THE OLD ORDER

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: THE OLD ORDER

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 pm

'The Debate' on Sky for 18 January felt more like an Arsenal fanboy show with ex-players Ray Parlour and Paul Merson -- about as propaganda filled as I've heard the programme.

For the first few minutes they spin doctored Arsenal into possibly having a good transfer window. They sounded like the opposite we hear from Keown and Wright who have criticised the club or at least attempted to be fair minded.

Not a word of concern or how all they spewed was speculation, and no reference to any possible reasons the targets they discussed won't join.

So Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang (whose name Merson could barely pronounce) are in then. Oh, and Parlour reckons Evans should want to join Arsenal at this stage of his career.

Who cares if they won't win anything this season and not as likely as next and he'll be in his 30s. No discussion of us as a possible choice at all, as if it wasn't even an option.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:And about the barrow boy spiv Sugar who stood to make a fortune knocking out his amstrad satellite dishes if Sky won the TV rights. It was supposed to be decided by sealed bids but Alan Michael Sugar somehow knew what was contained. It's well documented that he was outside on the phone screaming at Sky executives about what they needed to up their bid to, so it was.more than ITV's. How did that cunt get knighted? He is nothing more than a crook.

You've answered your own question there.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:And about the barrow boy spiv Sugar who stood to make a fortune knocking out his amstrad satellite dishes if Sky won the TV rights. It was supposed to be decided by sealed bids but Alan Michael Sugar somehow knew what was contained. It's well documented that he was outside on the phone screaming at Sky executives about what they needed to up their bid to, so it was.more than ITV's. How did that cunt get knighted? He is nothing more than a crook.

You've answered your own question there.

Slightly cynical, but a good answer
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby edge275 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Glad to see you back John. I hope it isn't a fleeting visit.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby john68 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm

edge275 wrote:Glad to see you back John. I hope it isn't a fleeting visit.

Thanks Mate, as always appreciated.

Alan Sugar was at that time the chairman at Spurs and as such had access to that meeting.
When the bids were opened, Sky's bid was not the biggest. I always believed it to be the BBC, but have heard also it was ITV, so unsure.
Sugar asked for a break in the meeting before a vote was taken and was seen and heard phoning Sky to inform them they had lost. His reported advice to Sky was to increase their bid immediately and "Blow them out of the water"

The bid was duly increased and Sky got the deal.
Alan Sugar was also owner of Alan Maurice Sugar Trading, aka AMSTRAD and had the sole rights to the supply of the Sky dishes.
Think that gives you the details Roger.
Glad to oblige Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum