Carabou Chat semi final pt2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carabou Chat semi final pt2

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:21 pm

It promises to be an interesting night tomorrow, and I expect Pep knows exactly what is needed to get this done. Unfortunately I will be working, so I will try and follow on my phone

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Lee Betts and Marc Perry
Fourth Official: Lee Mason

And the rest..

Just saw them murder Newcastle 3-1 with Aquero bagging a hat trick. They were awesome and Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard were both cooing about how slick and pacy they are.......Having played us at the Etihad Pep now knows exactly what to expect when they show up on Tuesday and will have worked out how to take advantage of the high press his team faced last time. I'm also pretty sure he'll play as strong as possible starting 11 and quite frankly I'm concerned that the deadly Aguero will be a starter. His movement is simply awesome.........Should we manage to beat them 1-0 then we have a Wembley day out to look forward to and if we lose then the terrific cup run will have been a magnificent achievement.

Aguero will be on the bench again…….. . .hopefully

At least weve had a day extra rest. We may need it ! We'll give it a good go though.

Even if we were to lose 4-0 I would hope the fans will show their appreciation for the pleasure that the players have given us in this cup run as they all deserve it.

Strangely we would be better off sitting back and hoping for 0-0 after 80 and then spanking it up to Diedhiou and Flint for the last 10…Grab a late un, keep it tight for ET and job done.

When we drew M City I wasn't really looking forward to these games but the 2-1 defeat and the way we played up there has given us a small chance, I thought the game would be over after the first leg, really glad we stopped the rot last night, The Gate will be rocking like it hasn't rocked for a long time the chance of a major cup final doesn't come around very often just being in the semi with Manchester, Chelsea and the Arse is a magnificent achievement in its self, the whole country bar Man City and the blue few will be behind us, get an early goal and its game on. I'm usually a pessimist but have a feeling we might just do this and make a bit of history.

It's another 'Free shot' Tuesday, absolutely nothing to lose.  We will need a lot of luck, and to play a bit better than the last two games.
It's still possible , unlikely , but possible…Reid first goal and 1-1 85/1 , or  City to win on Pens 80/1. Just saying

Your grabbing at straws..…im sure our boys will give it a decent shot but Man City will have far too much for us.....will be a tonic to repair this to history & get stuck in to the business that really matters.

Above all else, the fact that we go into this tie only 1 goal down, still with a fighting chance, is testament to the incredible attitude and ability of the players…Oh to dream and see us win 2-0…Here's hoping that Mangala plays at the back alongside Stones.

The cocky f###ers are gonna come a cropper Tuesday night. 

At least 2 people will be involved who wernt in the first leg, Fam and Kent so they will have something different to think about. Shame its FA Cup weekend coming up as they will rest players for that and play full team against us on Tuesday. Who knows though with smaller pitch, fans closer to play and hopefully heavy rain and high winds thrown in. Chuck it all at them.

Pep was very complimentary of us in his post match interview which means he will play a full strength side and won't underestimate us. Only thing that is going in our favour is that fixtures are starting to properly pile up for them now. 

Ag is supposedly one of the most intimidating stadium in England for players becuase of the closeness of fans and the natural acoustics. It's like a cage and this being a semi final, the mighty City playing the best team in the world for a place in a cup final the fans are going to be 12th men, Man Utd cracked, we will crack their City rivals 

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Carabou Chat semi final pt2

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Pretty sure the ref isn't Wythenshawe rag Anthony Taylor thank fuck , he did the 1st leg at the Etihad !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:10 pm

City64 wrote:Pretty sure the ref isn't Wythenshawe rag Anthony Taylor thank fuck , he did the 1st leg at the Etihad !

Cheers and well spotted :) it will teach me to rush:

Bristol City v Manchester City
GRAHAM SCOTT
Richard West and Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Going to be an interesting game this one, would love an early goal for us to settle the nerves
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm

CuteMancs wrote:
City64 wrote:Pretty sure the ref isn't Wythenshawe rag Anthony Taylor thank fuck , he did the 1st leg at the Etihad !

Cheers and well spotted :) it will teach me to rush:

Bristol City v Manchester City
GRAHAM SCOTT
Richard West and Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell

Thank god for that

Cheers CM. Got to admire their optimism. And why not. They played really well at our place
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 pm

It seems Mangala is seen as our weak link. Hope he has a blinder.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Well, if we can‘t beat Bristol City, with our away form , what chance do we have in the CL ?

Play our game , move the ball and take the chances as they arise.

We should win this quite easily, sticking to the game plan we have used so far this season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm

zuricity wrote:Well, if we can‘t beat Bristol City, with our away form , what chance do we have in the CL ?

We should win this quite easily, sticking to the game plan we have used so far this season.

I thought Bristol were excellent against us and it wasn’t a fluke either.
They played the same against the Rags and passed through them.
Thoroughly deserved their win.

I wouldn’t take this for granted, but a strong starting team should be capable of putting this beyond their reach.

I do like how they go about their business though. Proper football philosophy is evident in how they play.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:Well, if we can‘t beat Bristol City, with our away form , what chance do we have in the CL ?

I thought Bristol were excellent against us and it wasn’t a fluke either.
They played the same against the Rags and passed through them.
Thoroughly deserved their win.

I wouldn’t take this for granted, but a strong starting team should be capable of putting this beyond their reach.

I do like how they go about their business though. Proper football philosophy is evident in how they play.

Tie would be over if it wasn't for Mangala,s epic fail performance , expecting a solid performance from us tomorrow eve .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:09 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It seems Mangala is seen as our weak link. Hope he has a blinder.

I hope he doesn't play
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby branny » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am

Graham Scott is the fella that did Chelsea v Norwich in the FA Cup isn't he? Need to be on our best behaviour. Won't take much for him to start waving cards about.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 am

South Stand Balti wrote:It seems Mangala is seen as our weak link. Hope he has a blinder.

No shit Sherlock?!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum