Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:55 am

Image©
MCF.net members should always try to use Mr Nools daily 'word bollox' in one of their posts that day
DIRIGIBLE
ˈdɪrɪdʒɪb(ə)l
adjective: capable of being steered, guided, or directed.
noun: an airship

"That cunt Neil Custis is like a dirigible - fat and full of hot air."

SERGI-GO Manchester City star Sergio Aguero sounded out for shock return by Atletico Madrid with Pep Guardiola eyeing Antoine Griezmann in return
The Argentine striker joined City from the Spanish giants back in 2011 in a stunning £38m deal, and has become a club legend
MANCHESTER CITY star Sergio Aguero has been sounded out over a shock return to Atletico Madrid this summer.
The Argentine striker joined City from the Spanish giants back in 2011 in a stunning £38m deal.
Pep Guardiola does not want to him to leave, but is eyeing Antoine Griezmann, opening up the possibility of a deal.
The French forward has a £85m buy-out clause at the end of the season, and City value Aguero at around £60m.
A source said: "Atletico have contacted Sergio's representatives to see if there is any chance of getting him back.
"Pep doesn't want him to go, but has been looking at bringing in Antoine Griezmann, so there could be something there.
"Pep is a massive fan of him and his clause at the end of the season is a bargain for a player of his quality.
"City have made discreet enquiries over Griezmann in the past, so there is the interest from both sides."
Griezmann is also wanted by City's rivals Manchester United and table-topping La Liga giants Barcelona.
The 26-year-old almost joined the Red Devils last summer, but decided to stay after Atletico were slapped with a transfer ban.
He has since told Old Trafford chiefs he would want a staggering £400,000-a-week to join them. (Sun - obviously)

(Bonus) WAG OF THE DAY

Man City receive green light from Athletic Bilbao star Aymeric Laporte ahead of £57m deal
Pep Guardiola is desperate for reinforcements at the back after Vincent Kompany and John Stones' injury concerns
Manchester City are expected to sign Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao before the end of the window.
Pep Guardiola wants another centre-back and the French star available at his buy-out clause of £57m.
The 23-year-old has given the thumbs up to join the Premier League leaders, report the Telegraph.
Laporte rejected the chance to join the Blues 18 months ago but now looks set to move to the Etihad.
He will battle with Nico Otamendi and John Stones for a starting spot and strengthen City's chances in the Champions League. (Mirror)

FAREWELL BOLLOX 25-1-2010
Robinho, the most expensive player in English football, has confirmed that he wants to leave Manchester City and blamed Roberto Mancini, and formerly Mark Hughes, for making his time in the Premier League so unhappy.
A delegation from Santos, Robinho's former club in Brazil, is due to meet City officials in Manchester this week and several other clubs, led by Benfica, have registered an official interest in the former Real Madrid player.
Robinho's advisers have tried to persuade Barcelona to try to arrange a loan deal but the initial talks have not been followed up and the player has now decided that he wants to return to Brazil to rejoin the club where he began his career.
"The whole board of directors [at City] has decided that the best thing is to loan me out," Robinho said. "It would be extraordinary to come back to Santos. Playing for Santos would help pave my way to the World Cup. It's my home, where I know everyone."
Robinho's desire to leave Manchester was first revealed in the Guardian in November and, despite strong denials from his club at the time, it has now become apparent to the City hierarchy that he has failed to embrace life in England and has begun to feel disillusioned in the extreme.
After a promising start the Brazilian's form has deteriorated sharply, culminating in him losing his place in the team since Mancini took over from Mark Hughes. He was brought on as a substitute during City's recent 2-0 defeat at Everton only to be brought off later in the game because Mancini was so unimpressed.
"The first thing to say is that it is a bad moment I am going through," Robinho told Rádio Bandeirantes in Brazil. "The managers are different here. They decide a system and want you to fit in and it doesn't matter if you're tall or short. The manager was honest with me. He told me I was just going to play every other game. I told him that wouldn't interest me because this is a World Cup year and I need to play."
His impending move will represent a major setback to City given that Robinho's transfer from Madrid on the day the Abu Dhabi United group took control at Eastlands was supposed to signify the club's new ambitions. Instead, he has flickered only sporadically in his 16 months in England and is now so desperate to leave he has even informed City that he will waive part of his £160,000-a-week salary. "The financial situation is important but being happy also counts," he explained.
Santos will still have considerable problems raising the money for the deal to go through but the club intend to offer City the first refusal on their two most exciting young players, Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso.
"I don't know if the deal is possible but if there is the slightest of chances to bring him back we will look at every option to do that," the club's president, Luis Alvaro De Oliveira Ribeiro, said. "If Corinthians can find a way to bring back Ronaldo then we can do the same with Robinho."
Robinho's time in England now seems destined to be remembered as a failure and it is a measure of how far his stock has fallen that he was named in the side to face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park today only because Mancini wanted to rest other players ahead of the second leg of the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United on Wednesday.
"We hope Santos can persuade Manchester to do a deal," said Evandro Souza, one of the player's advisers. "Myself and Robinho's father are in Manchester to try to arrange the deal and we expect we could be here until the end of the transfer window."
In addition to the interest from Benfica, Robinho revealed he had spoken to his former Santos team-mate Diego, now a Juventus player, about the possibility of a move to the Turin club.
"He invited me to be happy with him at Juventus," Robinho said. "I told him: 'Di, I think it's better for me to go to Peixe [Santos's nickname] and go back to Brazil."

Robinho says he is leaving Manchester City to return to Brazil in an attempt to save his World Cup dream. Daily Mirror

The 26-year-old will take a pay cut from the reported £100,000-a-week he is on at City to join the Brazilian outfit. The deal which will see Robinho return to Santos gives Man City first refusal on two of the club's hottest prospects - forward Neymar, 17, and attacking midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso, 20. IMScouting

Barcelona's Brazilian right-back Dani Alves, 26, is in talks over an extension to his current deal at the Camp Nou, though Chelsea and Manchester City are monitoring developments.IMScouting

MEANWHILE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN ...

Roberto Mancini hopes Robinho stays at Manchester City after FA Cup win at Scunthorpe
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said he wants record signing Robinho to stay at Eastlands - but only if the Brazilian is happy. Robinho told a Brazilian radio station that he has been told by club directors he is leaving the club - with Brazilian club Santos set to sign him on loan.
But after watching the player apparently sign off with a late goal in the 4-2 FA Cup fourth round win at Scunthorpe United, Mancini denied any knowledge of an imminent Robinho exit.
Mancini said: "Hopefully in the end Robinho will stay here. In the next day the situation can change but at the moment he stays here and I am very happy for him.
"I hope he will stay here but it is important he will stay here happy and enjoy it. He is a very good player. I think he is enjoying Manchester City.
"I think one player can stay in a squad only if he is happy - if he wants to play every game and if he wants to work every day. That is most important because the players and manager must be happy."
Mancini also insisted the fact that Sunday was Robinho's first City start since Boxing Day had little bearing on his desire or otherwise to keep him in the squad.
Mancini said: "I have five or six strikers and I must decide every game between them. It's impossible to play with four strikers. Robinho didn't play against Manchester United but he played today."
Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins admitted City's extra quality had seen them through, but he praised his side for the way they twice bounced back from conceding badly-timed goals.
Adkins said: "I'm pleased for the players who have worked hard and made it an entertaining cup tie against the might of Manchester City and the big players they have brought here.
"We all had a belief that there was a giant-killing in the offing but it just wasn't to be. We got off to a bad start but credit to the players they didn't buckle.
"They regrouped and kept going and conceded a goal on the stroke of half-time that can deflate anybody. But they came out in the second half and gave it a right good go.
"You've seen the way they break - they're like the Red Arrows at times - and that's the difference between the very top and where we are."

ROBBIE LEAVING THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=29795

Manchester City weigh up loan move for Roma defender Marco Motta
The right-back has fallen out of favour with Claudio Ranieri and Roma sporting director Daniele Prade said: 'I spoke with Giuseppe Bozzo, agent of Motta, who confirmed the interest of Manchester City. There is a possibility of a loan.'
Motta, 23, was called up to the Italy squad last year but is part-owned by Udinese.

Zimbabwe striker Benjani, 31, is set to complete his £3m move from Manchester City to West Ham on Monday. (Daily Mirror)

His Masters Voice B*ll*x
GARY NEVILLE added more fuel to the fire ahead of the second Manchester derby - saying City do not deserve their lead.
City beat United 2-1 in the Carling Cup semi first leg and travel to Old Trafford on Wednesday night.
The United star said: "We certainly deserved at least a draw for our performance at City.
"For the first 40 minutes and the last half hour we were the stronger team."
Neville was at the centre of controversy in the first leg at Eastlands when he gave Carlos Tevez a one-fingered gesture.
Ex-United striker Tevez had taunted Neville with his goal celebration after his penalty opener.
But Neville says City should not have even got the spot-kick.
Tevez also hit the second goal and celebrated in front of United's dugout.
Club captain Neville added: "The replays proved the decision was wrong and everyone could see it.
"That goal just before half-time lifted City a little bit."
An extra 75 police will be on duty on Wednesday and spot checks will be made at pubs around the ground in what is described as 'the highest risk' game at Old Trafford this season.
Neville added: "The atmosphere was very good last Tuesday.
"All Manchester derbies have a great atmosphere and Wednesday will be no different at our ground.
"The night atmosphere at Old Trafford is always special. Our fans never let us down in the important matches and they will be well up for it Wednesday.
"It'll be a great environment to play football in."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Stoke expect to finally complete the signing of England goalkeeper David James on loan from Portsmouth this week.The Sun

Liverpool have offered Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic, 28, a three-year deal with the option for a further 12 months in a bid to land the Serbian on a free this summer. (Daily Express)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is ready to make a last-minute swoop for Palermo's giant 20-year-old Danish defender Simon Kjaer.Daily Mirror

West Ham are set to end James Beattie's Stoke hell by jumping in with a £3m offer for the former England striker.The Sun

French striker Toifilou Maoulida, 30, has hinted he could be set to leave Lens for the Premier League, with West Ham, Wigan and Stoke interested. Daily Mail

Alexis Sanchez chose Manchester United but it doesn't matter...
City will do what we need to do with or without him, insists Kevin De Bruyne
Kevin De Bruyne insists Manchester City don't need Alexis Sanchez as they look to complete an historic Quadruple.
Manchester United won the race to sign Sanchez from Arsenal this week despite long-standing interest from City.
But after helping Pep Guardiola's side reach the Carabao Cup final by overcoming Bristol City on Tuesday night, De Bruyne claimed that their hopes of a clean sweep have not been damaged by missing out on the Chile star.
'It doesn't matter,' said De Bruyne. 'We will still do what we need to do, with or without him.
'He chose United. Okay, there are a lot of good players. If they want to come, they want to come, and otherwise we will do it with our team.'
After signing a new contract at the Etihad on Monday worth £280,000-a-week before bonuses, De Bruyne underlined his importance by scoring the winner against Bristol City and setting up another for Sergio Aguero.
A 5-3 aggregate win put the runaway Premier League leaders into the final for the third time in five years, and De Bruyne hopes that lifting the Carabao Cup could be the springboard to a Quadruple.
'That's what we're going to try,' he said.
'We are already in the final of the League Cup and we are also competing in the FA Cup and Champions League. We play match per match and want to win everything.'
Despite committing his future to City until 2023, De Bruyne has not ruled out a move to Spain before his career is over.
'At the end of my contract I will be 32,' he added. 'It's hard to say where I will be in five years' time. I hope I will continue to be free of injury and there is still much to be done.
'Spain? I don't exclude anything.
'I hope to be able to work with him (Guardiola) for a few more years. I have no idea how long he is going to stay, but what he does is important to this club.
'He has created something that makes everyone see that we are one of the best teams in the world.'

Chuckle 2 Analysis
Dan Roan, BBC sports editor
Once again the FA are in damage-limitation mode.
Their attempt to explain why Phil Neville was given the England job raises a number of questions;
Why did the FA struggle to sell such a prestigious job to the shortlisted contenders and fail to find a female candidate willing and qualified to do it?
Why - in the final reckoning - was a track-record of success in management not deemed essential criteria for the job?
Why did their due diligence fail to uncover some of the historic tweets that have landed Neville in trouble?
And why precisely did those tweets not meet the threshold for a charge, yet other historic tweets by players have done?
After the controversy surrounding the sackings of Sam Allardyce and Mark Sampson, and the wisdom in hiring both those men, the handling of this appointment was crucial for the FA. To show they had learned painful lessons from the past.
But Neville has been forced to apologise - and been warned about his conduct - before his feet are even under the desk. He may well yet prove to be a successful coach for the Lionesses and justify the FA's faith, but his tenure has got off to an awful start.

RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
Re: THE HEART HAS BEEN RIPPED FROM THE CLUB I LOVED FOR 50 YEARS
by joolsbikini » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:56 pm
Colin Schindler is clearly a closet rag, his book 'Manchester United ruined my life' follows the same envious, I chose the wrong club theme. Even his facts are wrong, they didn't relegate us and save themselves in that game at Maine Road in 1963. They were already safe and our final drubbing at Upton Park (6-1) sealed our fate together with Birmingham City winning on the same day. He doesn't speak for the blue in me or any others I know, whether they have followed City for fifty years or fifty days. This is the way football in the top leagues in Europe had been heading long before ADUG got involved and I'm just grateful it's us and not Everton, Spurs, Newcastle or Villa that have won the lottery!

This is a great time to support God's own club.

Leroy Sane names the three players that are currently on Leo Messi's level
Manchester City's German winger Leroy Sane has been truly fantastic this season under Pep Guardiola's management.
The 22-year-old has featured in 22 of the 24 Premier League games this season, scoring seven goals and racking up ten assists.
Sane bagged an unbelievable assist during Saturday's 3-1 win over Newcastle and earned some highly deserved praise for his Spanish manager.
“The game was 2-1 and open and Leroy decided ‘I go and make an amazing action’. It is complicated to attack 11 players when they defend so deep and they can hit you on the counter-attack. But we are learning how to do it.
“Leroy suffered in the first six months of last season but this season he is playing at a high, high level.
Man City splashed out £37m to sign Sane from Schalke in the summer of 2016 - but he struggled to make the desired impact in his debut season in England.
Sane names three players on Messi's level
Messi is considered by many to be the greatest footballer of all-time and Sane has named the three other players that "are on a level no one else can currently compete with."
"He [Guardiola] often shows me the skills of players he has trained in the past," said Sane in an exclusive interview with Welt. "For example, he asked me to have a detailed look at how Messi manages one-on-one-situations, and how he moves.”
Does he believe he is at that level yet?
“No, I'm still far from being on their level,” he said. “In the whole world, only a few players are: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Hazard are on a level no one else can currently compete with.
“The achievements of Özil and Cavani are incredible, too. I'm not that far yet. To be able to play with freedom, I mainly need fun. I don't think and I don't set specific goals for a game. I just let things happen. If I clear my mind, everything else just happens.”
It's interesting that he included Chelsea's Eden Hazard but didn't mention his Man City teammate Kevin De Bruyne, who has unquestionably set the league alight this season.
Pep Guardiola managed Messi for four years at Barcelona and gave his Belgian superstar incredibly high praise earlier this season.
“Kevin de Bruyne is the best player in Europe bar one,” Guardiola said at a press conference in October.
“I would like to help him all I can to help him get to the highest level possible.”

WAG OF THE DAY
Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

OTHER BOLLOX
Lokomotiv Moscow have approached Liverpool over the signing of 23-year-old winger Lazar Markovic. The Serbian spent last season on loan at Sporting Lisbon and Hull City. (Mirror)

Chelsea have had a £44m bid, plus add-ons, accepted by Roma for their Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko, 31, and 23-year-old Brazilian full-back Emerson Palmieri. (Guardian)

Getafe's Spanish goalkeeper Vicente Guaita, 31, has passed a medical at Crystal Palace - but talks are ongoing over whether he will join Palace now or in the summer. (Mail)

Brighton have made a £6m bid for Bristol City defender Aden Flint, 28, who impressed in the Championship side's Carabao Cup run. (Argus)

French club Monaco have agreed to sell Argentine striker Guido Carrillo, 26, to Southampton for £19.2m. (Telegraph)

Sevilla have agreed a deal to sign Swansea City's Spanish midfielder Roque Mesa, 28, on loan for the remainder of the campaign. (Marca)

Feyenoord's Nicolai Jorgensen is believed to be keen on joining Newcastle United after the Magpies submitted a £14m bid for the Danish striker, 27, last week. (Chronicle)

West Ham are expected to sign Portugal international Joao Mario, 25, from Inter Milan. A preliminary agreement has been reached between the 25-year-old and the Italian club. (Independent)

Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde says the Spanish club will not sign any more defenders despite the departure of Javier Mascherano, 33, to Chinese Super League side Hebei Fortune. (ESPN)

Aston Villa are closing in on the loan signing of Manchester United's 20-year-old centre-back defender Axel Tuanzebe. (Express)

Sunderland midfielder Jack Rodwell, 26, is on trial at Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem. (Chronicle)

Ipswich Town striker David McGoldrick, 30, has re-emerged as a target for Cardiff City. (Wales Online)

West Brom pair James Morrison, 31, and Chris Brunt, 33, have begun organising a joint-testimonial for this summer. (Express & Star)

New Manchester United signing Alexis Sanchez takes a tour of a five-bedroom mansion worth £2m - that comes with its own piano room. (Mail)

Mexican side Club America will sanction Carlos Darwin Quintero after the Colombian forward, 30, kicked a ball at a reporter during a live broadcast. (Goal)

68's RANDOM ARCHIVE BOLLOX
Re: Kaka signs for Madrid for 65million Euros?
by City1970 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm
Midnight Blue wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
french_tony wrote:
Didnt he say two hours ago he was at Milan for life and didnt want to discuss it anymore? twat.

he did. fuck him then. his love for milan cost the club about 30 million. 30 bastard million. that's a lot of love. turd.

yeah, i'm bitter.

Milan bottled it :)

30 million less to waste on over the hill talent like beckham. hope they are relegated.

Bet Cookie is pissing his sides, if its true
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:03 am

Not sure why Sanè has mentioned Hazard as being on the same level as Messi. I’d love to know why people rate him so much after that one good season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:21 pm

We had first refusal on Neymar.. interesting, wonder why that didn't materialise
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Yeah I noticed that when searching the golden bollox out .... What an opportunity missed!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 pm

bernardo's wag is the best thing about bernardo.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:bernardo's wag is the best thing about bernardo.

Is that his missus? I thought it was Txiki Begiristain...
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:bernardo's wag is the best thing about bernardo.

Is that his missus? I thought it was Txiki Begiristain...

what?? google alicia verrando...she is stunning.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:11 pm

london blue 2 wrote:We had first refusal on Neymar.. interesting, wonder why that didn't materialise

I’ve always wondered that. As it was well known it was part of the deal for Robinho to go back to Santos.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum