Sugar Sugar - City version

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sugar Sugar - City version

Postby lyricalp » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:11 pm

After hearing the scousers singing it last week and getting it stuck in heads up and down the country.
I decided we needed a city version, Love it - Hate it - its all fun and games.
Watch on youtube.com

I want it sang in the south stand :D
lyricalp
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Re: Sugar Sugar - City version

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Love it, but I'm not sure singing is allowed anymore.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby lyricalp » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Love it, but I'm not sure singing is allowed anymore.

I know exactly what you mean mate, Im 2 seats from the away fans behind the net, about 5/6 rows up, and its starting to get on my tits, the lack of singing. a song starts and half way through its dead. its a bit better further towards the back, are we getting into that sing when were mentality?
lyricalp
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 pm

lyricalp wrote:

I know exactly what you mean mate, Im 2 seats from the away fans behind the net, about 5/6 rows up, and its starting to get on my tits, the lack of singing. a song starts and half way through its dead. its a bit better further towards the back, are we getting into that sing when were mentality?

I'm not sure what is happening or why. It's not just us though. My mate is a dipper and he doesn't go anymore as there is no atmosphere. It's the same with the leaving early bit too. It's not long since Klopp said there was only him left in the stadium with 12 minutes left. There is the 1894 group who are trying to encourage singing and the club are working with them. I'm hoping they can help.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby lyricalp » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:51 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
lyricalp wrote:

I'm not sure what is happening or why. It's not just us though. My mate is a dipper and he doesn't go anymore as there is no atmosphere. It's the same with the leaving early bit too. It's not long since Klopp said there was only him left in the stadium with 12 minutes left. There is the 1894 group who are trying to encourage singing and the club are working with them. I'm hoping they can help.

I used to sit in the colin bell stand many moons ago and it was shocking, I used to get shouted at for standing up, swearing, all sorts. the atmosphere in my opinions getting worse, id like to see how they feel they can improve it, a drum certainly isnt the way forward :shock: but you see some of these german fans and think, wow thats a good atmosphere. away days its always there, great atmosphere but at home it just seems to have died off a bit.
Im not gonna lie and say ive never left early because I have, normally around the 90/91st on the basis that otherwise im stuck on that industrial estate for up to an hour if im still there for the whistle, getting out of the car park and through the fans is a joke - still a poor excuse tho, ill hold my hands up
-
lyricalp
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:05 pm

According to City64 there is nothing wrong with the atmosphere....there again, in his defence , he is pissed most of the time he watches so he could be forgiven for hearing things that no one else does.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Careful what you say about the atmosphere chaps... ;)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Teaching my boys all the songs. 6 year old sang his heart out (2 Silvas) at his last game when the rest around us were silent. He wants to go to the South Stand next. You'll seem him there giving it stacks soon : )
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum