***cpfc v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***cpfc v mcfc official match thread***

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:27 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Said it earlier,and a few other times this season.Legend or not, I am fast losing patience with Aguero.He is bringing absolutely fuck all to this City side at the moment.

I get it. Strikers go through barren spells where nothing comes off in front of goal.

The problem with Ageuro is if he is not scoring, he is simply appears to be not arsed. Just hanging around the penalty area on the shoulder of a defender waiting for the Ball to land at his feet for an easy tap in. He doesn’t even score these much anymore, just lazily lashes at the Ball with no composure. Getting caught off side is criminal in the six yard box, His ball control/retention/recycling is none existent. He never tries to make space for himself, it can’t just be an age thing, Sanchez to is 29 also and still puts shifts in until he is dripping wet. When was the last time Aguero left the Pitch wet through ?

This is why Guardiola much prefers Jesus to him. Not because Jesus is a more natural goal scorer than Aguero, but because Aguero is lazy and never puts a shift in. I think Guardiola will off load him at the end of the season regardless.

Right now we need Sanchez, if we are relying on Aguero for the rest of the season we will be in the shit.We have to fact the facts he has been awful for what ever reason for weeks. It goes unnoticed when we are banging them in from all over the Pitch. The man is a passenger, and one has to question the effort he is putting in.Most that side today have been playing out of their skin all season,they can have an off day.Agero off day has been most of the season.It could be argued we badly need 2 strikers.

No motivation, mate.

I said it before, after his goal in Naples he lost it, the desire, the hunger to do anything. I think the season ended for him in Italy.
No idea how he can get it back, still there are a lot of things to win this year. He should be smarter than that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:30 pm

imagine if we’d given diaz all those minutes we wasted on aguero since his amsterdam jollies...sigh.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Said it earlier,and a few other times this season.Legend or not, I am fast losing patience with Aguero.He is bringing absolutely fuck all to this City side at the moment.

I get it. Strikers go through barren spells where nothing comes off in front of goal.

The problem with Ageuro is if he is not scoring, he is simply appears to be not arsed. Just hanging around the penalty area on the shoulder of a defender waiting for the Ball to land at his feet for an easy tap in. He doesn’t even score these much anymore, just lazily lashes at the Ball with no composure. Getting caught off side is criminal in the six yard box, His ball control/retention/recycling is none existent. He never tries to make space for himself, it can’t just be an age thing, Sanchez to is 29 also and still puts shifts in until he is dripping wet. When was the last time Aguero left the Pitch wet through ?

This is why Guardiola much prefers Jesus to him. Not because Jesus is a more natural goal scorer than Aguero, but because Aguero is lazy and never puts a shift in. I think Guardiola will off load him at the end of the season regardless.

Right now we need Sanchez, if we are relying on Aguero for the rest of the season we will be in the shit.We have to fact the facts he has been awful for what ever reason for weeks. It goes unnoticed when we are banging them in from all over the Pitch. The man is a passenger, and one has to question the effort he is putting in.Most that side today have been playing out of their skin all season,they can have an off day.Agero off day has been most of the season.It could be argued we badly need 2 strikers.

No motivation, mate.

I said it before, after his goal in Naples he lost it, the desire, the hunger to do anything. I think the season ended for him in Italy.
No idea how he can get it back, still there are a lot of things to win this year. He should be smarter than that.
Jesus long term injury is hardly going to motivate him then.The thought of him leading the line for the rest of season fills me with fear.If we dont get Sanchez, we will have to hope KDB/Silva and the rest of the side dont have many more off days to compensate for carrying a passenger. ;) ;) .Thats what it feels like.Games like today he should be stepping up to the Plate take the pressure of his knackered team mates.It is his lack of effort on the Pitch that is irking me more than his lack of goals.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby edge275 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Some general thoughts.

First of all we make tons of chances but tend to not make the most of them. I’m not sure if psychologically this plays a part where if someone misses a chance, they know another one will be along shortly so not to worry. They should fucking worry because it costs us dearly like it did today and especially against big clubs in the Champions League they are often tight affairs and you have to make the most of your chances. Even smaller teams we hump 5 - 0 we make 10’- 12 good chances. I’m not saying we should take every chance created but we should be doing better with them. Which leads us on to the next issue.

Secondly and part of the above problem is Aguero is just honestly playing like shit. He doesn’t play for the team he just plays for himself and when he’s not scoring he’s almost like a passenger. I love him for who he is and what he’s done for the club over the years but on his current form he should be dropped. If he doesn’t buck up his ideas whilst he’s dropped then we should consider selling him whilst he still has some value.

We need Sanchez in at all costs in January with Aguero’s form and Jesus’ injury further adding to our striker problems. Diaz also worth considering playing.

Separate to the game today but it seems Kompany is pretty much finished and at his age it’s not going to be any better in the future. I’m fine with keeping him on as he could be a great person to lead into coaching etc but he cannot be replied upon in any way to play. We need another centre back.

I don’t trust Bravo in any way and I want him gone with a good back up for Ederson.

The ref was a cunt and we should be putting pressure on the refs and that imbecile Mike Riley to stop farcical decisions being made against us and demand more protection from the Neanderthal cloggers trying to kick our players to death.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Dirty fuckin cunts !!! I really like Palace as a club and they have great fans but after today I hope they get relegated , proper classless cunts goings on on that pitch today , absolute disgrace taking out an honest world class player in KDB . Really really hope the FA go to town on Puncheon and isn't the dirty cunt already on a assault charge ??? WTF is going on here FFS ??? and Zaha the dirty cheating cunt , shit hairstyle aswell fucking bell end !!! . Sort of knew this was coming but fuck me that was a disgrace from palace , Hodgson and the fat cunt of a ref !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Scatman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:24 pm

We won the first game of the first half of the season, drew the next one, and won the rest. I'd be more than happy if we replicated that in the second half of the season.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:31 pm

City64 wrote:Dirty fuckin cunts !!! I really like Palace as a club and they have great fans but after today I hope they get relegated , proper classless cunts goings on on that pitch today , absolute disgrace taking out an honest world class player in KDB . Really really hope the FA go to town on Puncheon and isn't the dirty cunt already on a assault charge ??? WTF is going on here FFS ??? and Zaha the dirty cheating cunt , shit hairstyle aswell fucking bell end !!! . Sort of knew this was coming but fuck me that was a disgrace from palace , Hodgson and the fat cunt of a ref !!!

Very well presented argument I must say.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:11 pm

sheblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Dirty fuckin cunts !!! I really like Palace as a club and they have great fans but after today I hope they get relegated , proper classless cunts goings on on that pitch today , absolute disgrace taking out an honest world class player in KDB . Really really hope the FA go to town on Puncheon and isn't the dirty cunt already on a assault charge ??? WTF is going on here FFS ??? and Zaha the dirty cheating cunt , shit hairstyle aswell fucking bell end !!! . Sort of knew this was coming but fuck me that was a disgrace from palace , Hodgson and the fat cunt of a ref !!!

Very well presented argument I must say.

Letting off steam pal , our team got fucked over today bigtime !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:35 pm

I never thought I would see the day the media would be in overdrive because City did not win, after 18 wins on the trot, away to a team whose brief was to kick us of the field, says it all really.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks city first step in a shit new year in koh samui. Win a fucking game when I'm away ffs
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum