***City vs Watford - Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City vs Watford - Official Match Thread***

Postby edge275 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:30 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
bigblue wrote:If Kun was making his debut as a teenager, I'd say well done. But he should be playing miles better than what he's done today. Sloppy, unfocused, and bad decision making abound
I think he has been shit most this season. He should be burying most these chances he is now consistently missing every game. It appears if the Ball is not 3 yards out, then he is likely to miss it completely, or hit it straight at the Keeper. It doesn’t help he really has lost a yard of pace, I think this is the reason why he is starting to lash at the Ball more wildly, he knows he cant go past a player like he used to, so hits it wildly. He looks frustrated with himself.

Personally I think Guardiola will get rid of him at the end of this season. We can still make a few quid on him. Club legend or not, there is no room for sentiment in football at the top level( which we are now). You have to know when to cash in for optimum value, for me that time has arrived. Maybe sell him to Madrid or PSG for £60 million +.

In the meantime we need Sanchez badly. It is alright when we are banging them in for fun from the Flanks/Middle. We need more from up front and we are not getting what we should be getting.

I reckon any half decent striker could bang 20 goals a season in this side right now. Maybe we should take a punt on a half decent Premiership proven striker as well as Sanchez.

Yeah I agree with this. He’s 30 in 5 months we can flog him in the summer like you say perhaps to Madrid or PSG for £60 million whilst paying fuck all for Sanchez. I also think we should get another proven striker too. I don’t want a donkey like Dzeko though. Balotelli would be interesting!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:dishwashers both emptied
did i miss anything in those last few mins?

Aguero is dog shit apparently
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Chinners wrote:

Only because tap ins don’t count.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm

edge275 wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
bigblue wrote:If Kun was making his debut as a teenager, I'd say well done. But he should be playing miles better than what he's done today. Sloppy, unfocused, and bad decision making abound
I think he has been shit most this season. He should be burying most these chances he is now consistently missing every game. It appears if the Ball is not 3 yards out, then he is likely to miss it completely, or hit it straight at the Keeper. It doesn’t help he really has lost a yard of pace, I think this is the reason why he is starting to lash at the Ball more wildly, he knows he cant go past a player like he used to, so hits it wildly. He looks frustrated with himself.

Personally I think Guardiola will get rid of him at the end of this season. We can still make a few quid on him. Club legend or not, there is no room for sentiment in football at the top level( which we are now). You have to know when to cash in for optimum value, for me that time has arrived. Maybe sell him to Madrid or PSG for £60 million +.

In the meantime we need Sanchez badly. It is alright when we are banging them in for fun from the Flanks/Middle. We need more from up front and we are not getting what we should be getting.

I reckon any half decent striker could bang 20 goals a season in this side right now. Maybe we should take a punt on a half decent Premiership proven striker as well as Sanchez.

Yeah I agree with this. He’s 30 in 5 months we can flog him in the summer like you say perhaps to Madrid or PSG for £60 million whilst paying fuck all for Sanchez. I also think we should get another proven striker too. I don’t want a donkey like Dzeko though. Balotelli would be interesting!
Ballotelli is on record as saying he would play for us for fuck all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is a head case,but will always be loved by us blues for his exploits at the Swamp............and his Firework parties :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:

I reckon any half decent striker could bang 20 goals a season in this side right now. Maybe we should take a punt on a half decent Premiership proven striker as well as Sanchez.We have seen what Guardiola can do with a rough Diamond like Delph ;) ;)

Interesting view ... been said by several on here each season for the past 4 or 5 .... will wait to see if it finally happens for our 20 goals every season record holder who is the same age as Sanchez
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Chinners wrote:

His all round game is in decline mate, he is 30 next year.. Check out his OPTA stats they support the fact his game is on a downward spiral. Father time catches up with all unfortunately. Ronaldo 32 is another one whose game has been on a serious downward trajectory this season.

Pretty sure Madrid would off load Ronaldo for big bucks at the end of this season if they could mug him off on one the Big Clubs. Would be great if the Rags signed him for £100 million. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said earlier, we are eating at top table now. We are one of the biggest Clubs in the World. We are growing in stature on the Pitch, and off it. Our brand of football is bringing us fans from all over the Globe. Unfortunately our brand of football is very demanding physically on players. There really is no room for sentiment, when you demand success every season, it is just the way it is.

Aguero has been a great servant to our Club. His exploits will never, ever be forgotten they will remain in history books for an eternity. You have to take off your blue tinted spectacles though, and accept his career with us is nearly over. If he hasn’t been sold at the end of this season, which I think is almost a certainty. His last season will be spent on the Bench as a substitute, his place no longer a certainty. I don’t think he will accept this and want out. That’s the reason I think he will be sold.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:07 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Walker looks like he's got a groin strain......

Sergio back on score sheet

A win, job done

Yes I noticed Walker seemed to pick up an injury right at the very end. He hobbled as if he had pulled a muscle of some sort all the way off the pitch
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:15 pm

62 points by the 2nd January. Well done City. :D :D

62 points last season would have been enough to qualify for the Europa League. :o :o :o
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:17 pm

Just got back great 3pts , we never had to get out of 2nd gear after a brilliant first 12 minutes or so to go 2 nil up , Very noticeable our players conserving energy due to so many games , weather was atrocious , very windy and pissing down ............ proper armchair fan weather ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Coasted plenty of that game. No problem with that although it did show once we had taken 3 key players off through the middle.
Sterling fairly quiet after the early goal.
Sane better and a top assist.
Kevin a bit iffy at times with his passing but still plenty of key quality moments
Dinho and Merlin ran the show.
Delph didnt put a foot wrong.
Walker excellent till he slipped (again) near the end.I wonder if that's where he might have picked up the injury
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Was at the match. Some of the players were dead on their feet at the end. Particularly Sterling and Sergio. They kept trying to beat solid walls and then losing possession. Sane started off like a house on fire. We could easily have scored 5 or 6 in the first half. Watford deserved their consolation: Walker embarrassingly done. Still on another day it could have been a real thrashing.

We can’t keep flogging dead horses. A weakened team looks inevitable on Saturday and Burnley will be a tough challenge. A shock result is not out of the question. I expect Yaya will get a start. When he’s not pressed he can still ping the ball about. Played pretty well except for one dreadful error.Good to see Stones and Delph and I’m sure they’ll both play on Saturday. I’d rest Otamendi and play Mangala. Gundogan in for Fernandinho, Yaya for Kevin. Have some strength on the bench in case of emergencies. Walker maybe out anyway: looked to do his groin so Danilo will get a start on the right. Bernardo for Sterling. Sergio needs a rest but who to put in his place? Do we need to buy a forward because of Gabriel’s long term injury? Of course we do. Get Sanchez in ASAP.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 pm

13 days for Walker to get fit for the dippers
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 pm

I can sort of understand the Aguero shit but really wonder what he's done to certain people to expect such vitriol?

He has become a hate figure for some reason and is getting comments that border on Rag following.

He's having an off time at the moment and if he goes, he goes, but to see this from City fans, it's a little perturbing. Is it a Sanchez thing?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:13 days for Walker to get fit for the dippers

What happened?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Aguero bashing this week :lol:

Our own fans last week, who's for the chop next week? Got to have something to moan about.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Looks like he did his groin at the end of the match
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 am

I might be alone but I think Aguero is working hard and just needed that goal. He’ll be fine after that I reckon. He’s also never beaten players in behind and sprinted to goal so I’m sure he’s got plenty left in the tank. Stop worrying.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 am

wow. Walker got destroyed for the Watford goal
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I can sort of understand the Aguero shit but really wonder what he's done to certain people to expect such vitriol?

He has become a hate figure for some reason and is getting comments that border on Rag following.

He's having an off time at the moment and if he goes, he goes, but to see this from City fans, it's a little perturbing. Is it a Sanchez thing?

Agree with this , no doubt by his own standards he has slipped a gear , used to give him a half chance and bang it’s in . Now it seems it’s 1 in 4/5 good chances , But that’s no need for some of the comments . What he needs is a striker to help with the load , not his replacement . Madness
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I might be alone but I think Aguero is working hard and just needed that goal. He’ll be fine after that I reckon. He’s also never beaten players in behind and sprinted to goal so I’m sure he’s got plenty left in the tank. Stop worrying.

Yeah I don't think there's any 'hate campaign'. But when you are paid large amounts of money you can expect it to be pointed out when you are playing shite. The last two games he's been truly awful anywhere near goal. Missed a number of chances that would once be 'easy'. But getting in the positions.

That said I think he's shagged out from all this running and it's no coincidence. I've said all season if we stayed with only 2 strikers they'd both end up knackered, or injured or both. And now where are we?

Others said we shouldn't play/sign Jesus as we might upset Aguero - how ridiculous is that? If we don't sign some relief soon we'll be playing for these 4 trophies with no strikers at all. Whilst I wouldn't put it past Pep, I don't think that will be good.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum