Has Carl landed yet?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Has Carl landed yet?

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 pm

We'll have to leave it up to Carl.

It's his thread after all :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:58 pm

It’s a nailed on foul and one that was given about 15-20 seconds before this when Aguero did the exact same fucking thing. Sadly we played like wankers and got beat, but make no mistake that referee gave us fuck all.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Of course it was a foul, Stones was weak though, it's like the two against Mangala when we played Wolves, clear fouls but a centre back should expect and be able to stand up to that type of challenges and not depend on a ref.

This is what Marriner did all game long, these type of fouls were given in Liverpool's favour but not ours, a classic homer, he let the Anfield crowd dictate.

Put it this way, if Aguero did it to Lovren what outcome would you expect?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:02 pm

I hold Carl personally responsible for the loss. "On a plane." Disgraceful.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Of course it was a foul, Stones was weak though, it's like the two against Mangala when we played Wolves, clear fouls but a centre back should expect and be able to stand up to that type of challenges and not depend on a ref.

This is what Marriner did all game long, these type of fouls were given in Liverpool's favour but not ours, a classic homer, he let the Anfield crowd dictate.

Put it this way, if Aguero did it to Lovren what outcome would you expect?

Seems very whiny and whingey but I have to say it’s how I saw things too.
Our weakness aside I thought the ref was a cock.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:05 pm

dazby wrote:I hold Carl personally responsible for the loss. "On a plane." Disgraceful.

This
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 am

It was a fucking foul and was clear as fucking day !!
I’m gutted , fucking gutted .

Antigua is full of munchen fans - it’s fucking shit and I’m going to bed .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm

John Stones knows...

From The MEN:

Firmino clearly shoved his forearm into Stones back as the pair tussled for possession outside the box, before taking the ball and chipping it past Ederson.

He reflected on that moment as a mistake on his behalf – and it was quickly compounded by errors from Ederson and Nicolas Otamendi which made it 4-1.

Roberto Firmino's goal sparked a mad spell of three goals in ten minutes at Liverpool

Said Stones: “Sometimes it’s so difficult to stop it. It’s one of those things where you’ve got to catch it in the moment and there’s a lot of things we could’ve done better.

“If I go down, maybe it’s a free kick. I tried to be honest and stay on my feet and the referee’s not given a free kick."
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 pm

He's not going to say 'I got knocked off the ball far too easily' is he. I like Stones and hope to see him recapture his earlier form and that will happen the more he plays.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 am

Chinners wrote:He's not going to say 'I got knocked off the ball far too easily' is he. I like Stones and hope to see him recapture his earlier form and that will happen the more he plays.

No, he's not.

But he could say nothing. Instead he addressed the issue and what was a clear shove in the back.

There's little doubt in my mind, had he gone down like a more experienced defender would have, the referee would have had no choice but to blow the whistle.

Man City player John Stones admits his honesty against Liverpool may have cost the Invincibles tag

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/f ... s-14188495
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 am

Watch on youtube.com

Go to 8.15 on this and you'll clearly see a fairly hefty shove in the back. It's not that far off the ref's angle either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Go to 8.15 on this and you'll clearly see a fairly hefty shove in the back. It's not that far off the ref's angle either.

Well that's conclusive. Cheers mate.

It didn't lose us the game on it's own, but that should never make us discount incidents like that.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 am

This is where incompetence from referees leads to cheating imo, look at what Stones has said, his honesty has cost him. The lesson here is if you feel someone hitting you from behind then you should throw yourself because you can't rely on the ref giving you your free if you don't exaggerate the impact.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:This is where incompetence from referees leads to cheating imo, look at what Stones has said, his honesty has cost him. The lesson here is if you feel someone hitting you from behind then you should throw yourself because you can't rely on the ref giving you your free if you don't exaggerate the impact.

I can't ever see that being eradicated unfortunately but if the diving with little or no contact can be cut out, I'll be happy enough .

It's just that with incidents like this one, we have our own player being called "shit" and "piss poor" for staying on his feet.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 am

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:This is where incompetence from referees leads to cheating imo, look at what Stones has said, his honesty has cost him. The lesson here is if you feel someone hitting you from behind then you should throw yourself because you can't rely on the ref giving you your free if you don't exaggerate the impact.

I can't ever see that being eradicated unfortunately but if the diving with little or no contact can be cut out, I'll be happy enough .

It's just that with incidents like this one, we have our own player being called "shit" and "piss poor" for staying on his feet.

And the other side of the coin is Sterling is knocked off balance for the penalty against Newcastle because he is too quick for the defender, who basically falls down his back and Rafa can’t help himself. He calls it a soft penalty.
What is that?
A soft penalty, implying that yes it’s a penalty but Raheem went down easy and could have stayed on his feet.

1. I don’t believe he could have.
2. If he had tried he would have been severely disadvantaged from the position he had worked so hard to put himself into.

The soft penalty remark is one easily thrown in without any qualification. All managers do it but this is a subtle way of undermining Raheem in particular.

Some players just can’t win. A lot seem to be ours.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum