FFP 2.0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP 2.0

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:51 am

Khaldoon strikes back!!
He's pulled the plug on the UAE sponsorship of Real Madrid. Tebas will be getting lots of fan mail from them :D :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nabeu.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:32 am

Just an observation, but I remember a time when being a football fan was uncomplicated and the most important stuff was played on the pitch between two sets of eleven players, with usually the best team winning.
Newspaper reports were all about managers, tactics and players and the success of a club was wholly measured by who won onthe pitch andwho picked up the trophies at the end of the season.
The banter between fans was was won or lost by which club had the better team.

How times have changed. Since the shady machinations of the old G14 began in the 1980s and football became the plaything of financiers, investors, multigloba sponsors, the main and defining arena of combat has shifted into the boardroom.

The main area of concern for the owners has not been garnering points to lift pots but to strategise investments, to ring fence their income streams from financial competition or conserve funds by buying lesser players, yet reaping higher profits...al la Arsenal.

This isn't football, it has been hijacked, even I now eagerly await the publishing of the Deloitte Rich List and celebrate City being at the top of the Soccerex Global Financial Muscle League.

Now another City victory where not one single player has even had to put his boots on...An Abble Dabble investment fund has pulled the plug on a huge deal with Real Madrid...... CITY 1-0 REAL MADRID......and Aguero never even scored.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Khaldoon strikes back!!
He's pulled the plug on the UAE sponsorship of Real Madrid. Tebas will be getting lots of fan mail from them :D :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nabeu.html

Wouldn’t mind testing them for Isco now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:25 pm

mr_nool wrote:The one worrying thing in this new FFP outline that could really hurt us is the proposed limitation on number of players you can have on your books.
We have spent a lot of money on our academy and the business idea is to a big extent based on us loaning out the graduates to give them experience and to put them in the shopping window. I guess one work around could be to sell them cheaply to lower league clubs with big sell-on clauses, but I do think the club prefers to keep the players longer to have bigger control of their development.

I think we'll be left with an EDS squad that's big enough to keep the ones we want. The current 30+ youth players out on loan is just too many.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:27 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:The one worrying thing in this new FFP outline that could really hurt us is the proposed limitation on number of players you can have on your books.
We have spent a lot of money on our academy and the business idea is to a big extent based on us loaning out the graduates to give them experience and to put them in the shopping window. I guess one work around could be to sell them cheaply to lower league clubs with big sell-on clauses, but I do think the club prefers to keep the players longer to have bigger control of their development.

I think we'll be left with an EDS squad that's big enough to keep the ones we want.

They need game time against "real" teams in real matches against adults as well to develop.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Well here was Khaldoon's reaction to UEFA using FFP to stop any new team from threatening the establishment:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:31 pm

bigblue wrote:Well here was Khaldoon's reaction to UEFA using FFP to stop any new team from threatening the establishment:

I remember him saying, City should be judged by our business model which he would put up against anything in world sport. Where we are today is down to our club and this man's vision. UEFA are as bent as a nine bob note and everybody know's it. How many CEO of the G14 have achieved what we have.. We should be along with PSG be applauded for breaking up the cartel.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Here's my email to Der Spiegel today about their article describing us as a "mediocre East Manchester club" and their reply -

Betreff: Football Leaks: Manchester City Exposed Bending The Rules etc
Datum: 5. November 2018 um 15:25:32 MEZ
An: "rafael.buschmann@spiegel.de"

Hi Rafael,

Having read the above article a couple of questions for you if I may:

1. Why do you think UEFA introduced the new financial constraints on Man City and other emerging clubs in a way that didn’t affect the existing elite clubs?
2. Do you think that the final outcome in terms of the fines levied for breaking the rules was the product of a negotiated settlement process built into FFP?

Kind Regards,
Johnny Crossan

Sent: 05 November 2018 15:04
To: Buschmann, Rafael;
Subject: Re: Football Leaks: Manchester City Exposed Bending The Rules etc

Hi Johnny,

Rafa forwarded your request to me. I hope I understand your questions correctly, let me know if you have further questions.
1. When Uefa introduced the new Financial Fair Play regulation, they were aiming at two goals: 1. To prevent clubs from falling into debt and having problems paying bills, 2. To maintain competitive balance. The latter had been challenged by huge spendings made by nouveau riche clubs like Abu-Dhabi-backed ManCity and Qatar-backed PSG.
2. Uefa rules say that the Investigatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body has the power to negotiate settlements with the clubs. If they don’t come to an agreement, they can forward the case to the Adjudicatory Chamber, and they can impose a sanction. In the case of PSG, even Brian Quinn, the Chief Investigator of the Investigatory Chamber, was uncomfortable with the very favorable terms that the club would get. But Gianni Infantino apparently pushed the deal through, acting as Uefa’s Secretary General behind the Chamber’s back. The full story you can read here: http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 36414.html

Best
Christoph
Redakteur
DER SPIEGEL Ericusspitze 1 20457 Hamburg Tel: +49 40 3007-2340 Mobil: +49 151 644 263 74
christoph.winterbach@spiegel.de PGP-ID: 68496C19
FingerPrint: 32B6 FE50 1B09 400A E9BE 4C13 6A96 72E2 6849 6C19
SPIEGEL-Verlag Rudolf Augstein GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz und Registergericht Hamburg
HRA 61755. Komplementärin Rudolf Augstein GmbH, Sitz und Registerbereich Hamburg
HRB 13105, Geschäftsführer Thomas Hass

All suggestions welcome for my reply?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:21 pm

you definitely need to mention the war
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:26 pm

who or what the f*ck is this der speigel and how are they being allowed to defame our club to this unprecedecented level?? btw, i see daily fail has now gleefully run with it as their leading story, the c*nts.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:who or what the f*ck is this der speigel and how are they being allowed to defame our club to this unprecedecented level?? btw, i see daily fail has now gleefully run with it as their leading story, the c*nts.

german for the mirror. ‘nuf said
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:who or what the f*ck is this der speigel and how are they being allowed to defame our club to this unprecedecented level?? btw, i see daily fail has now gleefully run with it as their leading story, the c*nts.

german for the mirror. ‘nuf said

fair enough but i think the club will need to address this quickly before it gains traction.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:40 pm

johnny crossan wrote:2. To maintain competitive balance. The latter had been challenged by huge spendings made by nouveau riche clubs like Abu-Dhabi-backed ManCity and Qatar-backed PSG.

This says it all to me. There is nothing in FFP that helps maintain competition. It helps to maintain the current order. Imagine if Celta Vigo have the next Messi come through their academy. Can they persuade him to stay by paying him massive wages? Not if they want to abide by FFP.

I would ask him what makes huge spending by PSG & City different to huge spending from Chelsea (Putin backed oligarch), the scum (heavily debt leveraged takeover), Real Madrid (Spanish government), the dippers (American sports investment conglomerate), Bayern Munich (Adidas, Audi, and Allianz), Juventus (Fiat), or any of the other big clubs? Is past success a fair metric to determine home much clubs can spend going forward? Does that not limit competitiveness to the current handful of successful clubs? Overall, what makes some people's money more valid than others?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:52 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:you definitely need to mention the war

Both wars...and the 66 world cup.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Here's my penpal currently being retweeted

Thanks for all your suggestions so far - I see the story has now been taken up by our national broadcaster with the headline visible on their Football page constructed so you just see
Man City: Uefa 'deceived' over FFP regulations:
leaving out 'claims Der Spiegel'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport - they already covered these lies last Friday and have now resurrected it - but not the allegations about the scum, dippers or arsenal - utterly contemptible bias
the banned Dan Roan now retweeting this rag employee's effluent - what are the odds on Gill as the source?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Here's my penpal currently being retweeted

Thanks for all your suggestions so far - I see the story has now been taken up by our national broadcaster with the headline visible on their Football page constructed so you just see
Man City: Uefa 'deceived' over FFP regulations:
leaving out 'claims Der Spiegel'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport - they already covered these lies last Friday and have now resurrected it - but not the allegations about the scum, dippers or arsenal - utterly contemptible bias
the banned Dan Roan now retweeting this rag employee's effluent - what are the odds on Gill as the source?

I hope we go at these Cunts Guns Blazing ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:36 pm

PSG have started legal proceedings against UEFA tonight according to the BBC.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 pm

City64 wrote:PSG have started legal proceedings against UEFA tonight according to the BBC.

Here we go - the call has come - form an orderly queue please :lol: :lol:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... legations/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dimples » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Our setup must be even better than we suspected i.e. academy, young players, business model, etc...
Our rivals are prepared to try take us down anyway they can - no shame whatsoever.

They look like they are absolutely terrified.
I thought we were good, from many angles, but we must be in a position to dominate for many years.
That is the only answer that makes sense.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Martin Samuel tells it as it is
Forget Manchester City, the real villain here is a self-serving scam called 'Financial Fair Play'
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness' criticism of Man City's finances is comical
City owner Sheikh Mansour is accused of paying for inflated sponsorship deals
But the villain is Financial Fair Play, which has ruined Serie A and Bundesliga

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Play.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum