The watch at home on TV Crowd

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The watch at home on TV Crowd

Postby dazby » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:37 am

What match rituals do you have when City play? Do you dress up in full kit wanker gear? Do you wave a scarf? Do you have a standard goal celebration? Is there a particular drink that gets drunk during a game? Any food? Do you watch alone or with friends?

When I watch at home I will usually wear just one piece of City apparel. If I think we need a bit extra I'll wear a City scarf- but this is only for special occasions. You can't overdo that stuff. It's normally super late so no food.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: The watch at home on TV Crowd

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:01 am

dazby wrote:What match rituals do you have when City play? Do you dress up in full kit wanker gear? Do you wave a scarf? Do you have a standard goal celebration? Is there a particular drink that gets drunk during a game? Any food? Do you watch alone or with friends?

When I watch at home I will usually wear just one piece of City apparel. If I think we need a bit extra I'll wear a City scarf- but this is only for special occasions. You can't overdo that stuff. It's normally super late so no food.

Answers in order:

None.
No.
No.
No.
No. 4pm there is 1am here.
No. 4pm there is 1am here.
Alone. 4pm there is 1am here. 95% of the city is already in bed, not necessarily their own.
I wear what I've got on at the time. None of the rituals or lucky clothing items make the slightest difference whatsoever to the result or players' performance.

Sorry, Dazby mate, this is perhaps not what you were looking for. :)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:03 am

So so so very.....normal of you.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:36 am

Ok I’ll indulge you a bit.

If I’ve not been to bed yet for the early games I’ll drink whatever I’ve been on all night. Normally beer.

Early games I may snack but probably not, don’t like to leave room during play.

Late games I’ll brew up right before ko and sip that quietly while the street sleeps.

Always wear a city shirt for a game, it’s easy as I have 100 or more, but prefer to have one on for every game.

Goal celebrations depend on how important it is. Not city related but I woke the neighbors a week or two backwhen Leicester equalized against the scum. The 4th against a lower team will get a polite fist pump.

Also not so bad anymore now we are good, but when we were on the up every game made me nervous and I usually stood up during the game. I’m more relaxed now and can sit.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 am

No fucking wonder Sanchez said I will call you back. This the equivalent of a half scarf ffs.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Socrates » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 am

My rituals since I moved to Adelaide, well if the kick off is late evening I'm usually in The Bunker drinking beer with the supporters club but most games am at home and the ritual involves strong black coffee, lots of it, dashes to the toilet at half time and full time because I've drunk too much coffee then a wind down after the game then lying awake wishing I could get some sleep but I drank too much coffee. It also sometimes involves binge eating choccy biscuits or chocolate, especially if kick off is in the 2am-4am range. I don't dress up at home but will wear something with the badge on at the pub.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 am

Anyone do the full kit with shin pads? :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Socrates wrote:My rituals since I moved to Adelaide, well if the kick off is late evening I'm usually in The Bunker drinking beer with the supporters club but most games am at home and the ritual involves strong black coffee, lots of it, dashes to the toilet at half time and full time because I've drunk too much coffee then a wind down after the game then lying awake wishing I could get some sleep but I drank too much coffee. It also sometimes involves binge eating choccy biscuits or chocolate, especially if kick off is in the 2am-4am range. I don't dress up at home but will wear something with the badge on at the pub.

'Experts' in such matters are now saying that coffee can be 'good' for you, just as (dark) chocolate also has beneficial ingredients. :o :o :o :? :? :? :?

On that basis Socs, you're in danger of becoming a paragon of nutritional and gastronomic virtue.............
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Socrates » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Socrates wrote:My rituals since I moved to Adelaide, well if the kick off is late evening I'm usually in The Bunker drinking beer with the supporters club but most games am at home and the ritual involves strong black coffee, lots of it, dashes to the toilet at half time and full time because I've drunk too much coffee then a wind down after the game then lying awake wishing I could get some sleep but I drank too much coffee. It also sometimes involves binge eating choccy biscuits or chocolate, especially if kick off is in the 2am-4am range. I don't dress up at home but will wear something with the badge on at the pub.

'Experts' in such matters are now saying that coffee can be 'good' for you, just as (dark) chocolate also has beneficial ingredients. :o :o :o :? :? :? :?

On that basis Socs, you're in danger of becoming a paragon of nutritional and gastronomic virtue.............

If coffee was bad for you I'd have been in big trouble long ago :D
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:45 pm

I usually wear a City t-shirt on game days (I don't do replicas), but don't have any specific routines apart from that. It all depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I enjoy a beer or two, sometimes I have a brew.

I quite enjoy doing my ironing while watching football, but with City I usually only do it for dead rubber games. Don't want to forget the iron on the shirt if it gets too excited. Today I did my ironing during the first half of the Brighton - Chelsea game while sipping on a lager.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:I usually wear a City t-shirt on game days (I don't do replicas), but don't have any specific routines apart from that. It all depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I enjoy a beer or two, sometimes I have a brew.

I quite enjoy doing my ironing while watching football, but with City I usually only do it for dead rubber games. Don't want to forget the iron on the shirt if it gets too excited. Today I did my ironing during the first half of the Brighton - Chelsea game while sipping on a lager.

You're a better man than I am mr_nool; these days I can't be fussed ironing any of my clothes.

If anyone takes exception to my crumpled appearance, then that's their problem, not mine............it's good to be scruffy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Bought this year a new vintage shirt and put it first time at the B-mouth away game. I wear it every single game since, I think I will wash it at the end of the season

Also, I avoid watching us when we are on the telly and I prefere to do it online, but not in english or romanian (it brings bad luck), but only in spanish. Why? Because we won 90 % of the games when I watch it there.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm

PeterParker wrote:Bought this year a new vintage shirt and put it first time at the B-mouth away game. I wear it every single game since, I think I will wash it at the end of the season

Also, I avoid watching us when we are on the telly and I prefere to do it online, but not in english or romanian (it brings bad luck), but only in spanish. Why? Because we won 90 % of the games when I watch it there.

Do you speak Spanish PP ??

Given the original, loosely Latin starting points for both Romanian and Spanish, do you find it easy to understand ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Bought this year a new vintage shirt and put it first time at the B-mouth away game. I wear it every single game since, I think I will wash it at the end of the season

Do you speak Spanish PP ??

Given the original, loosely Latin starting points for both Romanian and Spanish, do you find it easy to understand ??

Yes, a bit.

Had the chance to study for 3 months in the 5th grade, then tried to get it from the books and when I did not understood a word, I searched it. Can get around speaking it. It helps being latin because I consider easier to asimilate, even if, italian and portuguese are more similiar to romanian.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I usually wear a City t-shirt on game days (I don't do replicas), but don't have any specific routines apart from that. It all depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I enjoy a beer or two, sometimes I have a brew.

You're a better man than I am mr_nool; these days I can't be fussed ironing any of my clothes.

If anyone takes exception to my crumpled appearance, then that's their problem, not mine............it's good to be scruffy :lol: :lol: :lol:

I only iron shirts, but I got quite a lot of them...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bear60 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:41 pm

I used to have ritual when I had my season ticket . Now I watch at home in a room on my own and text an old mate of mine from South Wales who has followed City since 1968 the same as me . We are in constant touch with each other throughout all the games
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm

I have a pair of Shaun Goater,s city socks , I wont go into too much detail as some igloo dwelling admin cunt off here took offense . They are clean , red ones from our red and black away kit when Joe Royal was manager . I ran on the pitch at Ewood Park spur of the moment thing , fucking epic CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

I am not a superstitious person. However, for some reason I have worn the same city Polo T-SHIRT for every game I have attended home and away this season. I will continue to do so until we get beat. Never done this before, but I reckon it's all down to my t-shirt and nothing to do with Pep :geek:
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I am not a superstitious person. However, for some reason I have worn the same city Polo T-SHIRT for every game I have attended home and away this season. I will continue to do so until we get beat. Never done this before, but I reckon it's all down to my t-shirt and nothing to do with Pep :geek:

Has no-one told you mate?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Woodyblue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Ok. I’m an sc holder so Away games only. An hour before the game I begin to pace up and down. My missus goes out as she can’t fathom out why I get so worked up. I sit on the corner of the settee with a brew but invariably start jumping up and down as the match starts or sometimes before if I don’t agree with the pundits. My dog very quickly disappears upstairs cause he thinks my ranting is something to do with him. All my neighbours are fully aware when the mighty blueshirted heroes are on the box now. In the early days I think they thought I was having major domestics.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum