FA Cup 4th round

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup 4th round

Postby john68 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Poor James has missed out on another trophy, wasn't that the reason he went there?

There will be a candlelit, wreath laying ceremony, to be held at the Kop end when the dipper's season is over (probably this week sometime) in sympathy for the death of poor James's ambition of winning a trophy.
The date and time will be publicised just as soon as the world's media have agreed to televise it.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:46 am

Who are Arsenal playing in this round of their Sponsors cup ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:09 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Poor James has missed out on another trophy, wasn't that the reason he went there?

I wonder if there had been VAR for our PL game whether Firminio's push in the back on Stones would have led it to being disallowed?

I'm glad somebody else mentioned that. I've never seen it on telly, but at the game it looked a clear push, but I've not heard a word about it ever since. I thought I was going nutz.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

I wonder if there had been VAR for our PL game whether Firminio's push in the back on Stones would have led it to being disallowed?

I'm glad somebody else mentioned that. I've never seen it on telly, but at the game it looked a clear push, but I've not heard a word about it ever since. I thought I was going nutz.

I don't think that was a VAR incident. Stones should've been stronger. If it was an incident against us we'd feel pretty seen off. Doesn't mean tgat we can expect impartial use if VAR, the refs will just 'not see' things when it suits them.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 am

Covered well in this topic Piccs.

www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=53464

Clear shove, as shown particularly in the last video, but stones should have gone to ground. Pretty much said so himself.

If VAR had been used for that incident they'd have had to disallow it.

It's all over the place at the minute. The one thing we can't have is players calling for it.

Either an official or the cunt watching it has to highlight it imo.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 am

The Maine Man wrote:

I don't think that was a VAR incident. Stones should've been stronger. If it was an incident against us we'd feel pretty seen off. Doesn't mean tgat we can expect impartial use if VAR, the refs will just 'not see' things when it suits them.

F1 got away with one in the first game before Sergios goal.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am

Milner went there as we could not give him centre midfield, he got that at Liverpool for about 15 games. His own fault for being play nearly everywhere. Still like him thou, proper proffessional and wished he'd stayed with us for another couple of seasons

I fucling hate this VAR bollox, another nail in the coffin of football for me.
Last edited by Chinners on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:21 am

Hold on a minute though...

Congrats to James on winning his 'we beat man city' medal.
It's a major trophy up there with the rags bin lid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 am

Milner went for money and sure why not?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Milner went for money and sure why not?

Think it was more the “I wanted to play more” gets played more, “I want to play CM more”, then goes and starts saying how big Liverpool are and then the celebration when he scored taking the piss out of Yaya. That’s why I don’t particularly like him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 am

Mase wrote:

Think it was more the “I wanted to play more” gets played more, “I want to play CM more”, then goes and starts saying how big Liverpool are and then the celebration when he scored taking the piss out of Yaya. That’s why I don’t particularly like him.

Liverpool handed him a nice signing on fee and a longer term contract than we were willing to. He gained financially from that move, good thing for him, as its about all he gained.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:05 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

Liverpool handed him a nice signing on fee and a longer term contract than we were willing to. He gained financially from that move, good thing for him, as its about all he gained.

Yeh I agree. Like I say though I think it’s more the bullshit he came out with after he left and the celebration that pisses people off.

I remember being at his first game back at ours and there were only a handful of boos - mainly for the stringing us along and not being honest. But then when he came back after that he was booed by 90% of us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum