FFP 2.0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP 2.0

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:30 am

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/col ... 73463.html

This one's pretty good too, looking at the bigger picture.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:12 pm

"It boggles the mind that a club run so well in some spheres could -- if the allegations are true -- have been run in a way that was so craven, cynical, sneaky and downright stupid in others."

Marcotti shows his true colours after initially writing a supportive article in The Times - part of the Der Spiegel coven paying the leaker -

"Football needs transparency. The first set of Football Leaks documents reminded us of this. This new batch does nothing of the sort. It simply chronicles past events of which most we were already aware. It might be amusing, but it’s distinctly lightweight."

What changed I wonder?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:30 pm

I've decided to ignore the media, the more I read about it the more it pisses me off, its not so much the media's bullshit, the sheep out there refuse to acknowledge the driven agenda. I'm just going to enjoy the football, I will not let them take away what we achieved so far, fuck them all.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

"It boggles the mind that a club run so well in some spheres could -- if the allegations are true -- have been run in a way that was so craven, cynical, sneaky and downright stupid in others."

Marcotti shows his true colours after initially writing a supportive article in The Times - part of the Der Spiegel coven paying the leaker -

"Football needs transparency. The first set of Football Leaks documents reminded us of this. This new batch does nothing of the sort. It simply chronicles past events of which most we were already aware. It might be amusing, but it’s distinctly lightweight."

What changed I wonder?

Fuck that fat piece of shit Marcotti, he blocked me on Twitter for me calling him out on his bullshit a couple of years ago.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:49 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

What changed I wonder?

Fuck that fat piece of shit Marcotti, he blocked me on Twitter for me calling him out on his bullshit a couple of years ago.

He looks like the male version of Miss Piggy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Mase wrote:Fuck that fat piece of shit Marcotti, he blocked me on Twitter for me calling him out on his bullshit a couple of years ago.

He looks like the male version of Miss Piggy.[/quote]
He still talking to me, unlike the odious Pitt Brook
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Fuck that fat piece of shit Marcotti, he blocked me on Twitter for me calling him out on his bullshit a couple of years ago.

[/quote]

who's the bloke on your twitter profile jc? looks like someone who is on day release from broadmoor
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

who's the bloke on your twitter profile jc? looks like someone who is on day release from broadmoor

you know what they look like? I'm a little nervous now...actually that photo was inspired by one of my heroes
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twopiecemedia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 pm

twopiecemedia
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 pm

twopiecemedia wrote:http://www.solentjournalism.co.uk/man-city-in-fresh-financial-fair-play-allegations/

https://soundcloud.com/twopiecemedia/fi ... ester-city

Same shite being proclaimed as something new.
Just get it iout there as much as you can. Keep repeating allegation as fact. And crap so called media outlets repackage it over and over again for clicks.
I actually hope all this ends up in litigation once and for all so the world can actually witness just how rotten the football world is and has been for quite some time.
I'm getting sick of this persistent view that City started this shitstorm and are the only ones fighting dirty, if you want to call it that.
We basically fought back against an organisation being held to ransom by a cartel, who had the rules changed after we presented our accounts.
UEFA brokered a deal, IMO, because they knew that if the whole story of FFP was to be put out there it would not look good for them. Infantino was there at the time. Hence his statement of us having saved football, by having accepted a slap on the wrist.
No rules were broken that they didn't already know and have sanctioned us for.
They are now being held to ransom again over the European Super league v The CWC and are caught between a rock and a hard place if you ask me.

I'd gladly see the whole establishment brought down and never win the UCL, as I still don't think we will be allowed anyway.
The cartel are having one last hurrah here and you can see that there is more of a fight going on off the field than on it at the moment.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:46 pm

twopiecemedia wrote:http://www.solentjournalism.co.uk/man-city-in-fresh-financial-fair-play-allegations/

https://soundcloud.com/twopiecemedia/fi ... ester-city

Spam - mods?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 pm

ImageCan we Boo the UEFA Anthem a little bit louder for our next match ?
Thanks
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am

Another must read from Mr Samuel

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... money.html

You get a mention in here JC *doffs cap*
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Another must read from Mr Samuel

it's very nice to be noticed by St Samuel, I feel very honoured to have played my small part in repulsing the Hun
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Martin Samuel is very clued up, very eloquent, and very funny. And he doesn't suffer fools.
Great read, that!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby bigblue » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:07 pm

It's amazing to see fans of the rags, arse, spuds, everton, and dippers saying that City is ruining football. Did they all forget that their clubs are the ones who destroyed equal sharing of revenue and brought megamoney into the game? If anything, it's their actions that allowed the Sheikh to buy City more than anything else.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rt.comment

ven as the League's executives were going round the country with their unity plan, the Big Five were holding a secret meeting with Greg Dyke, then of ITV, to see if he would give them a TV deal if they broke away from the League.

From its very beginning the Football League, the world's first such competition, was based on clubs sharing money. Home clubs gave 20 per cent of gate money to the away club. For meaningful competition, money had to be shared.

That principle underpinned the League's years of phenomenal growth, when the game created legends, and generations of supporters grew up to swear lifelong devotion to clubs. When TV arrived, the BBC paying just £5,000 for Match of the Day in 1965, the money was shared equally throughout the 92 clubs - about £50 each.

The system meant that while the big clubs did generally dominate, there was rough equality. Great clubs, like Manchester United, could slip up badly enough to be relegated. Smaller clubs, such as Derby and Nottingham Forest, could be gripped by a one-off, inspired manager such as Brian Clough, and win the League and the European Cup. Nobody believes that can happen today, because any semblance of equality has been ripped away.

Under pressure from the big clubs, who wanted to keep more of the takings from their home crowds, gate-sharing was first to go, in 1983. Now, the club with the biggest stadium, Manchester United, has a huge advantage over all the others.

The big clubs gobbled the TV cake throughout the 1980s; in 1985 they threatened to break away, forcing the smaller clubs to agree a new split: 50 per cent to the First Division, 25 to the Second, 25 to the Third and Fourth. Still they wanted more, and in 1990, flush with Dyke's promise of TV riches, they deputed David Dein of Arsenal, and Noel White, a Liverpool director, to approach the FA and see if they would support their breakaway.

Everything in the FA's role and history screamed: 'No!' The FA is the governing body for everybody who plays football, watches it, loves it, at all levels. The founders, in 1863, who gave the game to the world, believed it offered tremendous enjoyment, but also moral values: fair play, teamwork, sportsmanship. They imposed rules to maintain the sporting spirit of clubs and prevent shareholders exploiting them to make fortunes. A breakaway by the few big clubs, so they would not have to share a bonanza with the rest of football, represented everything the FA had always opposed.

Especially the rags. Most hypocritical fan group on the planet. I had a rag brag about how we had no history, without even knowing that the biggest attendance for the scum was at... Maine Road (and we still have a bigger record attendance). Next time one of them goes on about how City is a soulless club that only cares about money, just ask them how well were the survivors of the Munich crash taken care of. Did the club value them as individuals, or did they get rich off their story while leaving them in the dust...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Martin Samuel is very clued up, very eloquent, and very funny. And he doesn't suffer fools.
Great read, that!

I really enjoyed that read, but I’m still as much dismayed by the same detractors that refuse to hear the argument because it doesn’t suit the their own view of their own club.
I’m particularly dismayed by the Chelsea viewpoint presented.
The other two you’d expect.

There is a fantastic description of the scenario on BM, don’t remember by whom.

It goes;
Trying to debate FFP with Rags or Dippers
is like trying to play chess with a pigeon.
It flaps around knocking over all the pieces shits on the board and then struts off proclaiming it has won.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Great read, that!

I really enjoyed that read, but I’m still as much dismayed by the same detractors that refuse to hear the argument because it doesn’t suit the their own view of their own club.
The other too you’d expect.

It goes;
It flaps around knocking over all the pieces shits on the board and then struts off proclaiming it has won.

That's brilliant!
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:56 pm

That Samuel piece is top banana. He doesn't hold back calling out the hypocrisy of the fans of other clubs.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Great read, that!

The other too you’d expect.

It goes;

Who knows? if muppets , ernie and bert can play checkers against a pigeon ....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum