaader at the heart of our defence.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Poor second half but job done.
Kev looked lethargic.

We should have won it easily but we’ll take them any way they come.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Well worth a watch, makes good points about opposition teams trying to break our Legs. :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/video/espn-fc-t ... g-targeted
Last edited by zabbadabbado on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:05 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Well worth a watch makes good points. :twisted: :twisted:

Just replied to that, said fuck you Beefy and post lost so won't expand. Needless to say, they had it right until the Fatboy sung.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Just replied to that, did fuck you Beefy so won't expand. Needless to say, they had it right until the Fatboy sung.
I deleted the thread mate,and merged it with the match thread,trying not to clog up the board..Then noticed the link wasn't working :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .Fixed it now Beefy. :D .
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:13 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Just replied to that, did fuck you Beefy so won't expand. Needless to say, they had it right until the Fatboy sung.
I deleted the thread mate,and merged it with the match thread,trying not to clog up the board..Then noticed the link wasn't working :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .Fixed it now Beefy. :D .

Seen it mate but it stopped when the bloke I'd never seen before said, words to the effect, 'But in my day', about the red card challenges. It cut off there and I hope he had a massive 'But' to follow.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:14 pm

It was a bit ugly at the end, but a good result. I was very concerned about this game, but at this time of year, any win is a good win. Next, Palace.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:25 pm

I think we sort of coasted that one , with a few like Kev consrving energy when he could. Having said that if Murphy had got red as he should have it would have been very different. Equally we did hit the woodwork 3 times so we weren't all bad were we?

Great 3 points
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I think we sort of coasted that one , with a few like Kev consrving energy when he could. Having said that if Murphy had got red as he should have it would have been very different. Equally we did hit the woodwork 3 times so we weren't all bad were we?

Great 3 points

One of the commentators on 5Live said that it would be reviewed and a retrospective ban issued. How come there wasn't even a yellow if it was that bad?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Just seen the Gayle dive. Fair play to Mariner for not falling for that. That would have been given last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
zuricity wrote:Some mard arses on here tonight. Kun did his best, hit the post twice and could have scored but for fine goalkeeping. What right do we have to score 5 ,6 or 7 ?
They have to be earned.
The game was pure dominance, and any other time we would be four up.
Moaning about Kun , what about Kevin and his near misses or shots wide?

Anyway , torn between tin tin and Raheem for motm.
I agree Aguero tried his best, just couldn’t hit a Barn Door tonight. When he is having one of those nights you might as well sub him because he offers nothing else.

I think Jesus hold up play is much better than Aguero, I think that’s why Guardiola prefers to keep Jesus on instead of Aguero ;) . I agree with Guardiola,i.Love Ageruo but his hold up play is pretty shit. When its one of those nights and you are only 1-0 up possession is key, you just got to see out the game.

1nce again...agree with your assessment.

I know some of us think the Kun off this summer talk is "blah blah" talk from "sources" (aka the kit man's cousin's best mate's gran's nephew) but Pep did not exactly deny the claims after the Bournemouth game (I believe it was then).

Jesus offers more in midfield/buildup and we saw this when he came on, and it doesn't help that Kun is not scoring.

I never want Sergio to go for sentimental reasons as well as for all of the quality he has and would clearly offer another club (Real Madrid is what some say, but maybe PSG if Neymar leaves, or sell Cavani), and I REALLY HOPE he finds a way to stay before going back to Argentina, but if things don't change I think he may decide to go, especially if we sign Alexis.

This would be a sad, unfortunate reality of how things work sometimes when you are operating at the levels of contribution demanded by a system such as Pep's.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:54 am

desperately need Silva back

Kevin looks sluggish and tired after recovering from the flu

Otamendi great again. Pep really has transformed him. he's not even diving in anymore. how he hasn't gotten a yellow (leading to a suspension) in the last few matches is impressive.

Gundogan terrible again. he tries too many tricks and back heels and is overly selfish often trying stupidly audacious shots that have no chance.

Sane needs to start on Sunday
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:18 am

phips wrote:desperately need Silva back

Otamendi great again. Pep really has transformed him. he's not even diving in anymore. how he hasn't gotten a yellow (leading to a suspension) in the last few matches is impressive.

Gundogan terrible again. he tries too many tricks and back heels and is overly selfish often trying stupidly audacious shots that have no chance.

I think Palace away will be a classic for Razza on one touchline and Aladdin on the other
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:02 am

phips wrote:desperately need Silva back

We don't desperately need any individual, we could do with being full strength and we do miss Silva when he's not there ( who wouldn't)but desperation? That's just daft.

No one was terrible. I think I saw one effort from Gundogan that could be described as audacious and then another effort he tried to roll into the bottom corner. That aside his all round game was decent, kept things ticking over nicely in the middle without having as much impact as he might have liked to have had, not easy when there's no space.

Now DeBruyne was trying and failing with audacious shots, but we'll forgive him given he's normally lethal with them type of efforts. As for him being sluggish, was he fuck, his passing and pressing was brilliant.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:04 am

Excellent away win at a shit stage in the season and 3 big points to make it 15 clear of the deluded twats what more can one ask for.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:42 am

I see we’re getting blamed for the brand of non football on display last night for being too good for other teams to want to give us a game
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:44 am

Freezing cold winters night away at St James Park Newcastle , we won , we kept another clean sheet , we are 15 points clear at the top of the Premier League , our bitter rivals are in turmoil , there odious manager is in free fall meltdown and we carry on breaking records left right and center .......... not too bad a night !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:47 am

Wooders wrote:I see we’re getting blamed for the brand of non football on display last night for being too good for other teams to want to give us a game

The same thing happened at Barca, opposition were happy to lose but receive plaudits for being disciplined rather than play football.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum