A little bit of FA Cup chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A little bit of FA Cup chat

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:38 pm

There is lots of chat about tickets and going to the game, but not much about the actual football. This is the best I can do.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Graham Scott

Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett

Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson

Fourth Official: Andy Haines

Team Selection
Pope
, Lowton, 
Tarkowski, 
Mee, 
Taylor, 
JBG, 
Defour, 
Cork, 
Arfield, 
Barnes, 
Vokes

And the rest…

FA cup,all tickets sold so there will be 7500 cheering on the Clarets.Makes for a great day out whatever the result…Should Sean play a weakened team and give some young ones a chance whilst resting some first team players or should he go for it and keep with the first team.? …Citeh will no doubt rest some of their superstars so maybe we might give a few young ones the chance of a bit of experience in game time…Not too bothered either way really.. I suppose we should play our strongest squad available if we want to progress

I'm not too bothered about the FA Cup either, so I'd experiment with some changes

i was thinking along them lines too Alto,but then I looked at our league position and thought why not give it a go with our strongest squad…Although the higher up the league we finish is worth quite a lot of smackeroos more than the FA cup
This is not Mission Impossible, put our strongest team out and dare them to take us lightly

competition is luck of the draw - so if winning the Cup doesn't mean your the best of them all - what does it mean ? …I have no interest in it - put on a B team...don't need to waste energy or risk injury on a bit of fun….imho.

Seriously guys this is the FA Cup!..I put £20.00 on us to win 2-0 straight after the draw was announced at 120-1 and I still think this is realistic…A tired Citeh, a fired up Burnley suffering a whole host of recent injustices with nearly 8000 fans singing their whatsits off…I'll probably book a cruise on Sunday with the winnings!

City will probably rest a couple and they have a few injury problems so I would put out our strongest team.Even if we lose it will have been a good test for them
Since promotion we've played away to the big six 11 times. We've lost 3-0 at Chelsea and City, of the other 9 we've won 1, drawn 4 and lost just 4, and all those 4 defeats by just 1 goal. I don't expect us to win, I'd be very happy with a draw, but if City think they're going to have it all their own way, they could be in for a bit of a surprise.

I would play a team passed on under 23 and 18's…We don't want any injuries or bookings against our first 11…A game I don't even want us to try to win…Premier position is much more lucrative at 4 million per position.

as full strength as possible…7600 away fans and probable wholesale changes from city, we can spring a surprise…the title is out of our reach now so top half and a decent cup run would be an excellent season

We can't risk any first teamers where we have no cover

Safe in the league- Cup is the priority now. Full strength team please, Sean
let's get into Europe by winning the thing ourselves rather than hoping a team who finishes above us does so we can sneak in the back door

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: A little bit of FA Cup chat

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Cheers CM.

Really poor effort from the Burnley lot. I for one don't get the "play the reserves, it's only the cup" mentality. Burnley are safe from relegation for another season. The game is about glory and big games. Well, they don't get much bigger than an FA cup final at Wembley.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Cheers CM

CuteMancs wrote:Since promotion we've played away to the big six 11 times. We've lost 3-0 at Chelsea and City, of the other 9 we've won 1, drawn 4 and lost just 4, and all those 4 defeats by just 1 goal. I don't expect us to win, I'd be very happy with a draw, but if City think they're going to have it all their own way, they could be in for a bit of a surprise.

That's possibly the most optimistic way anyone could have written "We've won one out of eleven." ever.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Cheers CM

CuteMancs wrote:Since promotion we've played away to the big six 11 times. We've lost 3-0 at Chelsea and City, of the other 9 we've won 1, drawn 4 and lost just 4, and all those 4 defeats by just 1 goal. I don't expect us to win, I'd be very happy with a draw, but if City think they're going to have it all their own way, they could be in for a bit of a surprise.

That's possibly the most optimistic way anyone could have written "We've won one out of eleven." ever.

Haha that’s exactly what I thought
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum