FFP 2.0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP 2.0

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 pm

dazby wrote:The allegations are that we have lied and not acted ethically in our financial dealings to comply with FFP.

If it’s not this it will be something else , the old adage of throw enough shit at the wall and some
Will stick . Cunts one and all . They are fuckin
Frightened to death of us .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:35 am

dazby wrote:I hope we are clean on this. The Der Spiegel allegations don't sound good. It would break my heart if we were guilty, but so be it if we were.

I love my club. But, I also want my club to act ethically.

Ethically my arse!
FFP as a principle is unethical, brought in by a cartel to protect their business interests. Name me any other business where an owner is not allowed to invest his own money in his business to help it grow. There's every chance it is breaking European competition laws as well. City, PSG and anyone else affected should batter the arrogant fuckers through the courts to prove the point. I wouldn't be surprised if that was what was threatened last time......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:38 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
dazby wrote:I hope we are clean on this. The Der Spiegel allegations don't sound good. It would break my heart if we were guilty, but so be it if we were.

Ethically my arse!
FFP as a principle is unethical, brought in by a cartel to protect their business interests. Name me any other business where an owner is not allowed to invest his own money in his business to help it grow. There's every chance it is breaking European competition laws as well. City, PSG and anyone else affected should batter the arrogant fuckers through the courts to prove the point. I wouldn't be surprised if that was what was threatened last time......

I think it probably was threatened last time, and that's why Uefa backed off. But like someone's mentioned, because of the press they've been backed in to a corner now and have to be seen to be at least looking in to the "leaks".
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 am

dazby wrote:The allegations are that we have lied and not acted ethically in our financial dealings to comply with FFP.

"Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails. The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record."

The ethical position is to expose FFP as a crude attempt by a contemptible cartel to extort even more TV revenues for themselves by illegal anti-competitive actions against other clubs. FFP is a crock.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 am

Ethically ???? We are dealing with probably the most unethical and corrupt organisation on the planet right now namely UEFA . The club you allegedly support has the power and bollocks to take on these cunts and it’s cartel on you should be proud ffs !!! As has already been said by other posters UEFA know we have their number but unfortunately with our money and power we have enemies who seek to make things difficult for us ....... big business and politics eh !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:14 am

I like the clubs response and it's long overdue. We should go after these cnuts if and when the allegations are proven to be nonsense. We all know it won't stop here though as there are too many in that cosy cartel who cannot compete with us. I hope us and PSG have advised these fuck-wits that this shit has got to stop or we are going to expose them through the courts which will bring the whole thing crashing down
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 am

I hope the club will sue that fucking corrupt octopus that is called UEFA.

Fucking incredible how bent they really are.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 am

City64 wrote:

Ethically ???? We are dealing with probably the most unethical and corrupt organisation on the planet right now namely UEFA . The club you allegedly support has the power and bollocks to take on these cunts and it’s cartel on you should be proud ffs !!! As has already been said by other posters UEFA know we have their number but unfortunately with our money and power we have enemies who seek to make things difficult for us ....... big business and politics eh !

I wouldn't deny that C64. I do like City's response also. Sad thing is though football was a great game. At least it was when I was playing and at kids and grassroots level it still is the best and easiest game to get going. All you need is a bit of space and a ball. No fancy gear or equipment needed. That's why it's so loved universally.
But they're turning it into Corporate power struggles, battles in the courtroom? It's not a sport it's an industry with power struggles more akin to Multi-national big business than a game between two teams. There are so many influences that have a stake in making money out of it that you can't avoid corruption.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:44 am

"Don't take any guff from those swine . . . "
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 am

The silliest thing about this is the predictability. It started this autumn when we looked unbeatable, got quiet when Liverpool looked like there were going to run away with it, only to start again as soon as we're back on top. The media are playing the pipes and UEFA are dancing along.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Outcast » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 am

mr_nool wrote:The silliest thing about this is the predictability. It started this autumn when we looked unbeatable, got quiet when Liverpool looked like there were going to run away with it, only to start again as soon as we're back on top. The media are playing the pipes and UEFA are dancing along.

I've been saying that all along, I find it astonishing whenever we are on top these allegations resurface. The fucking dipping cunts are calling for points deduction, those scrounging benefit fraudsters taking the high morale ground. We could give them a 10 point lead from this point and they'll still fuck it up :lol:
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:59 am

mr_nool wrote:The silliest thing about this is the predictability. It started this autumn when we looked unbeatable, got quiet when Liverpool looked like there were going to run away with it, only to start again as soon as we're back on top. The media are playing the pipes and UEFA are dancing along.

I’m
Expecting a more robust rendition of the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOing City anthem next week.

Pep should keep shtum.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 pm

I think this is a way for UEFA to close this down, they are under pressure from various league and clubs to do something about City.
By announcing and carrying out an investigation, then ultimately finding nothing, they can clear City’s name and sign this off once and for all.
The media would have to be careful what they print after City are cleared, there would be legal pitfalls, all this could then be next weeks chip paper. Hopefully my evaluation is correct, but will take time, some knuckle dragging journo in the Mail said we could be banned from next years CL. This is nonsense for example the investigation has to be seen to take time, and, in the unlikely event of us failing, any legal appeal process could take years, meanwhile the status quo would be maintained That is continued participation of CL happy days bring it on :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Outcast » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I think this is a way for UEFA to close this down, they are under pressure from various league and clubs to do something about City.
By announcing and carrying out an investigation, then ultimately finding nothing, they can clear City’s name and sign this off once and for all.
The media would have to be careful what they print after City are cleared, there would be legal pitfalls, all this could then be next weeks chip paper. Hopefully my evaluation is correct, but will take time, some knuckle dragging journo in the Mail said we could be banned from next years CL. This is nonsense for example the investigation has to be seen to take time, and, in the unlikely event of us failing, any legal appeal process could take years, meanwhile the status quo would be maintained That is continued participation of CL happy days bring it on :lol:

We could go out and spend £600m while being investigated just to piss off the haters, by time they find us guilty, we should stock pile trophies denying media darlings any chance of winning anything
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I wonder who the purported 12 clubs are who are planning to write to the FA according to those bastions of morals at the bbc re our alleged breach?
I'll bet they're not planning anymore following our response - fucking rags and scouse shit stirrers
salford city

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:45 pm

salford city wrote:I wonder who the purported 12 clubs are who are planning to write to the FA according to those bastions of morals at the bbc re our alleged breach?
I'll bet they're not planning anymore following our response - fucking rags and scouse shit stirrers

So 12 clubs are writing to the FA to get us investigated?? Absolute shithouse cunts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:46 pm

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:I wonder who the purported 12 clubs are who are planning to write to the FA according to those bastions of morals at the bbc re our alleged breach?

So 12 clubs are writing to the FA to get us investigated?? Absolute shithouse cunts.

Investigated for what? The Sancho payment allegations?
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Investigate for FP breaches. They want the Premier League to take action vs City (aka strip title and wins probably) if UEFA find us guilty. FFP only really governs european competition so now the fellow league clubs want the FA to step in and sanction City domestically.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Investigate for FP breaches. They want the Premier League to take action vs City (aka strip title and wins probably) if UEFA find us guilty. FFP only really governs european competition so now the fellow league clubs want the FA to step in and sanction City domestically.

What pisses me off the most is that there was none of this when the rags were ruling the roost. All the rest of the premier with a couple of exceptions, bent over and said nothing whilst the rags raped them for their better players - Keane, Ferdinand, rooney etc. It"s dirty and shady as fuck and I think it's about time we came off the moral high ground and started bashing skulls and putting these goons in their place. We are not privy to what is going on behind the scenes but I hope we are putting the shits up these gossip mongers
salford city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Investigate for FP breaches. They want the Premier League to take action vs City (aka strip title and wins probably) if UEFA find us guilty. FFP only really governs european competition so now the fellow league clubs want the FA to step in and sanction City domestically.

Won’t happen. FA can’t apply sanctions for rules that don’t apply to the English game. It would be PL not FA anyway for points, who have their own, laxer, FFP policy. Idiots.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum