Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:44 am

Image©
MCF.net members should always try to use Mr Nools daily 'word bollox' in one of their posts that day
BOMBINATE
bɒmbɪneɪt verb
buzz; hum.
"The crowd started to bombinate with anticipation when de Jong got the ball. The buzz grew in strength when Balotelli received the pass and ended in an exploding roar when Aguero's shot hit the back of the net."

Manchester City 'propose £50m offer' for Shakhtar Donetsk star Fred
The Blues want to rush through a deal for the Brazilian after becoming aware of interest from Manchester United
Manchester City have proposed a £50m deal to bring Shakhtar Donetsk star Fred to the Etihad.
The Ukrainians are reluctant to lose the Brazilian midfielder due to their Champions League presence in the last 16.
But with Manchester United also keen and proving their intent by outbidding them to move ahead in the race to sign Alexis Sanchez, City want to rush through a deal, report the Mail.
It would provide much-needed cover for Pep Guardiola's side should Fernandinho suffer an injury or require a rest.

NEW LEGEND JC RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
Re: Bluemoon.
by Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:19 pm
Please do not start topics about individuals on the board. If you have a problem, please PM any of the Lads or mods and we will do what is necessary.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists Sergio Aguero's hat-trick against Newcastle vindicates about-turn over Alexis Sanchez
Pep Guardiola insisted Sergio Aguero's hat-trick to beat Newcastle 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium vindicated his decision to abandon plans to add another striker to his squad during the transfer window.
City had been heavily linked with Manchester United-bound Alexis Sanchez but Aguero's clinical performance against the Magpies suggested City's champions-elect have no great need to add to their attacking riches.
Aguero glanced home Kevin De Bruyne's cross to give his side a slender half-time advantage before adding his second from the penalty spot.
Jacob Murphy reduced the deficit for the visitors before Aguero restored City's 12-point lead at the top of the table when he slotted home after a dazzling piece of work from Leroy Sane.
Guardiola said: 'We are not going to buy a striker because we have him (Aguero) and in two to three weeks Gabriel (Jesus) is back.
'Sergio has his special talent because he didn't touch the ball before his first goal, and there are no words to describe how good he is in a special position, and I am so happy for him.
'The club always tries to improve the team and tries to help the guys to be closer to reach our targets, (but) if one person decides not to come we are not going to be sad - this chapter is over, it is finished and we are going to think about the future.'
Guardiola was especially satisfied with the way his side responded to last week's 4-3 defeat at Liverpool, insisting it was imperative to bounce back with three points in order to prevent inevitable questions over their ability to maintain their title charge.
'I said after the game (against Liverpool) we need this kind of result to realise what we have done and the way we ran and fought against a team that defended with 10 or 11 players in the box was so good.
'In general I am very satisfied. After a defeat you always have a little bit of doubt about how you are going to react and what happens if you go two games in a row without winning.
'That's why it was so important. Now we have two competitions, the Carabao Cup and the (FA) Cup and then we need to kick on. Mathematically we need 10 victories to be champions and we are going to try to win game by game.'
Magpies boss Rafael Benitez repeated his hope that he will still be able to add to his squad during the transfer window despite the apparent collapse of takeover talks at the club.
Benitez said: 'In my last conversation with Mike Ashley he said we have the green light to sign players and I would like to see some of them come in before 31 January and I have confidence we will do it.
'It is obvious the team is working very hard and we need more experience and quality to help the team. We have a list of players and then we have to try our best to make sure that we bring in what we need.'
Benitez praised the performance of his side who came close to claiming an unlikely point after Murphy's superb finish reduced the deficit midway through the second half.
He added: 'Obviously I'm not happy because we lost but the team work and team spirit was quite positive. They had a penalty which was very soft and we had chances after that. It's a pity but you have to say they are a very good team.'

GOLDEN BOLLOX 21-1-2009
Manchester City striker Robinho is desperate to leave the club with Chelsea waiting to rescue the Brazilian. (The Sun)

Chelsea winger Florent Malouda is being lined up by Spanish club Villarreal who are preparing a £9m bid. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have clinched the signing of Chelsea keeper Carlo Cudicini for around £1m. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba says he wants to return to previous club Marseille. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City have rejected an approach from Blackburn to use Dean Sturridge as part of the deal to bring Roque Santa Cruz to Eastlands. (Daily Mail)

Aston Villa are also keen on young striker Sturridge. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham have stepped up their pursuit of Brescia striker Savio. (Daily Star)

Sunderland and Newcastle are leading the race to sign unsettled Bolton defender Danny Shittu. (The Sun)

Tottenham defender Gilberto is set to join Getafe. (The Sun)

Middlesbrough are tracking Hull striker Marlon King whose future at the club is in doubt after a row with Tigers boss Phil Brown. (Daily Mail)

Sheffield United are hoping to sign Manchester City striker Darius Vassell in a £1.6m deal. (Daily Express)

Arsenal's hopes of signing Zenit St Petersburg's Russian forward Andrei Arshavin appear to have collapsed. (The Times)

Manchester City could now join the race to sign Arshavin. (Telegraph)

Lyon are expected to complete the signing of West Ham winger Julien Faubert. (The Times)

Portsmouth are still hopeful of tempting Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen to join them on loan. (The Independent)

Chelsea have joined the race to sign Wigan winger Antonio Valencia. (The Independent)

West Ham have missed out on the signing of Fiorentina youngster Pablo Osvaldo. (The Independent)

Everton could turn to Racing Santander's Mohammed Tchite to solve their striking problems. (Telegraph)

Sevilla's £20m rated left-back Fernando Navarro is being tracked by Liverpool. (Telegraph)

Tottenham are keen on Inter Milan centre-back Nicolas Burdisso. (Daily Mirror)

Kaka says the prospect of joining Manchester City never crossed his mind. (Daily Mirror)

Robinho is facing a massive £320,000 fine for walking out on the club this week. (Daily Star)

Former Chelsea manager Avram Grant is being lined up to become the next coach of Bulgaria. (The Sun)

Southampton head coach Jan Poortvliet could become the latest managerial casualty after being summoned for crisis talks with chairman Rupert Lowe. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City plan to loan starlets to Bristol City after being impressed by Championship side's playing style
Bristol City were narrowly beaten by Manchester City in first leg of semi-final
Manchester City chiefs were impressed with Bristol City's attacking flair
Club may now look to send players on loan to ambitious Championship outfit

Manchester City are considering sending loan players to Bristol City because of the way they played in their Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at The Etihad Stadium.
City are looking to change their policy of sending most youngsters overseas to Girona and NEC Breda and are pleased they've found a Championship club they believe share their football philosophy.
Bristol City were unlucky to lose the away leg 2-1 and will look to overturn it at Ashton Gate on Tuesday night under their bright young manager Lee Johnson, who was a regular visitor to Manchester City's training ground when he managed nearby Oldham.
'Oldham is just down the road and City allowed me to get an insight into their philosophy as a football club. Part of my learning enabled me to go out across the group and understand how it all works,' said Johnson.
'I took a trip out to New York City FC and thoroughly enjoyed it. Manchester City have certainly helped shape me into the manager I have become and hope to be.'
The feeling of appreciation is mutual. Manchester City have been looking for an English club for their developing players which places an importance on skill and tactics but also gives them a competitive edge harder to find in La Liga.
Bristol won't be the only club looking to snap up City's most promising youngsters. Sunderland boss Chris Coleman wants to sign England Under 19 forward Lukas Nmecha who made his first-team debut for Pep Guardiola earlier this season against Leicester, also in the Carabao Cup.

NEW LEGEND PP RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
Re: Wenger says City will need time to gel
by Original Dub » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:51 pm
edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Bluez wrote:
I noticed this quote from Wenger
"City look like they have made some great signings and have a high-quality squad, but it can take teams three months or more to find the right balance and to click,"

This is one of the best managers in the league, who would gain a lot from putting pressure on city, basically saying give it time. So is he correct? Does he know what he is talking about and if so so we not expect too much before christmas?

Wenger hasn't a fucking breeze.

RIG, NQDP and Edge will tell you EXACTLY how this football shit works.

I think you'll find that I believe Wenger is in fact the best manager in the world.

I agree wholeheartedly and I've said as much on here before.

And its because he brings sense and reason, such as above, along flair and magical football.

We could do worse than listen to him. BTW I don't for one minute think he's saying we won't be good for a few months, I believe he's saying we won't hit title winning form until we click, which could be three months.

Paris Saint-Germain make Pep Guardiola their top target and are confident of getting their man
The Spaniard has 16 months remaining on his current £15million a-year contract
Pep Guardiola is the prime target for Paris St-Gemain, the world’s biggest-spending club.
The Manchester City boss has 16 months remaining on his current £15million a-year contract and the Premier League leaders have promised to revise and extend that deal.
But PSG still believe they will eventually get their man by making it clear they will offer a spectacular new opportunity for Guardiola and his family in France.
The club that paid a world-record shattering £199m for Neymar from Barcelona earlier this season accept they may have to play a long game to get Guardiola.
Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea latest from the January window
But they are boosted by the fact that in his two coaching roles so far, Guardiola spent four years in charge at Barcelona and just three years at Bayern Munich.
At both clubs he refused repeated offers to sign extended deals, saying he was ready to take on a new challenge and ultimately chose to walk away.
Guardiola is a high-intensity coach who drives himself and his team in pursuit of glory.
The tension between the respective club owners serves only to add to the rivalry over Guardiola’s future.
PSG are owned by Qatar Sports Investments (QSI). City are under the control of the Abu Dhabi United Group. The two nations are bitter political and commercial rivals, who severed diplomatic ties with each other last year.
Luring Guardiola to PSG would be a massive coup for the Qataris.
Guardiola’s close relationship at City with his old Barca allies, director of football Txiiki Begiristain and chief exective Ferran Soriano, will give the Mancunians confidence that he will stay.
But inside City there have been whispers for weeks that PSG won’t go away.

Kevin De Bruyne agrees new £200,000-plus a week contract with Manchester City
Kevin De Bruyne has reached a full agreement with Manchester City over a new long-year contract.
Though an agreement has been expected for months, a deal has now been concluded and his contract is with lawyers for final approval.
The 26-year-old is expected to sign a six-year deal, during which he will earn a basic wage of around £200,000-a-week with bonuses and image rights potentially taking that beyond the £250,000-a-week mark.
De Bruyne will now spend the prime years of his career at the Etihad Stadium after developing into one of the world’s best midfielders under Pep Guardiola’s tutelage.
The new deal is also significant because Paris Saint-Germain, who seriously rivaled City for De Bruyne’s signature in 2015, and Real Madrid, who contacted his agent Patrick De Koster in November, have both made it clear that they would bid for him if given encouragement.
However, Kevin is happy in Manchester with his young family and has no appetite to quit the Etihad. He is known to be enjoying working with Guardiola and is now considered one of the dressing room leaders.
With his deal now agreed, an announcement could come within the next week, confirming that Kevin De Bruyne will remain at Manchester City for the long term.

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Real Madrid have told Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo that he can leave in the summer, with Paris St-Germain and Manchester United both interested in the 32-year-old. (Yahoo)

Arsenal have made a £44m bid for Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 28, but will have to raise their offer to about £53m to convince the German club to do business. (Kicker - in German)

The Gabon international has been pictured playing five-a-side wearing a Dortmund shirt bearing the name of former team-mate Ousmane Dembele, who now plays for Barcelona. (Bild via Archie Rhind-Tutt on Twitter)

Chelsea are closing in on an agreement to sign Bosnian former Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko, 31, and Brazil-born left-back Emerson Palmieri, 23, from

Roma, with the Italian side asking for £53m. (Gianlucadimarzio.com - in Italian)Tottenham are interested in Bordeaux's 20-year-old Brazilian attacker Malcom, but want to be the only bidders to avoid his value rising. (Football London)

Roma want Manchester United's 28-year-old Italian full-back Matteo Darmian, but only on loan. (Sunday Mirror)
Barcelona's 24-year-old Brazilian midfielder Rafinha is set to join Inter Milan on loan with an option for a £30m permanent deal. (Gazzetta dello Sport via Mail on Sunday)

Chelsea's Ghanaian full-back Baba Rahman, 23, could join Schalke on loan for a second time during his time at Stamford Bridge. (Reviersport via Goal)

West Ham are considering an approach to take Portugal midfielder Joao Mario on loan from Inter Milan, with the 25-year-old struggling for form in the wake of his £38m move from Sporting Lisbon. (Sunday Mirror)

Leicester City and Everton are interested in Besiktas' 33-year-old Serbian centre-back Dusko Tosic. (Haberturk via Leicester Mercury)

Stoke have made a bid for New York City FC's England Under-21 midfielder Jack Harrison, 21. (Goal)

Crystal Palace are set to sign Benfica's 21-year-old Swedish midfielder Erdal Rakip on loan for the rest of the season. (Mail on Sunday)

Former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is being lined up to replace Antonio Conte as Chelsea manager in the summer, with former Blues defender Juliano Belletti as his director of football. (Star)

Tottenham are expected to beat Arsenal to the signing of Bordeaux's 20-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder Malcom. (Telegraph)

Arsenal and Liverpool dealt huge transfer blow as Thomas Lemar only has eyes for Barcelona move

Roma join race for Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian - but don't want a permanent transfer

West Brom could be forced to cash in on Jonny Evans with threat of relegation looming

Andy Carroll wants a new contract from West Ham after injury ended his chance to move to Chelsea

Watford have told Stefano Okaka that they will not consider sending him out on loan to another Premier League club

Sunderland outcast Jack Rodwell considering moving abroad to resurrect career

Burnley, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Watford are all keeping a keen eye on Blackburn’s Charlie Mulgrew

Crystal Palace are set to land out-of-favour Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa after agreeing to pay his £60,000-a-week wages

Huddersfield are considering reuniting David Wagner with Borussia Dortmund defender Nevan Subotic

Pep Guardiola reveals Manchester City didn't sign Alexis Sanchez for risk of destabilising his squad
Guardiola felt that offering wages of more than £300,000 per week to the Chilean would have had a negative effect on the squad as a whole
Pep Guardiola has suggested that Manchester City had to give up on trying to sign Alexis Sanchez or risk destabilising the club’s wage structure.
Sanchez looked set to leave Arsenal for the Etihad Stadium until City ended their pursuit on Monday, leaving the way clear for Manchester United.
The Chile forward has agreed a four-and-a-half year contract at Old Trafford, worth over £300,000 a week, with image rights and bonuses taking that above £500,000.
City’s highest-earning players, by comparison, are on around £220,000 a week, and Guardiola did not feel that offering a significantly higher wage to a new signing would benefit the squad as a whole.
It is understood that Guardiola was also unsure about bringing in Sanchez mid-season; having failed to secure a deal last August, he would have preferred to wait until next summer, when the player’s Arsenal contract was set to expire.
Guardiola, whose Premier League leaders are at home to Newcastle this evening, said: “In my time at Barcelona, my time at Bayern Munich and now here, I never pushed the club to say I want those players when the club believes and says that the price is too much.
“I respect that decision and I move forward to look for another solution because the stability of the club is the most important thing.”
Guardiola has spent heavily in reshaping City’s squad since his arrival from Bayern Munich in July 2016. Last summer alone, he spent more than £200m on five players, with around £120m of that going on three full-backs, in Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy and Danilo.
He said: “We have spent a lot of money, I’m not denying it. The problem is we had to spend a lot to change the oldest squad in the Premier League. That doesn’t happen in one transfer window. We needed more time. Normally we try to be stable with the wages of the players because I think it is good for the team and stability of the club.
“Maybe in the future, more clubs will spend more than £100m on one player like some teams already have. I think the prices next summer will be higher than this winter.”
City remain stretched in attack, with Sergio Aguero their only fit senior centre forward as Gabriel Jesus continues to recover from medial knee ligament damage.
Guardiola, though, has no intention of trying to sign another out-and-out striker, saying that Raheem Sterling can move in from the wing if needed, as he did when City won 2-1 at Manchester United in December.
He said: “We have the two strikers and we do not need another one in that position. Other players can play there in different circumstances. To buy a striker who can only play there: that is not going to happen.
“Raheem can play there. He did at Old Trafford and in the United States in pre-season. He showed me that he can handle that pressure without problems. He’s more of a winger, a number 10, but we are not going to buy a striker.”

MORE BOLLOX LATER
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 am

Cheers Chinners. Nice and early
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:06 am

The news about KDB, which is obviously fantastic, is exactly why we ended the Sanchez pursuit - half a million quid a week is madness, Pogba will be asking for parity now, as will any biggish name they want to bring in - they’ve doomed themselves with this deal I think
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:27 am

KDB's extension certainly makes one bombinate, but I am not so keen on Leroy being compared to Family Man in any way.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:44 am

Dzeko's switch seems strange to me, given his gephyrophobia and that Chelsea play at the one in Stamford
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Very habile choice of words from all and sundry the last couple of days. I'm proper bombinating.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Apparently today is #SquirrelAppreciationDay so might as well chip in with the Daily Bollox classic ....

Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum