THE OLD ORDER

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

THE OLD ORDER

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Only very recently, a top 6 manager (can't remember which one, can someone please confirm?) publicly stated that the other clubs should get together (collude), to "Stop City buying the best players."
Today Arsene Wenger has said;
"I respect Man United because they generate the money they pay to the players with their own resources, so you have to respect that".
"After that it's down to them to know how much they want to give to the player. Overall Man United are a club very well managed financially and of course as well on the pitch, so that is why I don't have any problems with the money they pay".

That City have in recent years been commercially profitable and have also generated the money from their own resources, we know that Wenger's statement today is untrue.

Some years ago, EuFA's FFP was the tool the old G14 used to try and stop City challenging their political and financial hegemony in Europe. Moving the rag's David Gill into the job of overall control of that strategy ensured that City were forced to change the transfer and buying policy to comply. City failed the FFP on an added caveat that allowed David Gill to decrease our sponsorship income, thus ensuring we failed.

Now City are profitable that strategy has been negated....Witness the Sanchez deal, Arsenal's refusal to sell to us, even though a deal had been already agreed last summer.

What conspiracy?????????????
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: THE OLD ORDER

Postby Chinners » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Good to hear from you John. I don't think Arsenal have refused to sell to us, we have refused to buy due to their pricing policy. TBF, they have been selling us quite a few of their 'star players' in recent years at stupid prices.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby MUS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Those Wenger comments were totally out of order.

I'm getting used to being the most hated club in England. At the end of the day, we should hardly be dying for approval from the likes of Stanley Collymore etc

Let them focus on the finances and let's focus on winning.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:59 pm

1) It was Conte that said that.

2) Wenger is just an old fool who should retire.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 pm

He's inferring that our club isn't run on a financially sound basis. Last time he was accusing our player of being a cheat. Another time it was the Happy One saying the whole team cheated.

They're all at it. We should sue
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Every Arsenal player, will be watching the Sanchez soap opera with a deal me in attitude. Example 12 months ago Wilshire was finished on loan at a bottom team, he comes back hardly gets a game for 5 months, they get injuries he gets a game. Based on a few games it will be 300k a week from Wenger the 12 mill a year man will have no choice but to spunk up a mega deal for a player that was leaving for 0 only 10 weeks a go. Wenger = say anything pay anything to keep his snout in the trough.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:49 pm

We should sue Whinger and Tebas. Today
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Showed a remarkable amount of restraint today to a Rag .
Maybe because he is my boss But still Biting my lip

He said 400k per week is a lot of money but we have earned that money Wenger has a point saying you were just given yours . I said Not really you are about 500mill in debt . And we have no debt and are self sufficient yeh but still we have earned it FFS
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:43 pm

I think there has to be context behind why they feel they have the right to even say these things. In their eyes, and I mean the the Rags, Dippers and Arsenal, it was them who made the PL so popular and it should be only them who have the right to spend the money earned. Us upstarts are now picking up money we're not entitled to as it was them who got the league to this position.

Look at what they've just done with the CL, giving a bigger percentage of the profits to teams that have won something, forced through by the clubs who, errrrr, won something, ie. the old G14. I'm amazed they haven't tried to do it in the Prem but it's obvious that as there are so little winners of it then there's no way they'd be able to vote it through.

Vinegar tits is the worse one for it as he's the last of the old guard but there'll be many more comments from managers using their clubs status as a front for their opinions.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think there has to be context behind why they feel they have the right to even say these things. In their eyes, and I mean the the Rags, Dippers and Arsenal, it was them who made the PL so popular and it should be only them who have the right to spend the money earned. Us upstarts are now picking up money we're not entitled to as it was them who got the league to this position.

Which is just silly, because they wouldn't be where they were without teams like us to thump each week.

Like a "self made millionaire" who just took a $750,000 loan from dad and 15 years to get there. Then they get mad when their middle-class neighbor raises VC money and builds a much more admired company then they could ever dream of.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:10 pm

I think it is quite obvious there is a cultural conspiracy against City based around who the owners are.

It is backed up and merges into the media bias that we have become used to and now this year seems to have been acknowledged by some parts of the media themselves.

There needs to be some questions answered imo.

Why suddenly are there calls to hinder City in transfers etc ? could it be this is a response to fact that the other top PL teams are so far behind both in points and pure entertainment stakes... AND can see no means of getting back level ? is this desperation ?

If our owners were US based or god forbid English ( aristocracy ) would there be the same amount of criticism and structural attempts to hinder the club ?
Are we seeing the lingering shadow of out and out pure racism against Arabs ?

I am starting to think that our performances on the pitch are winning over neutrals who simply like good football. I think those same neutrals can also see that both City's business approach ( investment in the academy ) and footballing approach under Pep is taking good players to a completely new level. In other words while yes there has been a ridiculous injection of cash... the club have made sure that it has created added value. It is clear the sum of City's parts far outweighs the cash input.

I think that 'neutrals being won over' is literally the stuff of nightmares for the established elite, it is the process that sucks their power and mystique away.
e.g. in 5-10 years time Arsenal may be no more in the minds of sports fans than say Everton or West Ham.

Simply put the old order is under severe pressure to not end up being marginalised, both in business terms and football entertainment terms.
The clubs know this, their managers do and the media knows this too. You only have to look at say the tories to see how nasty, those looking to protect what they have, can get.

City will win over neutrals and general sports fans the world over, and that is the brand aim.
It does not matter where the outlay comes from... as the only way to achieve it is to get it right. That takes acumen, doing the right thing and ultimately having some class.

Not only do the old order not have the capacity to play exciting football they also lack the organisational structure and culture that would ultimately deliver that football - that is why they are panicking and lashing out.

We just have to sit back and take it all as a kind of compliment.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

One thing that is NEVER mentioned whenever spending comparables are talked about is the fact that we had 20 fucking years of catching up to do.

It's always compared since 2008. Why?

Why discount things like baconface smashing the British transfer record 5 times in a row before that?

They spent the almost the same money on what was already a lavishly assembled squad. We were starting from scratch.

Why not compare the spending (on relative terms of course) since the inception of the premier league?

I'll tell you why. Because it doesn't suit their agenda.

And some still can't see said agenda. Wtf.
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think there has to be context behind why they feel they have the right to even say these things. In their eyes, and I mean the the Rags, Dippers and Arsenal, it was them who made the PL so popular and it should be only them who have the right to spend the money earned. Us upstarts are now picking up money we're not entitled to as it was them who got the league to this position.

Look at what they've just done with the CL, giving a bigger percentage of the profits to teams that have won something, forced through by the clubs who, errrrr, won something, ie. the old G14. I'm amazed they haven't tried to do it in the Prem but it's obvious that as there are so little winners of it then there's no way they'd be able to vote it through.

Vinegar tits is the worse one for it as he's the last of the old guard but there'll be many more comments from managers using their clubs status as a front for their opinions.

We were one of the original clubs pushing hard for the formation of the PL. Swales needed to raise some more capital after selling off the merchandising and club badge rights to some bloke down Gorton market. We fell behind very quickly once it was formed and then several relegations obviously didn't help. We are now in that top club and I'm pretty sure if our owners have their way, they will try to screw the 'lesser' clubs over . . . its all cyclical
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:11 am

the French Mister Bean wrote:Overall Man United are a club very well managed financially

This is whinger-speak for "generate a huge amount in dividends for the owners, from which I of course take my cut".
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:43 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
the French Mister Bean wrote:Overall Man United are a club very well managed financially

This is whinger-speak for "generate a huge amount in dividends for the owners, from which I of course take my cut".

With huge amount of debt.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 am

Indeed, John. How the fuck a company with 400,000,000 quid’s worth of debt is “well-run” is anyone’s guess. Unless, of course, you are monsieur Wenger, the sponge owners’ accomplice.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am

Chinners wrote:Good to hear from you John. I don't think Arsenal have refused to sell to us, we have refused to buy due to their pricing policy. TBF, they have been selling us quite a few of their 'star players' in recent years at stupid prices.

We're not going to let the player's representative shaft us, not going to let Arsenal shaft us, and not going to pay over the top in weekly wages when it would risk distorting the current squad harmony. I agree fully with City's stance.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby littlebig » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 am

brite blu sky wrote:I think it is quite obvious there is a cultural conspiracy against City based around who the owners are.

It is backed up and merges into the media bias that we have become used to and now this year seems to have been acknowledged by some parts of the media themselves.

There needs to be some questions answered imo.

Why suddenly are there calls to hinder City in transfers etc ? could it be this is a response to fact that the other top PL teams are so far behind both in points and pure entertainment stakes... AND can see no means of getting back level ? is this desperation ?

If our owners were US based or god forbid English ( aristocracy ) would there be the same amount of criticism and structural attempts to hinder the club ?
Are we seeing the lingering shadow of out and out pure racism against Arabs ?

I am starting to think that our performances on the pitch are winning over neutrals who simply like good football. I think those same neutrals can also see that both City's business approach ( investment in the academy ) and footballing approach under Pep is taking good players to a completely new level. In other words while yes there has been a ridiculous injection of cash... the club have made sure that it has created added value. It is clear the sum of City's parts far outweighs the cash input.

I think that 'neutrals being won over' is literally the stuff of nightmares for the established elite, it is the process that sucks their power and mystique away.
e.g. in 5-10 years time Arsenal may be no more in the minds of sports fans than say Everton or West Ham.

Simply put the old order is under severe pressure to not end up being marginalised, both in business terms and football entertainment terms.
The clubs know this, their managers do and the media knows this too. You only have to look at say the tories to see how nasty, those looking to protect what they have, can get.

City will win over neutrals and general sports fans the world over, and that is the brand aim.
It does not matter where the outlay comes from... as the only way to achieve it is to get it right. That takes acumen, doing the right thing and ultimately having some class.

Not only do the old order not have the capacity to play exciting football they also lack the organisational structure and culture that would ultimately deliver that football - that is why they are panicking and lashing out.

We just have to sit back and take it all as a kind of compliment.

This is an excellent post. Well thought out and articulated.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 am

Whilst I'm fairly sure we voted yes ti the Premier League I don't think we were in the driving seat at the time. Arsenal and united were the ones really pushing if memory serves. I'll re read about it later.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 am

You’d swear they had some hidden agenda that none of us have put our finger on yet.
It’s like if you put enough coirdinated propaganda out there that it will stick in the public psyche and their perception of us will be swayed.
Then that in turn will have a negative impact on us if you can send the message deep enough into the public psyche, so it becomes acceptable to inflict pain on us by any means, fair or foul.

Ingenious really.
I don’t know why we haven’t copped on to this before.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum