***City vs Watford - Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***City vs Watford - Official Match Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 am

phips wrote:wow. Walker got destroyed for the Watford goal

he slipped (again, tbf)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am

johnny crossan wrote:

he slipped (again, tbf)

Wowsers! OMG!!! C'mon JC, your post is nowhere near sensational enough.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am

john@staustell wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I might be alone but I think Aguero is working hard and just needed that goal. He’ll be fine after that I reckon. He’s also never beaten players in behind and sprinted to goal so I’m sure he’s got plenty left in the tank. Stop worrying.

Yeah I don't think there's any 'hate campaign'. But when you are paid large amounts of money you can expect it to be pointed out when you are playing shite. The last two games he's been truly awful anywhere near goal. Missed a number of chances that would once be 'easy'. But getting in the positions.

That said I think he's shagged out from all this running and it's no coincidence. I've said all season if we stayed with only 2 strikers they'd both end up knackered, or injured or both. And now where are we?

Others said we shouldn't play/sign Jesus as we might upset Aguero - how ridiculous is that? If we don't sign some relief soon we'll be playing for these 4 trophies with no strikers at all. Whilst I wouldn't put it past Pep, I don't think that will be good.

Just as well that our set up means there are a few players that can score otherwise we'd be fucked.

Aguero is way off at the moment and he needs to find some real form.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 am

Its a weird one, 13 goals in 17 PL games this season is being seen as him having a poor season .... the problem is probably that if he was 'playing well' it would more likely be 21 goals in 17 games ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 am

Chinners wrote:Its a weird one, 13 goals in 17 PL games this season is being seen as him having a poor season .... the problem is probably that if he was 'playing well' it would more likely be 21 goals in 17 games ...

he should have scored at least 6 in the last 3 games
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:41 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Chinners wrote:Its a weird one, 13 goals in 17 PL games this season is being seen as him having a poor season .... the problem is probably that if he was 'playing well' it would more likely be 21 goals in 17 games ...

Indeed, that was kinda my point ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am

This ! Sadly it looks like age is catching up with Sergio . That 2 or 3 yard power burst isn’t there lately although his first touch and ball control is still very good . For me he just isn’t creating those deadly sharp openings or producing the clinical finishes which over all the years at city have been his trademark. He is also lacking a little confidence showing he is only human after all , the goal he scored last night might change things I for one wouldn’t write off such a class player and legend just yet because of “media speculation “ over Alexi Sanchez . Nothing is guaranteed in football and Sergio Aguero has been one of the best strikers in the world longer than most ! Very special player and every chance of picking up his 3rd PL Title in 7 years ........... takes some doing that even when playing in a very special team . Some on here need to take a rain check and spout off like rags EMBARRASSING!!!
Last edited by City64 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:57 am

Nobody is saying he is shite or they hate him or any of that bollocks. But he is not at his very best. Even those with the most blue tinted specs surely can see that.
Why is he not at his best? Is he in decline as reasonably suggested.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

I also think it has an affect that his game has changed. He's doing twice as much as before, chasing down and putting everything in for the team. Just looked at the stats and out of the 10 games we've played from 3 Dec to 2 Jan Sergio and Jesus have played in 8 and 7 games and started 6. Only due to the injury has Sergio probably played more minutes (had to come on early). This shows a decent rotation policy which also applies to the younger lads such as Raheem and Sane. However, it's still a lot of minutes in such a short period and it's obvious that it's going to affect players mentally during this period.

All players from all clubs have suffered over this period with those in the CL having to play even more games. It has had an affect across the league and what is usually a difficult period has been made harder due to the extra games being played (10 games compared to 8 over the previous 2 seasons). Personally I think it's barmy and doesn't help anybody, probably damaging the chances for those going to the WC.

Back to the original though, we only dropped 2 points over that period, topped our group to get a decent draw in the CL and put ourselves in contention for a League Cup final which Aguero had a large part to play in it, especially as there was more pressure due to Jesus going on a bit of a goal drought. We have done well as a team where Aguero is now being asked to do a different role and I for one appreciate what he does, just like I do with all the players in this squad.

We no longer work to get the ball to the striker upfront, we now play to allow any player in the best position to score, and that has to be remembered when judging individual players. The mindset has changed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Chinners wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

he should be on 30 goals
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

he should be on 30 goals

1 goal every 45 minutes, sounds reasonable.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

he should be on 30 goals

Agreed, 30 goals minimum by now .... we should sell him asap to cash in while we can
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

he slipped (again, tbf)

true but you could argue the Watford player's movement caused him to slip a la being juked in basketball.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

he should be on 30 goals

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Kippax Sean » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Great to see kdb back so quickly after the hatchet job on him, amazing what a few players returning and a good win does to calm you down and put things back into perspective.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Kippax Sean wrote:Great to see kdb back so quickly after the hatchet job on him, amazing what a few players returning and a good win does to calm you down and put things back into perspective.

Still not sure of the wisdom of that one mate. Lets see if he rests KDB in the next 2, which should be possible - or at least on the bench in case of disaster.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Kippax Sean » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Kippax Sean wrote:Great to see kdb back so quickly after the hatchet job on him, amazing what a few players returning and a good win does to calm you down and put things back into perspective.

Still not sure of the wisdom of that one mate. Lets see if he rests KDB in the next 2, which should be possible - or at least on the bench in case of disaster.

Agree, I think initially we all thought kdb 's injury was more serious. Seems he was adamant he wanted to play, if so a fantastic attitude. Hopefully rested for the Burnley game at least.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum