FFP 2.0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP 2.0

Postby mr_nool » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:46 am

van der Saar doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:This is potentially a game changer if true
https://www.marca.com/en/football/inter ... b45d6.html

That's good to read and confirms what we already know. Note that we had been added to the list of those that were reported as being the architect of the breakaway where that confirms we had no input whatsoever and it was purely down to the cartel clubs led by KHR.

I can see more coming out in respect of the attack on certain clubs (ours being the main one) with Bayern et al being the main targets.

Indeed, it's all been out there for a week now, ready to be run with by our rag parasite infested media - even with the Marca reprise still nobody has picked it up yet, which tells us what we already know - City is their main target as per standing instructions
- we are simply hated for being better - time for the club to call in their lawyers.

"Real Madrid then chose to follow a path that was rather unusual in the world of ego-driven, competitive football: Together with six other top clubs, the Spaniards assembled a kind of task force that would look into the establishment of a Super League. In the months that followed, Real, FC Bayern Munich, Juventus Turin, FC Barcelona, Manchester United, London-based Arsenal FC and AC Milan would go behind the backs of UEFA and the other clubs to work together to also develop an option for leaving the national leagues and their football associations behind entirely.

Seven competitors, organized in a cartel-like structure, were now exploring how they could nullify the established competitions. Competitions from which they had done quite well up to that Point.

The Secret Society

It was on behalf of this secret society that Bayern Munich's chief legal counsel, Michael Gerlinger, sent his initial email to the law firm of Cleary Gottlieb in February 2016. He received a response only 18 minutes later, with one of the lawyers offering him a phone call. A few hours later, Gerlinger sent another email to the lawyers, this time with a clear assignment. "As you can see (...), we have basically 3 different break-away options," he wrote, before listing them out: to leave the European competitions or to completely back out of the national leagues and their associations. Gerlinger divided the last point into two scenarios for two differing points in time.

The remainder of the email consisted of questions that were meant to assess the legal implications of such a departure -- questions that challenged the fundamental values of the European football community:

Could the Super League clubs be held liable for any loss of revenue at UEFA?
Would the clubs still be required to allow their players to play for national teams after leaving UEFA?
Could the associations or leagues penalize players for participating in the Super League?
Could players have their contracts annulled if their club switched to a private Super League?
A meeting of the ECA club alliance took place in Paris just six days after Gerlinger's email, with more than 140 high-ranking representatives of top European football clubs gathering to discuss FIFA, UEFA and a possible reform of the Champions League. According to the minutes of the meeting, ECA Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge stated that the ECA and UEFA were striving for an "evolution of the competitions."To this end, he added, there would be an "exchange of ideas ... at different levels" and a few "informal working groups" would address the issue.

Rummenigge seems to be a true master when it comes to trivializing important information. The fact that he also possesses a high degree of moral flexibility can be seen by his dig against the global association: "FIFA needs a transparent, democratic and efficient structure with a new vision. (...) FIFA, as an umbrella organization, needs to ensure from the top that the basic virtues of football, fair play and seriousness are preserved."

Transparency. Democracy.Fair play. Seriousness.

Even as Rummenigge was spouting his flowery rhetoric, the international law firm was busy examining on behalf of Bayern legal counsel Gerlinger the possibilities for doing away with everything that the ECA was trying to reform.
The lawyers needed about a month for their initial analysis. On March 1, 2016, Bayern Munich received a confidential memorandum that provides a perfect illustration of the ability of top lawyers in modern football to expose every single legal loophole.
In the 23-page document, they enumerated the legal hurdles for the foundation of a Super League. They noted that neither UEFA nor FIFA could seriously penalize the top clubs for withdrawing as this would represent a fundamental violation of "EU competition law." The lawyers then moved on to a so-called Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which the ECA had signed with UEFA in 2015.They noted, however, that this agreement on objectives was not binding because the MoU, in which the clubs committed themselves to UEFA and its competitions, was not signed by the individual clubs but only by the ECA umbrella association.

The fact that it was Gerlinger himself who had taken a leading role in negotiating this MoU with UEFA -- and received a bonus of 25,000 euros from the ECA for doing so -- makes the double-dealing that much more grotesque.

The international law firm's assessment provided the top clubs with numerous arguments to protect themselves and their players from possible lawsuits by associations, leagues and competing clubs. But the lawyers also anticipated some problems if the clubs were to withdraw from their national associations: On the one hand, the clubs would likely still have to continue to allow players to play for the national team because the World Cup and the European Championship enables players to "increase their value (and salary)." Denying players that opportunity could quickly result in a lawsuit.

On the other hand, Bayern Munich in particular would face a serious problem if it were to withdraw from the Bundesliga. Player contracts in Germany contain a clause that binds them exclusively to the Bundesliga. Should FC Bayern Munich actually take the step of leaving the league, the lawyers argued, the players could possibly terminate their contracts unilaterally and switch to other teams without transfer fees. A nightmare scenario that could result in the loss of hundreds of millions of euros for the team from Munich.

But the Bavarians didn't seem to be particularly deterred. In the following months, they would continue working together with the other conspirators, their expensive lawyers and high-profile investors on a possible solution to the problems."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 36447.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:16 pm

And the above is why I feel that it's actually UEFA that have leaked this information. On the face of it you'd say that City had done a lot of things wrong, but that's only if you believe the way the media have skewed the info. The reality is that there is no smoking gun that we all expected, all we seen extra was some of the ways we got around the subject of FFP, which was the only way we could, legally. So, no real problem there with the leaks just giving context of the UEFA statement that we aren't broke any regulations and those that were we were then sanctioned for.

The part about the breakaway though is of much more interest, proving that the cartel blackmail UEFA into whatever position (monetary value) they want. This is the real story and if it was to come to fruition there should be uproar from the rest of the league's that they have just sold out for their own gain. This is a shot across the cartels bow and I wouldn't be too surprised if we already knew about it, it was just the way the info has been abused by the media is our concern.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:33 pm

There is a lot of talk on forums about other agendas and conspiracy theories, however, these matters seem to be escaping the attention of the English media, who, from what I can see are still pushing a anti City agenda, hoping for some punishment, but, if that doesn’t happen happy to tarnish our achievements and therefore damage the club.
Make no mistake there are some dark anti City forces out there. It’s no use all getting hard ons thinking it’s a diversion while they arrange a bigger league.
The real agenda is to destabilise our club, looks like they are on their way to achieving this, given the amount of forensic accountants springing up everywhere :oops:
Last edited by Harry Dowd scored on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:There is a lot of talk on forums about other agendas and conspiracy theories, however, these matters seem to be escaping the attention of the English media, who, from what I can see are still pushing a anti City agenda, hoping for some punishment, but, if that doesn’t happen happy to tarnish our achievements and therefore damage the club.
Make no mistake there are some dark anti City forces out there. It’s no use all getting hard ons thinking it’s a diversion while they arrange a bigger league.
The real agenda is to destabilise our club, looks like they are on their way to achieving this, given the amount of forensic accounts springing up everywhere :oops:

Is there any forensic evidence on the forensics though ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:48 pm

No
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:There is a lot of talk on forums about other agendas and conspiracy theories, however, these matters seem to be escaping the attention of the English media, who, from what I can see are still pushing a anti City agenda, hoping for some punishment, but, if that doesn’t happen happy to tarnish our achievements and therefore damage the club.
The real agenda is to destabilise our club, looks like they are on their way to achieving this, given the amount of forensic accounts springing up everywhere :oops:

Of course it is there to tarnish our club as it's the way the media have put it across and I have no doubt at all that the underlying current has been served up by the cartel that run the ECA. The likes of Bayern, Real, Barca, Rags et al all have something to gain and nothing to lose so why wouldn't they take the chance to knock us off our perch in order to make more money. The game is no longer about prestige for the boardrooms, it's all about the wonger and whether it be the PL or CL, we've cost all of them at some point. Then you've got to look at how strong on the pitch the cartel are and you'll see the majority are having problems, falling down their leagues or looking to having to give their squads a huge injection of funds to attract the top players.

We all know what it's about, the cartel crying wolf about us circumventing their immoral FFP rules with our immoral payments to cover the excess that was forced upon us. So, we immorally inflated our sponsorships to overcome their immoral rules. Seems to me that we can call it all square as if they hadn't tried to stop us in such a way then we wouldn't have had to take countermeasures to cover our arse.

Fuck 'em, and that goes for all the faux indignant cartel members from the Premier and Champions League. If other fans are so gullible to take in the media narrative then they're not even worth debating with.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:No

:D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Seen a decent article in the Daily Mail, of all places:

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Seen a decent article in the Daily Mail, of all places:

OK I give up - which Daily Mail? ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

I'm Glad They Found a Way To Beat a Bent System

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

"In that world, the smaller clubs know their place, they do not get ideas above their station. In that world, the smaller clubs have defined limits to their ambitions. I hate that philosophy. It stands for everything I abhor in the modern game. It stands for complacency and it stands for greed and it stands for entitlement"

Well said that Mr. Holt, I couldn't agree more.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

"In that world, the smaller clubs know their place, they do not get ideas above their station. In that world, the smaller clubs have defined limits to their ambitions. I hate that philosophy. It stands for everything I abhor in the modern game. It stands for complacency and it stands for greed and it stands for entitlement"

shame him and samuels aren't on the sunday supplement tomorrow, instead we have to listen (and look at) this bunch of cunts....

allyson fucking rudd!!!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

I don't normally click on this right-wing shit but one thing is noticeable in that piece, Holt seems to be the only football writer who knows the difference between circumvent and circumnavigate.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

shame him and samuels aren't on the sunday supplement tomorrow, instead we have to listen (and look at) this bunch of cunts....

allyson fucking rudd!!!!

Pitt Brooke wrote a piece backing City, haven't read it yet but saw him getting a bit of flak for it on Twitter.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

I don't normally click on this right-wing shit but one thing is noticeable in that piece, Holt seems to be the only football writer who knows the difference between circumvent and circumnavigate.

What I liked about it was, just like S Martin, he pointed out why FFP was brought about. We all said at the time what it was all about and this goes to prove the disbelievers.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

What I liked about it was, just like S Martin, he pointed out why FFP was brought about. We all said at the time what it was all about and this goes to prove the disbelievers.

Holt and Samuel have never hated us, so they have no axe to grind as far as the club goes.The rest of these degenerates promulgate the Establishment line (re FFP) and will go to hell (or Old Trafford as it's now known) when they die.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Outcast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:18 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Whoops:

allyson fucking rudd!!!!

I wouldnt waste a cum stain on that bitch. She's just evil.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:30 am

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/col ... 73463.html

This one's pretty good too, looking at the bigger picture.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:12 pm

"It boggles the mind that a club run so well in some spheres could -- if the allegations are true -- have been run in a way that was so craven, cynical, sneaky and downright stupid in others."

Marcotti shows his true colours after initially writing a supportive article in The Times - part of the Der Spiegel coven paying the leaker -

"Football needs transparency. The first set of Football Leaks documents reminded us of this. This new batch does nothing of the sort. It simply chronicles past events of which most we were already aware. It might be amusing, but it’s distinctly lightweight."

What changed I wonder?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum