***lfc v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***lfc v mcfc official match thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We are seriously missing Dave.

he was on the fucking bench

What's the fucking bench?
Where can I get one?

It's something the wife wouldnt approve of :) :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Dub City wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Dub City wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Liverpool were the better side.
Delph is going to be a big miss , Danilo is crap.
Stones, 3 Games , 3 Mistakes , 3 Goals , needs to wake up.

I think we need a left back in now if Delph is out for any period of time. No confidence in Danilo especially on left. Cover at left allows Delph when fir to also fill in for Fernandinho centrally.

I thought Danny Lowe actually done ok against salah. One of his better showings.

Was seriously pissed off second goal should be busting his balls try get a clearance stands and watches it trickle in off post even if can’t get it you don’t give up like that

I don't think he thought it was going in. I had a lot of curl on it, and initially looked like it was going wide.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 pm

I thought it was a hard match but given a few more minutes it would have been a draw they showed such a lot of fight till the bitter end, The unbeaten run is off our back and sterling never plays well there but does everywhere else, let them have their delusions we’ll win the league at a canter.
Cheer up blues CTID
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Dub City wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Dub City wrote:
failsworthblue wrote:Liverpool were the better side.
Delph is going to be a big miss , Danilo is crap.
Stones, 3 Games , 3 Mistakes , 3 Goals , needs to wake up.

I think we need a left back in now if Delph is out for any period of time. No confidence in Danilo especially on left. Cover at left allows Delph when fir to also fill in for Fernandinho centrally.

I thought Danny Lowe actually done ok against salah. One of his better showings.

Was seriously pissed off second goal should be busting his balls try get a clearance stands and watches it trickle in off post even if can’t get it you don’t give up like that

I don't think he thought it was going in. I had a lot of curl on it, and initially looked like it was going wide.

I thought the same myself mate.

It could have been blocked I think.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:35 pm

At the start of the season I didn’t expect us to go on this unbeaten run and look so good. So I’m still buzzing about where we are. We’re offcially the best team out of the major leagues in Europe!

We’ve lost this one but fuck it, at the end of the season as long as we’re lifting that trophy I don’t care about today.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Mase wrote:At the start of the season I didn’t expect us to go on this unbeaten run and look so good. So I’m still buzzing about where we are. We’re offcially the best team out of the major leagues in Europe!

We’ve lost this one but fuck it, at the end of the season as long as we’re lifting that trophy I don’t care about today.

As someone else said, we seem to be turning into the rags, and that was scouse 1's cup final.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm

We didnt match the scousers intensity and so let them put us off. All our problems arose from that in my view.

Individual errors were a part of that.. caused by that if you like.

Learn and move on, this doesn't stop us winning trophies.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Although it’s a shame it was against Liverpool, I’m ok that we lost a game. The mental pressure to go unbeaten would have built and built and worn us down for other competitions. Absolutely nothing to worry about, the winning helps close the gap with the other 5 below us so more chance of scum feeling the pressure.

We aren’t going to lose 5 games in the league and the rest aren’t going to win every game they have left so it’s all fine.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Sergio and Sterling had mares. Ederson made a mistake. Smash the geordies, move on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Crossie wrote:Although it’s a shame it was against Liverpool, I’m ok that we lost a game. The mental pressure to go unbeaten would have built and built and worn us down for other competitions. Absolutely nothing to worry about, the winning helps close the gap with the other 5 below us so more chance of scum feeling the pressure.

We aren’t going to lose 5 games in the league and the rest aren’t going to win every game they have left so it’s all fine.

My thoughts on reflection as well. Still pissed it was the dippers though
nottsblue

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Defending was fucking shocking. That 15 minute spell really did feel like total capitulation. I was worried we were going to be on the end of a 5,6, goal mauling. In the end 4-3 defeat is actually not that bad considering.

Aguero consistently shit performances, are the reason we were seriously considering letting The Arse and Sanchez agent rob us. We dominated possession again today, except in the penalty Box, when we get in to the opposition Penalty Box it consistently all goes tits up. Has been a common theme all season, interesting our wins away at Top 6 sides Aguero has not played in. He wouldn’t have played today, had Jesus been fit. That free kick from KDB in the last minute, if he had left it we might have scored. Why bother intercepting such a beautiful cross when you are not best positioned. Instead he threw his fucking Head at it.

I don’t think Liverpool were that good either, 4 goals were all errors . If David Silva had started instead of Gundogan who is slow as fuck, we win today, those dislocated Knees and popped ligaments have taken their toll on him, he is a good footballer with no pace. Fernandinho was over exposed.

I thought Bernado Silva was decent when he came on,I hope that’s a start of things to come.

We have had an amazing run. We learn from it and move on.

We badly need reinforcements up front, it’s a sad fact we really do have to face.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Crossie wrote:Although it’s a shame it was against Liverpool, I’m ok that we lost a game. The mental pressure to go unbeaten would have built and built and worn us down for other competitions. Absolutely nothing to worry about, the winning helps close the gap with the other 5 below us so more chance of scum feeling the pressure.

Amen
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Fucking hell MSM really going over board, stay away from News Sites. There will be some Dicks covered in blisters by morning. :roll: :roll:

I didn’t even think Liverpool were that Good ?.I didn’t see anything on display today that I have not seen the last 2 seasons under Klopp at Liverpool. “Kick and Rush” Charge of the Light Brigade Football (our Kryptonite).

I am more annoyed we wasn’t prepared for it (Yet again), how many more times we going to be unprepared for it, I didn’t see a Football master class from the scousers ”we dominated possession”. Without our criminally incompetent defending they wouldn’t be talking about winning titles off the back of that one game.

Not arsed about the result, we were going to lose one day. It’s losing to these self entitled, Candle waiving twats that’s more annoying. They will probably have a Cup built to commemorate this game. :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:They will probably have a Cup built to commemorate this game. :lol: :lol:

They already have!

Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm

I wonder will we get them in the latter stages of the champions league. Wouldn't that be interesting.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm

sheblue wrote:I wonder will we get them in the latter stages of the champions league. Wouldn't that be interesting.

will be happy if we beat them 8-4 as we have in the league
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
sheblue wrote:I wonder will we get them in the latter stages of the champions league. Wouldn't that be interesting.

I hope we do get them. We are very unlikely to make the same in-game school boy errors again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Chinners wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:They will probably have a Cup built to commemorate this game. :lol: :lol:

They already have!

And here's them parading it last night

patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I hope we do get them. We are very unlikely to make the same in-game school boy errors again.

I dont. I wouldnt like to face them in a two legged cup tie. They seem to have a lot of luck in cup competitions. Sooner face Rags or spuds or Chelsea out of the English teams and sooner face Madrid to be honest
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:

They already have!

And here's them parading it last night

It's a surprise the bus wasn't stolen or, at the very least, the wheels removed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum