****City v Burnley FA Cup Official Match Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Burnley FA Cup Official Match Thread****

Postby sandman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 pm

City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Just on my way back from the game with my boy. Got to see the players off the bus (thanks WW) and had a great day. Both buzzing.

However, our crowd is terrible. Club really needs to get the cheerers in the same section. Burnley crowd were great all game and completely out sung us, even at 4-1.

Funny reading the thread back, I know it's a match thread but come on guys. Sergio is the man. Don't doubt him.

Comment of the thread from Carl :lol:

I dont care whatever anyone else says , hes nowhere near the player he was.

Our crowd is terrible ???
Do us all a favour and don't bother coming again for a day out or even better try the Euston to Old Trafford shuttle , right up your street !

Was a fucking library mate. Don't moan at me for pointing out the obvious.

So you have a day out then slag the city faithful off for not going crazy during a low key FA cup game ? Burnley fans were having a day out aswell it was there cup final , City on the other hand are fighting on four fronts , without going into too much detail city fans are class they know when to up the anti when the BIG GAMES come along , I know it might be a tad difficult for the average day tripper to understand as they are usually taking pictures and being star struck and stuff and not watching the match . Away fan allocation of 7500 is standard for the FA cup that why they get all giddy as fuck , us city fans just laugh and mock them in typical Mancunian banter fashion , we don't get all giddy ! Try a derby or any of Arsenal , Spurs and Dippers at home for atmosphere ,Real Madrid , Barcelona , Bayern Munich and Juventus ...............
Burnley at home and your slagging the faithful off ???
Safe journey home to London btw glad you and your lad had a great day out .

Our atmospheres are nearly always pathetic and have been pretty much since leaving Maine Road, I would blame the design of stadium if it wasnt for the fact that we hear dozens of away supports every season come and out sing us despite being out numbered about ten to one.

And I'm not a day tripper, I am a local, a regular and a realist!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby sandman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Even in big games our atmosphere is usually gash in comparison with a lot of other clubs.
sandman

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Chinners wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Where's Beefy with the man of the match poll?

Sorry pal, not long back from Manchester, bit of a trek there and back in 7 hours. Dropped the mother-in-law off though, oh I'll miss her ;-)

Can't wait for MotD, surely we'll be one of the first up.

or just watch this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42519596

Fuck me, never noticed that!

Cheers bud, I take it, it's just for FA Cup games, not the PL?

Yep only the FA cup

Ta' pal, thought I'd not seen it before. Good to know though.

We're up!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Enjoyed that. Showed 2 shots from Burnley from first half and then moved onto the second which was the complete opposite.

I'm assuming there's no complaints about Gundogwon and Bernardo tonight; maybe Aguero?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Sean douche moaning that their player wasn't ten yards back when we took the freekick is hilarious. Does he realise what he is saying.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:04 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Sean douche moaning that their player wasn't ten yards back when we took the freekick is hilarious. Does he realise what he is saying.

He focuses on excuses rather than saying just 'Well done' to the oppo. He had a lot to say after the last game and is a very sore loser. That one excuse obviously excused the other 3 goals.

Wanker!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Sean douche moaning that their player wasn't ten yards back when we took the freekick is hilarious. Does he realise what he is saying.

He focuses on excuses rather than saying just 'Well done' to the oppo. He had a lot to say after the last game and is a very sore loser. That one excuse obviously excused the other 3 goals.

Wanker!

Next time we will set up and wait for him to signal they are ready, perhaps he can even whistle. Not like it was his team kicking our players or anything.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:10 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Wanker!

Next time we will set up and wait for him to signal they are ready, perhaps he can even whistle. Not like it was his team kicking our players or anything.

It's just the usual bollox. Always the same with British managers, probably all managers, that they cannot be gracious in defeat, it's like an affront to them.

His tactics would be a perfect fit for the Rags. He'd out-Maureen Maureen!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:13 pm

He’s just a modern day Allardyce
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 pm

sandman wrote:Even in big games our atmosphere is usually gash in comparison with a lot of other clubs.

Been brilliant where I am this season 121 next to the standing section , maybe you need to move ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Wanker!

It's just the usual bollox. Always the same with British managers, probably all managers, that they cannot be gracious in defeat, it's like an affront to them.

I don't think British managers are the worst, not while whining Wenger and moaning Mo are around.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:42 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Wanker!

I don't think British managers are the worst, not while whining Wenger and moaning Mo are around.

They are more British managers than British managers, the cunts!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 pm

RE Managers ........ huge spat breaking out between Mourinho and Conte tonight , calls for LMA mediation after Mourinho accused Conte of match fixing !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:03 am

City64 wrote:RE Managers ........ huge spat breaking out between Mourinho and Conte tonight , calls for LMA mediation after Mourinho accused Conte of match fixing !

Aye pal, discussing in Maureen's Latest Outburst thread. What a complete fucktard!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:07 am

What did Pep change or do to bring about the change or did it just happen? They just seemed more at it and I can't believe that was just a bit of extra effort
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 am

City64 wrote:RE Managers ........ huge spat breaking out between Mourinho and Conte tonight , calls for LMA mediation after Mourinho accused Conte of match fixing !

Is LMA laugh my Assov ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sandman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:27 am

City64 wrote:
sandman wrote:Even in big games our atmosphere is usually gash in comparison with a lot of other clubs.

Been brilliant where I am this season 121 next to the standing section , maybe you need to move ?

I'm 117, further into the standing section and closer to the away support. I think I stand in the best spot for atmosphere but still its not brilliant and often bested by away teams.

There is often singing for about 10 mins around kick off then long quiet periods of nothing where we may sing after a goal for two mins and the come 80 mins loads of wankers start walking out and don't stay to applaud our victors.

In fact come 93 mins I am often one of about 3 left in my entire row of seats.

Our fans are just not good enough, I am not part of the problem.
sandman

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:31 am

That’s exactly the same for EVERY ground in the country. My mates a Liverpool fan and he said it’s dead these days at their place. Arsenal you can see how quiet it is when they play every time on TV. I’ve seen with my own eyes at OT how bad the rags fans are now.

It’s not just our fans. Let’s stop making it out as if we’re the only ones. It’s shit everywhere these days and there’s loads of reasons for that - ticket prices probably being one of many.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:26 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well the draws have been kind to us this season, so who will we get in the next round??

Surely you mean fixed in our favour?

You were absolutely 100% convinced the draw was fixed against us. So the options are:

a) It's now fixed in our favour
b) Suddenly the draw has stopped being fixed
c) There's some really complex system whereby the draw is fixed for some teams and not others
d) You were wrong and/or paranoid

I'd really be interested to know which of these you believe it is with the benefit of hindsight.

Sure thing.

What I'll need from you first is the post where I said the draw is fixed against us.

And we can take it from there.

Otherwise, the options are:

A) You were completely wrong
B) please see A

Ok..... go!

I'll wait for our very own king of the search function to draw up a montage. In many ways, it'll be even sweeter.

How's the montage coming along?
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal