***mcfc v bcfc lc 1/2 final match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v bcfc lc 1/2 final match thread***

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:What a load of wet the beds... we'll probably win 3-1.

That'll do. You can all climb down off the ceiling now.

If it had ended 3-1i would have booked my flight for the final right away. As it stands now I'm far from confident and will wait until the return leg.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 pm

We were shit. Bristol were fucking brilliant. Some of their short passing in congested areas was like us at our best. We'll get over this, we were crap but bristol were the best team we've played all season for me Clive.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:I know I shouldn't but I do feel a little bit for Bristol. To be fair they gave it their all and you could see the disappointment in them. Fair play to them, they didn't park the bus and showed more intent than a lot of PL sides. They certainly didn't disgrace themselves and we have a tough game at their place in a couple of weeks

gave us a better game than the rags and more than 1/2 the PL teams we've faced. But we created enough chances to win 3 games, our final pass or shot was just atrocious for 95% of the game.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zabbadabbado » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Well done Sergio. He really did pull us right out the shit. :D

After thoughts.We are not going to keep getting away with starting games with Bravo, YaYa, Mangala all are fucking awful. The opposition always have a chance its like Keystone Cops in defence. Stones stunningly good performances all came with Edderson in net. YaYa….If he were a Race Horse it would be more humane to take him round the back of the stadium give him a bowl of food to distract him and finish him off.

Hopefully we will have Alexis and Johnny “fucking” Evans for the return Leg.And break with protocol and start with Edderson
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:47 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:We were shit. Bristol were fucking brilliant. Some of their short passing in congested areas was like us at our best. We'll get over this, we were crap but bristol were the best team we've played all season for me Clive.

Wolves were great too. Funny that both are from the Championship.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:What a load of wet the beds... we'll probably win 3-1.

That'll do. You can all climb down off the ceiling now.

If it had ended 3-1i would have booked my flight for the final right away. As it stands now I'm far from confident and will wait until the return leg.

Fair enough. I think we'll be ok bearing in mind we've lost once in about 9 months.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 pm

mr_nool wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:We were shit. Bristol were fucking brilliant. Some of their short passing in congested areas was like us at our best. We'll get over this, we were crap but bristol were the best team we've played all season for me Clive.

Wolves were great too. Funny that both are from the Championship.

Aye fair point, honestly forgot about them.

2 championship teams giving us a game of football. Puts those premier league park the bus wankers to shame.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dub City » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:I’d drop Yaya for the next leg

I’d release him now.

Next flight to New York. Much better off giving youth a chance

Have to agree. He could probably still control games over there but the legs are just not willing or able for this level anymore.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby edge275 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 pm

So, who's on the hit list for tonight's abuse?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 pm

I’m sorry to say, I wouldn’t play him again unless all the squad came down with a debilitating virus at the same time and we had absolutely nobody else.

Even then I’d see far more merit in playing a kid instead.

He’s been absolutely fabulous for us, but it’s all in the past. You can’t blame him alone for the lethargy, but he’s a liability in the system we play now.
He’s not part of our future, promote a youngster instead.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:53 pm

In many ways it was like stepping back to last season.

Full backs who aren't at the required level to start together, playing alongside bravo and mangala, neither of which are good enough to play the most vital part of pep's system.

The confidence and movement starts at the back and when that doesn't happen, it affects the rest of our play.

The balance up front was all wrong to begin with too and it may have been a nod to the board to get Sanchez in asap.

All in all, we'll take it, but it's a pity we'll have to go as close to full strength as possible for the next leg
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:53 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I’m sorry to say, I wouldn’t play him again unless all the squad came down with a debilitating virus at the same time and we had absolutely nobody else.

He’s been absolutely fabulous for us, but it’s all in the past. You can’t blame him alone for the lethargy, but he’s a liability in the system we play now.

a retired stephen gerrard would have been better tonight
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bigblue » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Fair play but Lazio and Shaktar were miles better than Bristol. We just had shockingly bad decision making, defending, finishing, and just about everything else. But we got the win so I'll smile
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Spot on!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I wouldn’t know about that now Ted !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Alfie » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Mangala unfortunately looks like he's been given a really hard short pass, on every pass.
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Wow how low key was that for a semi final ? Pep goes full strength with Ederson , Otta and Merlin we absolute destroy them at Ashton Gate as they will try to come at us like tonight . Mangala , Gundogan and at times Danilo were a fucking embarrassment tonight and another couple of howlers from Stones , we got away with it though just ! Credit to Bristol City for trying to play football , a lot of PL teams should be embarrassed with themselves after watching that and turning up just to park the bus damage limitation bullshit . Lastly how on earth do the FA expect ordinary fans to cope with FA cup tickets and League cup semi final tickets and travelling costs etc just days after each other just after huge expense with Christmas ??? yeah tickets were heavily discounted tonight but get fucking real the FA !!!

Anyways onwards and upwards huge weekend ahead CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 pm

arsenal and west brom will be rubbing there hands now, evens will be 40 mil and sanch will be 55 mil because they know we need them
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:03 pm

City64 wrote:Wow how low key was that for a semi final ? Pep goes full strength with Ederson , Otta and Merlin we absolute destroy them at Ashton Gate as they will try to come at us like tonight . Mangala , Gundogan and at times Danilo were a fucking embarrassment tonight and another couple of howlers from Stones , we got away with it though just ! Credit to Bristol City for trying to play football , a lot of PL teams should be embarrassed with themselves after watching that and turning up just to park the bus damage limitation bullshit . Lastly how on earth do the FA expect ordinary fans to cope with FA cup tickets and League cup semi final tickets and travelling costs etc just days after each other just after huge expense with Christmas ??? yeah tickets were heavily discounted tonight but get fucking real the FA !!!

Anyways onwards and upwards huge weekend ahead CTID

The FA don't set ticket prices ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Totally understandable display considering the players on show. Nonout and out striker, no enforcer and no real trust between partners. I'm amazed we came away with a win!

Big well done to Bristol City though, you can see why they've beat so many PL teams to get this far. Well done to them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum