*** city v newcastle*** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v newcastle*** official match thread

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:From what I have seen Zinchenko has two issues with having to play as a defender. First he isn't very quick. Maybe not slow but in a race against a quick player he will always lose out.

Second is his lack of experience as a full back. That's mostly about reading the game so his lack of pace doesnt get exposed.

Probably both those issues contributed to their goal but so too did the miscontrol by their player which wrong footed basically everyone and allowed the quick forward pass which caught us out. Maybe also Stones could have stayed more central but ge also was thrown I think by the miscontrol.

Having said that I thought Zin was very good today. excellent touch and very sensible ue of the ball too. Good player

I think its worth noting that pep looks at other qualities other than defending for those who play in defence. I mean even his goalkeeper is primarily a sweeper. So he looks at what they can bring to the party, qualities like how he is going to link play with his teamates before how is he going to defend. Zinchenko meets most of the primary requirements in this respect.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Spurge wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:From what I have seen Zinchenko has two issues with having to play as a defender. First he isn't very quick. Maybe not slow but in a race against a quick player he will always lose out.

Second is his lack of experience as a full back. That's mostly about reading the game so his lack of pace doesnt get exposed.

Probably both those issues contributed to their goal but so too did the miscontrol by their player which wrong footed basically everyone and allowed the quick forward pass which caught us out. Maybe also Stones could have stayed more central but ge also was thrown I think by the miscontrol.

Having said that I thought Zin was very good today. excellent touch and very sensible ue of the ball too. Good player

I think its worth noting that pep looks at other qualities other than defending for those who play in defence. I mean even his goalkeeper is primarily a sweeper. So he looks at what they can bring to the party, qualities like how he is going to link play with his teamates before how is he going to defend. Zinchenko meets most of the primary requirements in this respect.

Funny thing is Doug Benitez put some pacey players on when we went 2 nil up and Zinchenko got exposed a couple of times including there goal . Question is why didn't Benitez go with that formation earlier instead of trying to contain us ? Strange one for me !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 pm

City64 wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Funny thing is Doug Benitez put some pacey players on when we went 2 nil up and Zinchenko got exposed a couple of times including there goal . Question is why didn't Benitez go with that formation earlier instead of trying to contain us ? Strange one for me !

Respect
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Spurge wrote:
City64 wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Respect

Exactly that. Once they opened up and even before that when they threw a few forward and lost the ball we ripped them apart so he had to go with a defensive set up for as long as he can.

I expect it has been mentioned on here but a number of times today Ederson played out some class balls to set us on the attack. He's a real playmaker.

That one he saved and then fumbled, I am sure he was planning where he was going to throw the ball to set us off before he had the ball in his hands
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Woodyblue » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:It might not seem so now, but this win will be crucial in the title race after what happend last Sunday.

Well in!

This.

Moreover, it signifies that we are not slipping into a bad run (which the media are fervently hoping and praying for), following our unfortunate events at Klanfield.

No, surely the bindipping candle waving fuckers go above us if they beat Swansea on Monday night. Then go on to win the Chumps league. I’m sure that’s what all my Scouser mates have been saying all week?
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am

Sané's run and pull back to wrap this one up was exceptional, had me proper bombinating.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sané's run and pull back to wrap this one up was exceptional, had me proper bombinating.

It was certainly very habile
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sané's run and pull back to wrap this one up was exceptional, had me proper bombinating.

That was a fantastic bit of football to watch, it even had Shearer bombinating on MOTD.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:37 am

That was class from Sanè. Would love to see more of it from him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 am

That's 10 assists in the league for him now, to put that into context, the greatest winger everTMUK media Giggs best ever season in terms of assists was 12.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:06 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That's 10 assists in the league for him now, to put that into context, the greatest winger everTMUK media Giggs best ever season in terms of assists was 12.

Great stat.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum