Aymeric Laporte 2018

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aymeric Laporte 2018

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:39 pm

littlebig wrote:If we sign this lad and Fred it'll have been a tidy January window.

Agreed but it looks like Fred will be loaned back until the end of this season if we sign him. I think we née him now.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby edge275 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:39 pm

PeterParker wrote:
edge275 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Did not see him that much play, but that snub was enough for me. I recall he refused us because he was waiting for Barcelona to come and get him, which did not happen.

Fuck him. Do not want this transfer, at least Evans will give his right ballsack for a chance to play for us.

You could probably apply that logic to a lot of players they angle for moves that don't happen and they go elsewhere it's only natural and most would do it.

As for Johnny Evans Arsenal is too good for him and his like. He can fuck right off.

I agree with most of this, however, I think we are passed that period of trying to get players out here. We are playing one of the best football a team played in the last 10 years, players should do anything just to have the chance to be here and play with the likes of KDB or Silva, not for us to pursuit them.

If we're being brutally honest though, none of our current players would be here if it wasn't for the Sheikh.

Business is business.

I think we passed that, if you ask me. The title in 2012 broke that and people started coming here for fame. Statistically, we are the most constant team in England in the past 7 years, never missing top 4, 2 titles, 3 second places, one third and one fourth. We are the team you want to sign with when you want to play in the Premier League.

If we keep this tempo for the next 10 years, our legacy and prestige will grow even bigger. We are faaar away from that time when people came here for money.

Of course, I am subjective on this, but if you look at it objectively, we are a solid project from top to bottom, with an owner that hired only 3 managers in his 10 year regime and decided to give an year an a half to a manager that was hired by the previous owner.

City is the place to be if you are a smart footballer like KDB was when he signed here instead of going to Paris.

I like you as a poster. Keep up the great work.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:40 pm

This thread had 7 pages now.... starting to worry me.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 pm

london blue 2 wrote:This thread had 7 pages now.... starting to worry me.

Calm down Sanchez has 91 pages now....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:53 am

Interesting mix of tenses mate.

Also I heard Sky turned down Peter Parkers job application as an SSN reporter. Doesn't tow the line
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:59 am

john@staustell wrote:

Interesting mix of tenses mate.

Also I heard Sky turned down Peter Parkers job application as an SSN reporter. Doesn't tow the line

It would had been impossible to work with Carragher. Imagine me, a foreigner, trying to understand him. Sadly, there are no subtitles in real life.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:11 am

Haha good one.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 am

Mase wrote:
city72 wrote:Is he any good, listening to talkshite he's average at everything apart from being too weak in the challenge and should be a 20 mil tops player?.?

Talksport...wasn’t it them that pretended they didn’t know who Yaya and Silva were before we signed them?

No, that was genuine. No idea why anyone would listen to TalkScrote, it spews bullshit and poison 24 hours a day.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mase wrote:
city72 wrote:Is he any good, listening to talkshite he's average at everything apart from being too weak in the challenge and should be a 20 mil tops player?.?

Talksport...wasn’t it them that pretended they didn’t know who Yaya and Silva were before we signed them?

No, that was genuine. No idea why anyone would listen to TalkScrote, it spews bullshit and poison 24 hours a day.

My mate called in and had a go at them for pretending not to know Yaya. He was like “he’s literally just schooled United in the champions league!”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

My mate called in and had a go at them for pretending not to know Yaya. He was like “he’s literally just schooled United in the champions league!”

Your mate got me 100,000+ views for that on my YT channel - does he come on here? :D
Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Your mate got me 100,000+ views for that on my YT channel - does he come on here? :D
Watch on youtube.com

Not as far as I’m aware mate. He goes home and away though. Far bigger blue than me!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

HAHAHAHHAHAH Well and truly fucked him up and then the Everton supporter well and truly fucked him up.

Take that you cunt.!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Aymeric Laporte: Confusion reigns over £57m move to Manchester City
There are growing suggestions that the 23-year-old Frenchman could be a City player by as early as Monday but Athletic Bilbao boss Jose Angel Ziganda isn't so sure.......
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 80886.html

Could this still happen? :?

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

That may well be who I heard on Youtube when it was first pointed out to me.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

That may well be who I heard on Youtube when it was first pointed out to me.

Ah yes, that seems to be the case.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Apparently had the first part of his medical in Spain and is coming over on Monday to finish in Manchester.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm

He was in today saying goodbye to his team mates. Just a bit of last minute bluster from the Manager.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:01 pm

we need someone on patisserie valerie watch. no way he’ll be going to greggs
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:we need someone on patisserie valerie watch. no way he’ll be going to greggs

They do baguettes don't they?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Bit like they reckoned Kev was when they were all taking the piss out of us paying 55m.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum