Otter Here Until 2022

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Otter Here Until 2022

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm

PeterParker wrote:To be fair, it is difficult as fuck to find a decent defender these days, that is why we are going after fuckers like Evans.

Actually, at the moment, Otter is one of the best out there and he has moments when he is beyond shit. Just in contrast, remember I grew up with some amazing fuckers from Italy, now, looking at them, Romagnoli, who is worst than Nastasic, I considered the best young defender from there.

For three more years Otter can do the job, Imho, after than, we can use him in a Demichelis role.

Love your posts PP.

You always have an interesting perspective on things.

Well done to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:51 pm

I'm otterly indifferent to this news. For some reason I just can't really connect to "the General".
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby edge275 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:02 pm

I think Otamendi isn't good enough for us and I'm hoping this contract extension is a means of getting more money for him when we hopefully offload him in the summer.

There's also got to be better than Jonny Evans. I would've loved Christensen from Chelsea. I wonder if we could sucker them into a trade for Otamendi + cash?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm

edge275 wrote:I think Otamendi isn't good enough for us and I'm hoping this contract extension is a means of getting more money for him when we hopefully offload him in the summer.

There's also got to be better than Jonny Evans. I would've loved Christensen from Chelsea. I wonder if we could sucker them into a trade for Otamendi + cash?

Is sterling still shite and to be offloaded too ?
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:I think Otamendi isn't good enough for us and I'm hoping this contract extension is a means of getting more money for him when we hopefully offload him in the summer.

Definitely not. He's been excellent this season, albeit still frustrating at times but he seems to have eradicated a lot of that out of his game.

You still rate Hughes as a manager?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:To be fair, it is difficult as fuck to find a decent defender these days, that is why we are going after fuckers like Evans.

Actually, at the moment, Otter is one of the best out there and he has moments when he is beyond shit. Just in contrast, remember I grew up with some amazing fuckers from Italy, now, looking at them, Romagnoli, who is worst than Nastasic, I considered the best young defender from there.

For three more years Otter can do the job, Imho, after than, we can use him in a Demichelis role.

Love your posts PP.

You always have an interesting perspective on things.

Well done to you.

Haha, cheers pal.

I remember the likes of Costacurta, Tassotti, Maldini, then came Nesta and Cannavaro. You had from where to choose. The dutch had fantastic defenders, the french, germans, everyone.
Now you have overrated soft cunts that slip at the first contact.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:45 am

The laws of the game have been massively weighted in favour of the attacker and unless it gets changed back (which as things are now is clearly not going to happen), you won’t see defenders of that quality again. Sadly, in my view.

Bent FIFA bastards.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:49 am

edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Definitely not. He's been excellent this season, albeit still frustrating at times but he seems to have eradicated a lot of that out of his game.

No. I don't even rate peter reid or keegan as managers anymore. But they were alright for us at the time.

You said sterling was "shite" THIS SEASON!

"Shite" was the word you used.

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 am

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

No. I don't even rate peter reid or keegan as managers anymore. But they were alright for us at the time.

Yeah, I said he was shite on the 29th August 2017. You know, the summer before this season started. In response to how erratic he was last season.

Being great this season doesn't suddenly erase his last season you know.

Also, please stop derailing threads by singling out people you have an agenda against and hounding people round the board. It's getting really weird and quite frankly, embarrassing.
edge275

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 am

edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Yeah, I said he was shite on the 29th August 2017. You know, the summer before this season started. In response to how erratic he was last season.

Being great this season doesn't suddenly erase his last season you know.

Also, please stop derailing threads by singling out people you have an agenda against and hounding people round the board. It's getting really weird and quite frankly, embarrassing.

You said he was shite after he'd scored two winning goals and an equaliser. That was THIS SEASON. Stop lying.

And it's relevant because you wanted him sold. And now you want otter sold.

I'm not derailing any thread. And don't talk to me about weird and embarrassing - there's a reason you disappeared before. Remember that before you start pretending you're a snowflake.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum