****City v Burnley FA Cup Official Match Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

****City v Burnley FA Cup Official Match Thread****

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 am

Lets get back to the football eh ? Burnley are a very well organised team this season and Sean Dyche has done a fantastic job with the resources available and they play good football , going to be a tough game this one for me I think although Dyche has hinted at rotating his Burnley team due to the fact that Man City,s 2nd team is as good as most PL sides (his words). Straight talker is Dyche I like him and I think he will manage a very big PL club in the future . Everything in the last few days coming out of the City camp points to Pep going with a strong team even with the Carabao Cup Semi Final looming on Tuesday night . A rare day off not going to the game for me today , all those going have a great day and a few beers :D :D

Possible team , Bravo , Walker , Stones , Mangala , Danilo , Gundogan , Bernado Silva , Yaya, David Silva , Sane , Aguero.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ****City v Burnley FA Cup Official Match Thread****

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Takes a brave man to guess the team on this one
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:04 pm

City64 wrote:Possible team , Bravo , Walker , Stones , Mangala , Danilo , Gundogan , Bernado Silva , Yaya, David Silva , Sane , Aguero.

I'd go with that, except Silva and Yaya. According to reports, Silva's in Spain (unless I've missed some update on this), and Yaya can't manage 90, in my opinion. He might start and be subbed at 60, I suppose.

Interested to see what the bench will be like for this - will Pep be looking to bolster the team if we're not coping, or will he fill it with youth to give them some game time if possible?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:15 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
City64 wrote:Possible team , Bravo , Walker , Stones , Mangala , Danilo , Gundogan , Bernado Silva , Yaya, David Silva , Sane , Aguero.

I'd go with that, except Silva and Yaya. According to reports, Silva's in Spain (unless I've missed some update on this), and Yaya can't manage 90, in my opinion. He might start and be subbed at 60, I suppose.

Interested to see what the bench will be like for this - will Pep be looking to bolster the team if we're not coping, or will he fill it with youth to give them some game time if possible?

It was reported that Silva was in Spain but he did return and trained yesterday.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:38 pm

City64 wrote:Lets get back to the football eh ? Burnley are a very well organised team this season and Sean Dyche has done a fantastic job with the resources available and they play good football , going to be a tough game this one for me I think although Dyche has hinted at rotating his Burnley team due to the fact that Man City,s 2nd team is as good as most PL sides (his words). Straight talker is Dyche I like him and I think he will manage a very big PL club in the future . Everything in the last few days coming out of the City camp points to Pep going with a strong team even with the Carabao Cup Semi Final looming on Tuesday night . A rare day off not going to the game for me today , all those going have a great day and a few beers :D :D

Possible team , Bravo , Walker , Stones , Mangala , Danilo , Gundogan , Bernado Silva , Yaya, David Silva , Sane , Aguero.

I’m dissapointed! i always look forward to your beery news updates live from the city centre building up to the game . What will it be today ? bleedin’ Racing from Newbury 2.15 , “back after the break “ ? put the kettle on , or is the fridge stocked up?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:11 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:Lets get back to the football eh ? Burnley are a very well organised team this season and Sean Dyche has done a fantastic job with the resources available and they play good football , going to be a tough game this one for me I think although Dyche has hinted at rotating his Burnley team due to the fact that Man City,s 2nd team is as good as most PL sides (his words). Straight talker is Dyche I like him and I think he will manage a very big PL club in the future . Everything in the last few days coming out of the City camp points to Pep going with a strong team even with the Carabao Cup Semi Final looming on Tuesday night . A rare day off not going to the game for me today , all those going have a great day and a few beers :D :D

I’m dissapointed! i always look forward to your beery news updates live from the city centre building up to the game . What will it be today ? bleedin’ Racing from Newbury 2.15 , “back after the break “ ? put the kettle on , or is the fridge stocked up?

If we had been given a bit more notice I could have stood in for 64. Not sure how long I would have lasted but I would have tried.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:38 pm

zuricity wrote:

You know me so well pal :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:40 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
zuricity wrote:

If we had been given a bit more notice I could have stood in for 64. Not sure how long I would have lasted but I would have tried.

Good lad , train ride home is the difficult thing .Always manage it somehow though ? :shock: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Make a prediction on Dyche 64. How “very big” do you think he can go?

For me he’s got maybe a West Brom, a Leeds or a Villa, but I don’t think he’ll go further than that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:47 pm

dazby wrote:

For me he’s got maybe a West Brom, a Leeds or a Villa, but I don’t think he’ll go further than that.

He is the no nonsense man who isnt a Yes man that England need. He strikes me as a mans man who gets the best out of people who can adapt to changing environments
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:01 pm

CITY XI | Bravo, Danilo, Otamendi, Stones, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, D Silva (c), Sane, Sterling, Aguero

SUBS | Ederson, Walker, Mangala, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Bernardo, Diaz #cityvburnley
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 pm

A strong team. Should be capable of a win. Don’t want a replay.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Went to the match on Tuesday. Silva and Sane were a terrific combination down the left.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
dazby wrote:

He is the no nonsense man who isnt a Yes man that England need. He strikes me as a mans man who gets the best out of people who can adapt to changing environments

Agree with notts . I maybe wrong but word is Dyche turned down Everton recently so if true he is waiting for a really big one imho . The likes of WBA , Leeds and Villa are clubs that will be treading water for decades even Pulis cant hold onto a job there lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Kippax Sean » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Great starting line up. Hoping for a nice open clean game.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:27 pm

Surprised its such a strong lineup so soon after Watford.
But i guess most of these players wont start vs Bristol which gives them a break before Liverpool which is good
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:27 pm

Does anyone know if there will be rivers for this match?
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:29 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Does anyone know if there will be rivers for this match?

There will be. It's on Dutch telly.
Try hesgoal . com
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:31 pm

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
dazby wrote:

Agree with notts . I maybe wrong but word is Dyche turned down Everton recently so if true he is waiting for a really big one imho . The likes of WBA , Leeds and Villa are clubs that will be treading water for decades even Pulis cant hold onto a job there lol

As it happens, his assistant Ian Woan still lives in Nottingham and I see him around from time to time. I asked him if he would go to Everton and he replied that they had not had an approach from Everton. Whether he was bluffing I don't know, but he had no reason to tell a white lie. He has been with Dyche for years now so wherever Dyche goes, then Woan will follow.
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm

CTID Hants wrote:CITY XI | Bravo, Danilo, Otamendi, Stones, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, D Silva (c), Sane, Sterling, Aguero

SUBS | Ederson, Walker, Mangala, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Bernardo, Diaz #cityvburnley

Balls out then. Let's put this to bed nice and early and have a cigar on for the second half like Watford the other night
nottsblue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum