What have we learnt from today?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What have we learnt from today?

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 pm

Sister of fu wrote:That City players didn’t realise that there would be a caldron of an atmosphere at Anfield. How the fuck do they not know this. That’s pissed me off no end.

Just read the mUen and thought the same thing myself . They wanna be frightened of the Klanfield mob . Ffs try walking out of the place .
Hey lah got the right time lah
Pissed me off as well
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Aguero's time is up and we should sell him in the summer.

Danilo has been underwhelming and we should look at an upgrade in the summer.

We should replace Kidd with Maradona (after Aguero has been sold).

Sterling is definitely affected playing at Anfield and he shouldn't be on the pitch with that being the case.

Our dodgy defence is masked by how much possession we usually have. Otamendi still isn't good enough. Stones needs to cut the individual errors if he ever wants to be considered world class.

We NEED another striker. I like the idea of Sanchez, but I worry his wages might cause a shockwave through the rest of the team. See Zabbadabbado's awesome post about it somewhere.

I liked the fighting spirit and 'never say die' attitude, but 5 minutes of madness and ridiculously stupid individual errors cost us.

I'd love it if we bought Salah off the scousers.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby johnnyondioline » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:28 pm

My big concern for this season is getting the dippers in the CL.

I despise them as much as anyone, but they do create an atmosphere that I have to go back to Maine rd & our inglorious Year’s to match it. And it pains me to even write that out. Liverpool is a grim place (as are parts of mcr tbf but not to the feral level that seems imprinted in the scouse psyche) & their team at a lowest common denominator of life level is all they have. But the fuckers know it works & that the hostile atmosphere will influence the outcome.

We’ve conquered the rags. There’s no atmosphere there anymore. I’d like to beat arse chelseA& spurs away more regularly, but I can’t stop fearing anfield more than anywhere else.

I love Pep and have almost total faith in the guy. I also thought we were much better than it looked & I doubt Liverpool will put that much effort in again this season.... until the second leg of the CL quarter or semi final against us.
I hope he has a plan for that
johnnyondioline
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Never mind what we’ve learnt. What has Pep learnt. That’s more important.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 pm

johnnyondioline wrote:My big concern for this season is getting the dippers in the CL.

I despise them as much as anyone, but they do create an atmosphere that I have to go back to Maine rd & our inglorious Year’s to match it. And it pains me to even write that out. Liverpool is a grim place (as are parts of mcr tbf but not to the feral level that seems imprinted in the scouse psyche) & their team at a lowest common denominator of life level is all they have. But the fuckers know it works & that the hostile atmosphere will influence the outcome.

We’ve conquered the rags. There’s no atmosphere there anymore. I’d like to beat arse chelseA& spurs away more regularly, but I can’t stop fearing anfield more than anywhere else.

I love Pep and have almost total faith in the guy. I also thought we were much better than it looked & I doubt Liverpool will put that much effort in again this season.... until the second leg of the CL quarter or semi final against us.

Thats quite a nervy point you make there ... shyte
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 pm

we learned that aguero is past it or not arsed anymore. either way get rid. im fucking over it.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnnyondioline » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Chinners wrote:
johnnyondioline wrote:My big concern for this season is getting the dippers in the CL.

Thats quite a nervy point you make there ... shyte

A 1-0 win in the first leg might be a result!
johnnyondioline
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Talk about over reaction ! get a grip yer mardarses.

Any normal ref would have blown for a foul on the defender for their second .

After that a couple of defensive errors , but the team still played with confidence , just a little too late .

Nobody expects to win all games , it won’t always be the case even if we pummel teams.

15 points ahead still and a weeks rest before the next game.

We’ll be ok
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 pm

I have also learnt, as Radio5Live keep reminding me, that Liverpool are the first team to beat us domestically this season. I've just checked the calendar and it's not late September 2017 but mid January 2018!!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby dazby » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm

That next time we play there Raheem needs to come off the bench.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Kippax Sean » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 pm

that could be a blessing in disguise and give us a reality check. Come back more determined than ever and go on and have one of the best seasons in our history.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 pm

dazby wrote:That next time we play there Raheem needs to come off the bench.
Sterling has to overcome the mental fragility he appears to be afflicted with.

It has become a vicious circle for him now.

I think Guardiola thought it would be good for Sterling confidence starting him, overcome his tormentors. Sterling walks on to the Klanfield pitch. The exact opposite happens, he visibly wilts, his confidence sucked away by the hostile baying mob. He goes hiding. When Guardiola subbed him in the second half he actually looked relieved. The crowd delighted, they won again.

I would definitely not start him in any Champions League away leg if we get that far. I would hope we decide to go for a bore draw in the away leg of a Champions League game. Sick off playing to their strengths in the away visit to Klanfield every season. We make them look good, when they are shit, they re just a glorified Leicester. Got to put up with listening how great they are now until they get turned over playing a side at the bottom of the League.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 am

We need to be calm.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dazby » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:12 am

Hazy2 wrote:We need to be calm.

Yes Hazy. The game had the potential to spiral out of control. But they collected their heads and got on with it. Very impressive.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 am

It’s funny you talk about Liverpool and effort, I can safely say Iv never seen them go after the rags like they do with us. Everton are the same.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:11 am

I think we will learn a lot. And a bit if pressure will be lifted.
It was a bad day we didn't play well and got beaten it happens it's football. it was good to see the character in the team coming back into it.
Just need to get back on the saddle and beat Newcastle.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 am

Personally the standout thing was we missed was 'a leader'. Yes we have great players BUT in that 8 minute spell we lacked someone, an on the field organiser, to keep us together. It became like keystone cops. 100mph and the game had gone. 3-1 could have been retrieved, but 4 as we know was a step too far.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 am

Sister of fu wrote:

It’s funny you talk about Liverpool and effort, I can safely say Iv never seen them go after the rags like they do with us. Everton are the same.

Yeah i dont get it, they will lose next week to swansea, it really is ther cup final every year. Its sickening
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:08 am

from yesterday it proves that we cannot play from the back all the time, Liverpool with there attacking players caused us to make errors at the back. other teams have pressed us as well but we have got the results against them because they havnt got the players pool have, Bristol city, Burnley Huddersfield which we should with our team be beating easy but they also pressed more then others. sometimes you need to get the ball upfield with 1 pass then 20 passes
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 am

stevefromdonny wrote:from yesterday it proves that we cannot play from the back all the time, Liverpool with there attacking players caused us to make errors at the back. other teams have pressed us as well but we have got the results against them because they havnt got the players pool have, Bristol city, Burnley Huddersfield which we should with our team be beating easy but they also pressed more then others. sometimes you need to get the ball upfield with 1 pass then 20 passes

Napoli and Spurs have the players, they tried it and failed. We have to stick with it, to go against your principles based on fucking up in one game will only serve to undermine the work that's been done so far and create doubt within the squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum