THE OLD ORDER

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: THE OLD ORDER

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:47 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:You’d swear they had some hidden agenda that none of us have put our finger on yet.
It’s like if you put enough coirdinated propaganda out there that it will stick in the public psyche and their perception of us will be swayed.
Then that in turn will have a negative impact on us if you can send the message deep enough into the public psyche, so it becomes acceptable to inflict pain on us by any means, fair or foul.

Ingenious really.
I don’t know why we haven’t copped on to this before.

you are being sarcastic no?

propaganda does work but only if it stays within the public's idea of credibility... remember the Strong & Stable mantra.

If the wider sporting public perceive City as a force for delivering better players and better football then whatever they pump out will be set against that reality and is more likely to be ridiculed.
If City keep up the good work it will undermine all bitter arguments and tactics, it is simply more powerful than propaganda.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Khaldoon stated he would put our business model up against anything in 10 years and we will see. Well the Old order have had a taste and they do not like it.
MCFC here for the long term.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I don’t know why we haven’t copped on to this before.

Some of us did mate , a long fucking time ago .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby phips » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:17 pm

john68 wrote:What conspiracy?????????????

not a conspiracy. just bitter, jealous clubs.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

To quote Ian Dury;
There ain’t half been some clever bastards.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Can somebody please explain to me, why, the clubs that exploit people via high ticket prices, and, ever changing replica shirts, have the moral high ground.
Moreover the people being exploited are usually from poor backgrounds, so ripping off poor people is “generating their own money” what a load of bullocks !!
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Can somebody please explain to me, why, the clubs that exploit people via high ticket prices, and, ever changing replica shirts, have the moral high ground.
Moreover the people being exploited are usually from poor backgrounds, so ripping off poor people is “generating their own money” what a load of bullocks !!

Probaly because those clubs have more mugs buying said tickets/shirts ... majority rules donchknow .... apparently
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks Chinners Mate.
Whether Swales/City voted for the Premier League, or why, is not really a major point mate. City were definately not one of the driving forces behind it.

The original idea came from Greg Dyke, thre then boss at London Weekend TV, who saw it as a way to grab the TV rights for his company. He invited the 'gang of 5' (the rags, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs) to a meeting. to float his idea and assess support.
His idea was to break from the Football League allowing the top clubs to keep the money they then had to share with the other 92 league clubs.
LWT were outvoted in favour of Sky when the TV rights were voted on, though it is known that of that gang of 5, only Alan Sugar atually voted for Sky.
I have no knowledge of how City voted, but I believe that like most other clubs, City went along with something that had already been decided previously behind closed doors.
You are right about City's merchandising being sold off cheaply. It was quoted that when Francis Lee took over, City were receiving £60,000pa from shirt sales etc. In the same year that Newcastle United earned £9M from their merchandising. The catering rights at Maine Road had also been sold off cheaply too, leaving City with only gate receipts as their main income. One of the reasons why Lee threatened to walk out of the Swales/Lee handover meeting in the Swan at Bucklow Hill.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Cheers John, nice to get a bit more background info, I still think Swales was pushing for it thou, he was power mad at that time being on god knows how many FA/Football league commitees, selecting the next England manager etc but that was more because he thought we were always a top 5 team (even when we got relegated) he loved City to the point of madness trying to keep up/outdo Utd at every opportunity..... loving your banner as well A+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Can somebody please explain to me, why, the clubs that exploit people via high ticket prices, and, ever changing replica shirts, have the moral high ground.

I was thinking about this in relation to this thread. Obviously agree with you.

It would be a great way for City to fight back and get further credit in the hearts and minds battle with the Old Order. If City champion lower prices, particularly ticket prices they would get even more brownie points from the average fan of any club as it shows up other clubs.

imagine playing the most attractive football + winning trophies + lowest ticket prices
for match going fans anywhere that would blow out of the water anything the media can say about us.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 pm

These statements by Wenger have really taken him to new lows.

it's clear to me from all of the evidence that Wenger had no intention of letting Sanchez come to us, or was going to do everything in his power to ensure he didn't. By trying to spin this as some kind of morality play via a Neymar to PSG-like criticism of us, except it's not us, it's Utd who are spending way over the top, lacks nuance but we know who his target audience is.

This line of reasoning is quite faulty as it implies that there was a level playing field to begin with and that meritocracy in football had nothing to do with other advantages the old guard had, which is completely ludicrous.

What a sad joke of an attempt to spin things this is and really shows how pathetic he has become, which is not what I used to think of him at all.
Last edited by PrezIke on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Funny enough Adebayor was saying how 'fake' Wenger is in todays bollox. Basically he said one thing to him and another to the media once he left to join us (and this was 7 years ago!) ..... that's if Ade wasn't talking bollox as well of course
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Burt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

To quote Ian Dury;
There ain’t half been some clever bastards.

Luck bleeders. Lucky bleeders
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 pm

I wrote the longest post ever about the cuntyness of David Dein, Martin Edwards, Arse and the rags. And a fucking error page came up when I tried to post it!
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:10 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I wrote the longest post ever about the cuntyness of David Dein, Martin Edwards, Arse and the rags. And a fucking error page came up when I tried to post it!

that's fucling annoying

reply page seems to time out. copy your scribble before hitting submit, so if it does that you can reply again and paste it in. works fine.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 pm

And about the barrow boy spiv Sugar who stood to make a fortune knocking out his amstrad satellite dishes if Sky won the TV rights. It was supposed to be decided by sealed bids but Alan Michael Sugar somehow knew what was contained. It's well documented that he was outside on the phone screaming at Sky executives about what they needed to up their bid to, so it was.more than ITV's. How did that cunt get knighted? He is nothing more than a crook.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:01 pm

David Dein lined his own pockets out of Arsenal. He was a failed import/exporter whoring a company that posted the same £11m loss every year.
He was opportunistic, essentially conning the Hill-Wood's out of their club. Him and Edwards went to the FA with the "Blueprint for Football" dressing it upad having the England national team as it's priority. The FA were happy to adopt it's it helped them win their power struggle with rhe Football League ( it's hard to imagine they held as much clout as the FA at one time)
What the real motivation was, to cut the rest of the league out and keep the new sky money to themselves.
Divided 20 ways instead if 92 even the likes of Oldham voted for it!
But Dein and Edwards framed the plan to the FA. Graham Kelly has since admitted the FA were conned and never expected it to work out the way it did.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I wrote the longest post ever about the cuntyness of David Dein, Martin Edwards, Arse and the rags. And a fucking error page came up when I tried to post it!

Definitely a conspiracy.
The powers that be don’t want the truth to come out.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Incidentally Dein and Edwards were never successful at anything in their lives, but both skimmed over £100m out of their clubs.
Never buy the "earned money" lie.
It was blackmail, confidence tricks and theft!
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:11 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Definitely a conspiracy.
The powers that be don’t want the truth to come out.

It did cross my mind
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum