New Year's Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Year's Games

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:55 pm

branny wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Morata missed so many sitters tonight. Looked terrible.

Great result though.

Yep, points required is now down to 34.

11 wins and goal difference would take up the slack for the last point.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby branny » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
branny wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Morata missed so many sitters tonight. Looked terrible.

Great result though.

Yep, points required is now down to 34.

11 wins and goal difference would take up the slack for the last point.

I doubt we'll need anywhere near 34.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Nine wins will be more than enough. I'd like more, but that will be sufficient
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm

I wanted Chelsea to win. I don't like all the shit Mou is copping when his side is in second place. Hardly a crisis is it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 pm

dazby wrote:I wanted Chelsea to win. I don't like all the shit Mou is copping when his side is in second place. Hardly a crisis is it.

I want us to win the bloody thing as soon as possible. Anything that hinders our nearest rivals is a good thing.
Plus I want as many clubs breathing down the filths's necks in the hope they miss out on the top four.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 pm

dazby wrote:I wanted Chelsea to win. I don't like all the shit Mou is copping when his side is in second place. Hardly a crisis is it.

Don't worry, rumour has it the odious one has saddled up his little horse and is about to ride out of town:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html

There is growing concern inside Old Trafford that Jose Mourinho will not be the manager of Manchester United next season.

Indeed, there is a sense that things are beginning to unravel in an all too familiar fashion, with insiders worried that it will conclude with Mourinho resigning at the end of the current campaign. As one observer remarked on Wednesday: ‘Jose seems to be having third-season syndrome a year early with us.’

Staff at United regard him as an increasingly detached figure, withdrawing more into the inner sanctum of his own coaching team and spending even less time than usual in Manchester.

Home, as he said recently in one interview, is in London and Mourinho has made no secret of his decision to stay in a hotel when he is in the North West.

And while it would be ridiculous to question the commitment of a manager renowned for his work ethic and his attention to detail, the frequency with which he returns to the family home is causing some alarm.

Mourinho is a regular train traveller but is also understood to sometimes use different forms of air travel for his commute to work.

It is believed he used a private jet on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, having given his players an extended Christmas break by training on the morning of the 24th and the evening of the 25th.

Club officials say they are not aware of a jet being hired, which would suggest Mourinho paid for it personally if that was indeed the case.

But the sheer number of journeys south is troubling for some when insiders question why his wife, Matilde, cannot move to Manchester now that their children are no longer living at home.

If results were better and Manchester City were not proving quite so dominant at the summit of the Premier League, Mourinho’s domestic arrangements would not be such an issue.

But when life in the shadow of Pep Guardiola looks so uncomfortable for the former Chelsea boss, it starts to be regarded as a symptom of a wider problem.

Mourinho does represent an improvement on Louis van Gaal but the Dutchman is credited, at least, with committing to life in Manchester.

He and his wife made a home for themselves in Cheshire, often dining out in nearby restaurants and even joining the local tennis club. For the residents of Bowdon and Hale, the Van Gaals were a regular sight, sometimes when enjoying an evening stroll together.

By contrast, Mourinho is something of a recluse, and far more likely to be spotted by commuters on the platforms at either Stockport or London Euston.

The issues, of course, go way beyond Mourinho’s living arrangements. The fight he seems to be picking over the purchase of new personnel, the club can almost accept.

There is certainly a willingness to recognise that Mourinho is entitled to disagree with the choices of his more immediate predecessors, namely David Moyes and Van Gaal, when it comes to players. Just as the club would recognise that Mourinho has more than played his part in getting the club back at the top table in the transfer market.

But as reported by Sportsmail on Wednesday, it has been noted that he has criticised United’s spending with comments that appear to be aimed directly at the board.

Other battles are also harder to justify, and seem utterly self-defeating. The decision to publicly attack Paul Scholes was a curious one when the former United player was far from alone among the pundits in identifying problems within Mourinho’s team.

But rather than respond to a former Liverpool or a former Arsenal player, and in doing so garner the support of the United fans, Mourinho went for a hugely popular figure in Scholes.

He got it particularly wrong when he seemed to suggest that Scholes’s criticism of Paul Pogba was in some way fuelled by resentment over the salary the French midfielder commands.

Scholes was not just an outstanding player. He was someone to whom money did not actually matter that much. Sure, he knew his value to United and today he is an extremely wealthy man.

But here was a footballer who never tried to maximise his income by employing an agent to agitate for a pay rise or secure a commercial deal, preferring instead to pay an accountant an hourly rate when it came to negotiating his employment contract.

When asked about Scholes, Mourinho also defended himself. ‘I am proud to represent this club and every day I try to do my best,’ he said, and there is no doubt he does.

But he cuts a disgruntled figure, a malcontent seemingly unhappy at United and always looking to escape the city.

‘Paris Saint-Germain would be low-hanging fruit for him,’ said one well-placed observer on Wednesday.

He could even get the train there.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 am

Noooooooooo. Come on Mou, you've got more damage to do.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dimples » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 am

Despite the source that article makes sense to me. He is strategic and from that perspective his utterances of late indicate positioning for a departure. How else can you explain the latest outburst I.e. his attack on the Rags ginger hero? Add in his gigantic ego Vs. the position our club is in (5 years ahead of the Rags (at least) and increasing.

Pity if true. He has spunked away a lot of their money and will continue to do so, his footballing template is TRex, his behaviour is costing them money by losing fans and sponsors and the Dippers, Chavs and maybe Spurs will be better than the Rags next season.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:08 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

the odious one has saddled up his little horse and is about to ride out of town:

Chuckle . . .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

I want us to win the bloody thing as soon as possible. Anything that hinders our nearest rivals is a good thing.
Plus I want as many clubs breathing down the filths's necks in the hope they miss out on the top four.

Agreed. I want whoever is in 2nd to drop points
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Crikey ! Dean gives a foul FOR Zabs ! must be blind the useless fcukler ...
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Dimples wrote:Despite the source that article makes sense to me. He is strategic and from that perspective his utterances of late indicate positioning for a departure. How else can you explain the latest outburst I.e. his attack on the Rags ginger hero? Add in his gigantic ego Vs. the position our club is in (5 years ahead of the Rags (at least) and increasing.

Pity if true. He has spunked away a lot of their money and will continue to do so, his footballing template is TRex, his behaviour is costing them money by losing fans and sponsors and the Dippers, Chavs and maybe Spurs will be better than the Rags next season.

That's terrific; well done to you. :lol: :lol:

As for the thought of Mourinho leaving at the end of the season, IMHO it's all a ploy he's set in motion, for the patently transparent motive he has, which is to get oodles more transfer cash from the tight fisted Yanks running the show.

He'll still be here next season, doing his worst, so we all can relax. The article described him as being "strategic" and, to his little mind, that's what he's doing right now.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 pm

lost souls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 pm

What a Fooking goal
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Chinners » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:31 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:What a Fooking goal

Indeed, goal of the season so far!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 pm

Chinners wrote:

Indeed, goal of the season so far!

Playing at Wembley Stadium is so unfair on poor little Tottingham. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 pm

I think that goal is also known as a fucking screamer
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

What a Fooking goal
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Not watching.
Was the goal any good?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Ah ffs I'd just turned it off.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum