FFP 2.0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP 2.0

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:14 am

(part 2)

Domestically in the last few seasons, the almost guaranteed hegemony of the old order has been ruptured. City consistantly and Spurs occasionally taking qualification places, we have seen the rags, Chelsea, Liverpool and (this season) Arsenal (probably) failing to qualify for the CL.
It is a situation that the owners of these politically powerful clubs cannot counternance under any circumstance. Failure to qualify for the CL hits match revenues, TV revenues, commercial sales and can also cause penalties to their sponsorship revenues.

While we sit chuckling at City's current 12pts Prem lead, 2 games away from winning the Carabao Cup. the liklihooh of progressing in the FA Cup, being favourites to win this season's CL, added to being number one in the Soccerex financial index and our commercial rise, our CFA facilities and the success of our Academy teams, the increasing global spread of the CFG into New York, Melbourne, Yokahama and others, the owners of those other clubs have decided to reel us back in.

Conte, Maureen, Wenger et al have all made disparaging, (though untrue) comments about City in recent weeks, seen as insulting at the time but in hindsight probably, in the knowledge of the current shite that was due to emanate from UeFA this week.

The Deloitte figures for last season show the rags remain £126.7M ahead of us in revenues, Madrid £126.2M, Barca £103.6M and Bayern only £51.6M.
City sit 5th in the Deloitte top 10 ahead of 6th) Arsenal £34M behind, 7th) PSG £35.7M behind, 8th) Chelsea £85.7M behind, 9th) Liverpool £89M behind,10th) Juventus £104.9 behind.

There is no doubt that these proposals have been under planning for some time and our owners would be well aware of them. I note that quite a number of players have been offered new contracts very recently. An obvious move to amortise their fees over a longer period, giving City more financial leeway, aqs well as securing player stability.
Our massive rise rise in commercial activity plus the rewards of this season to come will lessen the damage of the nett spend rule. It could also have been behind our withdrawal from the Van Dyjk and Sanchez deals. And as we have a stable, young squad plus the likes of Foden, Diaz and possibly others coming through, our near future player spending should be lower. We should ride the nett spend rule without too much trouble.

I see little problem with the squad limitaqtion to 25 pros. That is how it currently stands with youth players being discounted.

Our main problem will be the 'Related Parties' sponsorship deals. Our argument that Etihad and Etisalaat were independent companies was discounted in FFP 1, Related Parties' is not a matter of fact, it is a matter of opinion by those auditing City's accounts. It was the devaluing of our related sponsorship deals by David Gill that caused us to failthe FFPrs when they were introduced.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 am

Enjoyed that John, cheers pal. All very true and they will do anything to protect their investment. In their eyes we have come in off the back of their hard work over the years and now taking their money.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby steelsnail » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am

Very good read john68.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:21 am

Good stuff as always john.

I'd imagine you'll still get stick from the "fingers in the ears" brigade, but the fact remains these obstacles have been thrown in front of us in the recent past and looks like it is about to happen again.

There is quite a lot of managers taking every opportunity to speak about spending in their interviews, so that's obviously a combined club policy at the minute.
Original Dub

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:Good stuff as always john.

I'd imagine you'll still get stick from the "fingers in the ears" brigade, but the fact remains these obstacles have been thrown in front of us in the recent past and looks like it is about to happen again.

There is quite a lot of managers taking every opportunity to speak about spending in their interviews, so that's obviously a combined club policy at the minute.

Why would he get stick for a well thought out written piece. He has laid out some very interesting points and not tried to ram his opinion down peoples throats or ridiculed anyone who disagrees with any of the points raised, unlike you.

The bigger cohort of clubs will always hold the power when negotiating with UEFA because without them the competitions just dont exist. However that cohort will not always agree as a cohesive unit. United will not always vote for something that will damage themselves just to help out Liverpool or Arsenal.

At the end of the day, the people making the decision to break away will be the clubs owners. It would be a huge financial gamble to risk the cash cow that they all currently enjoy. However unpalatable it may be, we NEED a voice at that table.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

Why would he get stick for a well thought out written piece. He has laid out some very interesting points and not tried to ram his opinion down peoples throats or ridiculed anyone who disagrees with any of the points raised, unlike you.

The bigger cohort of clubs will always hold the power when negotiating with UEFA because without them the competitions just dont exist. However that cohort will not always agree as a cohesive unit. United will not always vote for something that will damage themselves just to help out Liverpool or Arsenal.

At the end of the day, the people making the decision to break away will be the clubs owners. It would be a huge financial gamble to risk the cash cow that they all currently enjoy. However unpalatable it may be, we NEED a voice at that table.

Agreed, althou it didn't end up being a gamble when the same clubs formed the Premiership (us included)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Chinners wrote:

Agreed, althou it didn't end up being a gamble when the same clubs formed the Premiership (us included)

Us included, true, but they had us over a barrel, didn't they?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:59 pm

We could have voted no. As I said earlier, Swales was well up for it as he fucled up a couple of our other revenue streams
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:17 pm

You're the fucking idiot who started banging on that goals being close to the woodwork weren't good finishes etc... then disappeared?

Excuse me for not taking you seriously, but I tend to that with arse clowns like you.
Original Dub

Postby Bluedj » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:And some CUNTS out there wonder why we continue to BOO the fucking CL anthem.

Will the penny ever ever ever drop for some of these cunts out there that do not believe there is a HUGE AGENDA from UEFA and JOURNALISTS regarding our club, more so than any other club on this planet!!

The home game against BASLE , the BOOING noise should be fuckign deafening....Ill be ready on my sofa..with my laptop within shouting distance.

It's the most obvious agenda I've ever seen in football and there is absolutely no helping those who can't see it at this stage.

The thing is, if you can admit that there is an obvious agenda within European Football's governing body and within the British media, then how can you not think this would have an influence on the general public, of which the likes of game officials are part of?

I don't think there's wide spread corruption in the officiating of premier league matches - of course there has been and will continue to be some level of corruption; I'm big enough at this stage to know that wherever there is huge amounts of money there is corruption - but the constant tarnishing of Manchester City as the enemy of football has created clear bias in the last few years. I think that's fair enough to say.

This season, after the first 3 games in which we were fucked over several times, something happened and we've had a fair crack of the whip over all. We've been a few years waiting for this, so it's fantastic to see how far ahead we are when a level playing field is introduced.

The problem is that it will not be allowed to last. If we continue to be officiated anything close to being deemed as fair, then we will be hit financially, in order to let the old guard win titles.

I think given what has happen over the last 8 or 9 years, I might be on to something?

We were onto something years ago pal , even now , after all the fucking evidence ,you still have some people with their hands over their ears or covering their eyes like its not happening.

The truth, more often than not , finds a way of rising above the lies and deceit.

Taken from: The history of Man City

http://spartacus-educational.com/FmanchesterC.htm

In the 1903-04 season Manchester City finished in second place in the First Division. They also had a good FA Cup run defeating Sunderland (3-2), Arsenal (2-0), Middlesbrough (3-1) and Sheffield Wednesday (3-0). Manchester City played Bolton Wanderers in the final at Crystal Palace. The only goal of the game was scored by Billy Meredith.

The Football Association was amazed by Manchester City's rapid improvement and that summer they decided to carry out an investigation into the way the club was being run. However, the officials only discovered some minor irregularities and no case was brought against the club.

The following season Manchester City again challenged for the championship. City needed to beat Aston Villa on the final day of the season. Sandy Turnbull gave Alec Leake, the Villa captain, a torrid time during the game. Leake threw some mud at him and he responded with a two-fingered gesture. Leake then punched Turnbull. According to some journalists, at the end of the game, Turnbull was dragged into the Villa dressing-room and beaten-up. Villa won the game 3-1 and Manchester City finished third, two points behind Newcastle United.

After the game Alec Leake claimed that Billy Meredith had offered him £10 to throw the game. Meredith was found guilty of this offence by the Football Association and was fined and suspended from playing football for a year. Manchester City refused to provide financial help for Meredith and so he decided to go public about what really was going on at the club: "What was the secret of the success of the Manchester City team? In my opinion, the fact that the club put aside the rule that no player should receive more than four pounds a week... The team delivered the goods, the club paid for the goods delivered and both sides were satisfied."

The Football Association was now forced to carry out another investigation into the financial activities of Manchester City. Tom Maley was interviewed and he admitted that he had followed what seemed like standard English practice by making additional payments to all their players. He claimed that if all First Division clubs were investigated, not four would come out "scatheless".

As a result of their investigation, the Football Association suspended Tom Maley from football for life. Seventeen players were fined and suspended until January 1907. Billy Gillespie refused to pay his fine and instead emigrated to the United States.

As Gary James pointed out in Manchester City: The Complete Record: "Basically, the entire squad that had finished as FA Cup-winners in 1904 and narrowly missed out on the Championship two years running were banned. This brought a premature end to City's first golden age."

Journalists were aware that virtually every club in the Football League was making illegal payments to its players. Football writers based in Manchester argued that the club, being a northern side, were being made an example of, and thousands of people complained to the Football Association, but it refused to reduce the bans and fines.

Manchester City was forced to sell their players in order to raise the money to pay the fines. At an auction at the Queen's Hotel in Manchester, the Manchester United manager, Ernest Mangnal signed Billy Meredith for only £500. While at City he scored 145 goals in 338 games. Mangnal also purchased three other talented members of the City side, Herbert Burgess, Sandy Turnbull and Jimmy Bannister. In 1906 John Henry Davies, the chairman of Manchester United, provided the funds for Meredith to set up a sports-equipment shop in St Peter's Square, Manchester.

Harry Newbould was appointed as the new manager in July 1906. As a result of the bans and transfers, there were only 11 players available. The first two games in the 1906-07 season resulted in to heavy defeats at the hands of Arsenal (4-1) and Everton (9-1). Manchester City finished 4th from bottom that season. Irvine Thornley ended up as the club's top scorer with 13 goals in 29 games. Billy Jones was second in the list with 11 goals in 27 games.

Manchester City finished in 3rd place in the 1907-08 season. However, Manchester United, a team that included City's former stars, Billy Meredith, Herbert Burgess, Sandy Turnbull and Jimmy Bannister won the league championship. Once again Irvine Thornley was the club's top scorer with 14 goals in 31 games.

**** Proof the rags benefited from the f@@king FA
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:

You're the fucking idiot who started banging on that goals being close to the woodwork weren't good finishes etc... then disappeared?

Excuse me for not taking you seriously, but I tend to that with arse clowns like you.

I didnt disappear, i'm just not on here contributing to treads every single day. I engaged in that conversation and my opinion is still the same but lo and behold since it is different than yours, I'm an "Arse Clown".
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm

It's not a different opinion you mad bastard, it's just nonsense. There's a difference.

It's like me a saying I don't really believe in gravity and I'm entitled to my opinion. Silly shit all together and as bad as another "opinion" that tap ins don't count.

Have a think next time before you start throwing stones
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Conte continuing the latest trend...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-11902722
Original Dub

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Funny enough I thought we pulled out because of his wages as well
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dimples » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 pm

Bit ironic for a Chelsea person to be talking about buying the title considering their track record.

But Abramovich does seem to have closed his purse.
Anybody have any ideas why?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 am

Dimples wrote:Bit ironic for a Chelsea person to be talking about buying the title considering their track record.

But Abramovich does seem to have closed his purse.
Anybody have any ideas why?

Ask Putin.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 am

Hmmm Chelsea can't compete with the wages we pay.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 am

I can't think of another business where investment and staff numbers are restricted. I can think of plenty though where the strong band together to keep newcomers out. That's called a cartel isn't it and is illegal if too obvious, like publishing rules of the trade that are designed to keep newcomers out.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:10 am

Original Dub wrote:Conte continuing the latest trend...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-11902722

That's Conte trying to cling onto his own job and manage-down the expectations of Chelsea fans.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:26 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Hmmm Chelsea can't compete with the wages we pay.

Honestly amazed that Stoke's best-paid player is only on 65K. I'd have thought they were hemorrhaging wages considering their signings over the past couple of seasons.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum