Unbelievable

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Unbelievable

Postby CBBT » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 am

For gods sake ,I can’t believe City fans kicking off about Sergio !!! Anyone who knows anything would have known we were not going to beat L/pool . We were never going to go all season unbeaten , for this match to mean anything we have to lose another 4/5 games . We also just managed to beat this team 5-0 at the Eithad . I hope the people complaining are armchair fans and not regulars , Sterling ,Stones and Gundogan should be examining there performance yesterday. Takes a lot to get me to post anymore but this has !!
CTID “inPep we trust” .....
YOU DON'T PICK CITY , CITY PICKS YOU AND WHEN IT HAS!! NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY THATS IT NO MORE NO SEASON TICKET IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY THE BLUE MIST THE ONLY TIME YOU STOP BEING BLUE IS WHEN YOU DIE!!
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IN YOUR ERA OF BEING BLUE YOU WILL SEE SUCESS IF NOT HEARTBREAK EITHER WAY YOU WILL BE BLUE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio!!

Re: Unbelievable

Postby dromoreblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 am

CTWD. Roll on next game and back on track.
dromoreblue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby littlebig » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 am

He's a club legend and we all love him but he does have his off days and yesterday was certainly one of them
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

Outside of DeBruyne and Sané, no one really played to their best, no need to single anyone out. We win as a team and lose as a team.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Outside of DeBruyne and Sané, no one really played to their best, no need to single anyone out. We win as a team and lose as a team.

There is every need to single players out.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am

I confess that I was an armchair fan yesterday but that was mainly due to my gephyrophobia over the River Mersey
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 am

edge275 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Outside of DeBruyne and Sané, no one really played to their best, no need to single anyone out. We win as a team and lose as a team.

There is every need to single players out.

OK, fill your boots then, ignore the fact that they've been performing excellently for over half a season and lay it on for them not meeting their high standards against the Premier league's form team at their place. Sounds sensible.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CBBT » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 am

Brilliant response, so it goes that we win as fans together we lose as fans together , as the advert says your not playing 11 your playing us ALL !! We are not home and dry yet but we must believe stay solid and all will be ours , we must be the 12th man for this great great team . CTID
YOU DON'T PICK CITY , CITY PICKS YOU AND WHEN IT HAS!! NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY THATS IT NO MORE NO SEASON TICKET IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY THE BLUE MIST THE ONLY TIME YOU STOP BEING BLUE IS WHEN YOU DIE!!
IF YOU ARE LUCKY IN YOUR ERA OF BEING BLUE YOU WILL SEE SUCESS IF NOT HEARTBREAK EITHER WAY YOU WILL BE BLUE. ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!

CITY TILL I DIE !!!
CBBT
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio!!

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:17 am

littlebig wrote:He's a club legend and we all love him but he does have his off days and yesterday was certainly one of them

The problem is when he does have an off day he offers the team as a whole very little. Jesus for example still offers decent movement and willingness to show for the ball and get involved - whether that’s because he’s young and eager or not.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:34 am

I wouldn't knock his effort. But his best has clearly gone and to pretend otherwise is silly. Francis Lee is a club legend too, so I'm not really following that argument.

But he's what we have so lets use him to his abilities that remain.

Also - we were going to beat Liverpool, it was all going to plan - they get worse as games go on, we get better - until the defence exploded with 3 rushes of blood!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 am

We gifted them all of their goals and had to work for ours. That's the problem
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

zuricity wrote:We gifted them all of their goals and had to work for ours. That's the problem

It is, but that's because wellying it up the field is banned on pain of death. Catch 22
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm

We still scored three goals. Aguero set up Gundogan's and worked a smart one-two in the build-up for Bernie's. Yes, his overall performance was subpar, but so was the whole team's. And before I start singling out Aguero, I'd rather start with the lot who folded like paper and gifted Liverpool three goals in ten minutes.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm

The problem with Aguero is when he is not scoring, there is absolutely no point playing him, he offers nothing else.

Jesus when not scoring is a team player, he puts in a shift for the good of the team. He can stop a Ball, trap the Ball with his foot, shield it, and recycle the Ball to a team mate. He is very good in possession.

Our style is such that as a unit we have to defend from the front. This is why Guardiola prefers Jesus to Aguero.

Our wins away at top 6 sides Aguero has not been in the team. It isn’t a coincidence either; he does fuck all playing against the top sides away. Our performance against Chelsea was one of the best professional performances I can recall. We played as a team defending from the front, every player put a shift in and we were deserved winners.

Admittedly yesterday he wasn’t on his own in having an off day. Trouble is his off days have been pretty much most of the season. He looks disinterested, not arsed. When the Ball comes in his direction, he lazily loses possession nearly every time, or tries to take on 5 players before losing possession. If he does have space and there is a pass on, he chooses the wrong option nearly every time. He shoots blazes over wildly when recycling the Ball, making a genuine opportunity for the team would be a much better option. For instance last 3 minutes of injury time yesterday we had Liverpool on the Ropes, he blazes high in to the stands from the Left, why ffs ?,what was the point of that. Camera pans round, Guardiola had a smirk on his face that said I knew you were going to do that. That free kick from KDB in the last minutes was beautiful. Aguero was the first man on the post, just threw his fucking head at it even though he wasn’t flush with the Goal, wasted opportunity. If he had left that I swear we would have equalised from a tap in.

All is not well with him, not sure if it is physically, mentally, or both. The story leaked to the Papers about not being happy with rotation was laughable given his form of late. I am 100% certain he will be sold at the end of this season for an upgrade. Has been a great player for ever in our history. All good journeys come to an end though, there’s no room for sentiment in football.

Ironically so shit was Aguero performance yesterday. I think he might have inadvertently precipitated a last minute major rethink today between Guardiola and the Club hierarchy on the Sanchez saga.

We need fresh blood upfront; relying on Aguero, so out of form it is unreal, could potentially undermine our whole season.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:45 pm

I think what you say is right Zabba - but it's not the Aguero we once had, so it's not really a question of 'preferring' Jesus as Aguero's limitations should be obvious to anyone but an idiot now.

There were a couple of times yesterday - once on the wing and once in the box - when I though my old mother could have moved quicker.

But Pep being Pep, he wouldn't play him if he wasn't the best we have right now for that position. So it is what it is.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Armchair, bar stool or whatever type of fans, it doesn't matter. Sergio is not at his best there is no denying that.
But form can improve.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm

sheblue wrote:Armchair, bar stool or whatever type of fans, it doesn't matter. Sergio is not at his best there is no denying that.
But form can improve.

Never known anyone get quicker again after 29!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:I think what you say is right Zabba - but it's not the Aguero we once had, so it's not really a question of 'preferring' Jesus as Aguero's limitations should be obvious to anyone but an idiot now.

There were a couple of times yesterday - once on the wing and once in the box - when I though my old mother could have moved quicker.

But Pep being Pep, he wouldn't play him if he wasn't the best we have right now for that position. So it is what it is.
i agree with all that.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:Armchair, bar stool or whatever type of fans, it doesn't matter. Sergio is not at his best there is no denying that.
But form can improve.

Never known anyone get quicker again after 29!

Is it just pace John? It might be a bit more than that. But I will bow to your greater knowledge.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:The problem with Aguero is when he is not scoring, there is absolutely no point playing him, he offers nothing else.

Jesus when not scoring is a team player, he puts in a shift for the good of the team. He can stop a Ball, trap the Ball with his foot, shield it, and recycle the Ball to a team mate. He is very good in possession.

Our style is such that as a unit we have to defend from the front. This is why Guardiola prefers Jesus to Aguero.

Our wins away at top 6 sides Aguero has not been in the team. It isn’t a coincidence either; he does fuck all playing against the top sides away. Our performance against Chelsea was one of the best professional performances I can recall. We played as a team defending from the front, every player put a shift in and we were deserved winners.

Admittedly yesterday he wasn’t on his own in having an off day. Trouble is his off days have been pretty much most of the season. He looks disinterested, not arsed. When the Ball comes in his direction, he lazily loses possession nearly every time, or tries to take on 5 players before losing possession. If he does have space and there is a pass on, he chooses the wrong option nearly every time. He shoots blazes over wildly when recycling the Ball, making a genuine opportunity for the team would be a much better option. For instance last 3 minutes of injury time yesterday we had Liverpool on the Ropes, he blazes high in to the stands from the Left, why ffs ?,what was the point of that. Camera pans round, Guardiola had a smirk on his face that said I knew you were going to do that. That free kick from KDB in the last minutes was beautiful. Aguero was the first man on the post, just threw his fucking head at it even though he wasn’t flush with the Goal, wasted opportunity. If he had left that I swear we would have equalised from a tap in.

All is not well with him, not sure if it is physically, mentally, or both. The story leaked to the Papers about not being happy with rotation was laughable given his form of late. I am 100% certain he will be sold at the end of this season for an upgrade. Has been a great player for ever in our history. All good journeys come to an end though, there’s no room for sentiment in football.

Ironically so shit was Aguero performance yesterday. I think he might have inadvertently precipitated a last minute major rethink today between Guardiola and the Club hierarchy on the Sanchez saga.

We need fresh blood upfront; relying on Aguero, so out of form it is unreal, could potentially undermine our whole season.

Well, yesterday he was involved in creating two goals – in my book that’s not nothing. While a blind man can see that Aguero is not the same player he was five years ago, it doesn’t mean he’s useless apart from poaching goals. Yes, Jesus fits better into our build-up play. Yes, after numerous injuries and at 29 years, Aguero lost a big chunk of the explosiveness that made him so dangerous. And yes, he probably has more off-days now and his decision making sticks out more than ever in this team. But I think you’re going overboard here, i.e. blaming him for taking the header in the end? Ridiculous.

It’s funny how a lot of the criticism could be applied to Alexis. While he looks ‘more arsed’ (with an emphasis on 'looks'), he’s partial to the occasional moan and is the 5th most dispossessed player in the league (2.5 per game, Aguero is 20th with 1.9) and second only to Richarlison at ‘bad controls per game’ with 3.4 (Aguero 15th with 2.6). They are about equal in dribbles and shots, while Alexis creates more potential chances (key passes). Then there’s the small difference in goals and assists where Aguero (13 & 5) has about double of Alexis’ numbers (7 & 3). You're going to argue that Aguero is part of a functioning, record-breaking team and Alexis isn't, but even without looking at the numbers, you can see that the latter likes to hog the ball just as much (or more) and overplays quite a lot. How that will sit with Pep I can't say, but it's food for thought.

In essence, if Aguero's form is so shit it's unreal, God help is if we land his aforementioned 'upgrade' on ludicrous wages and agent fees.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum