Strangely quiet Bluebirds

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Strangely quiet Bluebirds

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Very few comments around for this game, so this is going to be short and sweet. I want us to progress in this cup, and go on to win it (another day out etc.). The most important thing is that we knock the rags out along the way.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee Lee Mason
Assistant Referees Simon Long & Simon Beck
Fourth Official Robert Jones

And the rest..

I think Cardiff will beat them..big shock coming

Cardiff City 0-3 Manchester City

I think that Manchester will have a shock against the real CITY, Warnock will make sure of that. We are no shitty little Bristol City/Rovers or whatever they are called. We are CARDIFF CITY … Bring on Manchester.

A big test for City, the wurzels didn't embarrass themselves against Man City so considering that we are a better side than bristol we have a bit to live up to, personally I think with a full house we can unsettle Man City enough to get,a shock result, p's anyone looking to have a punt on an upset is advised to check out the correct score odds,

Hurry up get it out the way …We loose big we could effect are season less crowds etc…Win and it and it could do the opposite could be massive…City 1-man city 3…Hopefully im very wrong but man city have a super special team one of the best in the prem for years…I just want it done and out the way

I feel it's unlikely that we will win but you never know. Most of the top elite teams struggle against Man City and I believe the gap between them now compared with the last time we played them and won is much wider. I'm hoping that the scoreline isn't too embarrising and I'm predicting 3-1 to man city. Of course in my heart I want us to win or even a draw would be a respectable scoreline. Not that we need extra games right now but an away trip there would be good apart from getting hammered! Lol. There's always a tiny bit of hope and I'm sure our players will try their hardest but it'll be really tough if they play a full strengthen squad. Keeping the scoreline respectable would be my first wish if we lose. If we do somehow win it'll go down as a very famous win - on par with last time but if not more because man city are so much better now! HOPE AND PRAYS FOR US! Come on bluebirds!…What will help us is the crowd - we all have to get right behind the team and create a bouncing atmosphere!

I think your post shows how attitudes have changed towards this competition. Not that long back, this would be dream tie for us, and the whole place would be buzzing. For a week, the league would be forgotten, and there would be a great build up to what would be one of our biggest games of the season. Sadly, fans just seem to want it done and out of the way…I still like the FA cup, and I am looking forward to this game more than most of our recent games. I know Man City would beat us comfortably 99 times out of a 100. There is always that one time though, and it has happened for us before. I know in all probability we will lose by 3 or 4 goals, but we can always dream that this may just be the one where everything goes wrong for them and right for us…We have nothing to lose. The players and fans can enjoy the day out, nobody expects us to do well so any sort of a performance that makes it an interesting game will be a bonus. If we lose 4-0 there would no disgrace in that. They will dish out that sort of beating to much bigger and better teams than us. Perhaps this will be when Zohore scores one of his wonder goals, he only has 4 this season so he owes us one now

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Strangely quiet Bluebirds

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:54 pm

It really was short and sweet CM

Fully agree with the last post
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 pm

just need to put a few more shots on goal
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Warnock: "It's been the easiest week of training. We haven't had a ball out at all, we've just been throwing up a few pieces of paper in the wind for the players to chase"

Asked about Guardiola being quoted as saying Cardiff are a "long ball team", Warnock played it down.

"He didn't say we were a long ball side, he said there would be more long balls but journalists don't let facts get in the way of a good story!"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Mase wrote:Warnock: "It's been the easiest week of training. We haven't had a ball out at all, we've just been throwing up a few pieces of paper in the wind for the players to chase"

Asked about Guardiola being quoted as saying Cardiff are a "long ball team", Warnock played it down.

"He didn't say we were a long ball side, he said there would be more long balls but journalists don't let facts get in the way of a good story!"

Surprised the training this week hasn't been done in a boxing gym
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Mase wrote:Warnock: "It's been the easiest week of training. We haven't had a ball out at all, we've just been throwing up a few pieces of paper in the wind for the players to chase"

Wow pretty impressed with Colin for saying that , he could have easily gone along with the shit stirring journo.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:49 pm

carolina-blue wrote:

Wow pretty impressed with Colin for saying that , he could have easily gone along with the shit stirring journo.

Colin?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm

patrickblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Colin?

Colin Wanker. Anagram of Neil Warnock
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:47 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:

Colin?

Colin Wanker. Anagram of Neil Warnock

Gotcha
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 am

Cheers CM .... Love the FA Cup ... can see this going to a replay if we play a too weakened side which is not what we need. Hopefully I'm wrong and we stuff then 4-0 but reckon a 1-1 or 2-2 could just be on the cards for this one if Pep rests too many.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 am

Warnock had this to say too

"The thing about Man City is that their fans have put up with being in the lower divisions & they had a massive following in them days, so fair play to them. It’s great for them, the creme de la creme now"

Refreshing and good on him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Warnock had this to say too

"The thing about Man City is that their fans have put up with being in the lower divisions & they had a massive following in them days, so fair play to them. It’s great for them, the creme de la creme now"

I like Warnock. He’s honest. Not sure why a lot of other fans don’t like him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:48 am

Mase wrote:

For me it's not the man per say (other than his ridiculous boofont), it's his go to tactic if you can't beat them, kick the shit out of them....... I expect injuries this aftie
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:52 am

Mase wrote:

Me too, he usually always has a good word to say about us and on the rare occasion he has a pop he's normally right about that as well
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:02 pm

Chinners wrote:
Mase wrote:

Me too, he usually always has a good word to say about us and on the rare occasion he has a pop he's normally right about that as well

I've always liked him. Pretty honest, seems to enjoy and respect how lucky he is to be in this industry. He can laugh at himself and certainly isn't up his own arse. A breath of fresh air compared to most.
Having said that, his Sheffield Utd side (of the early 2,000's I'd guess) was the most brutal side I've seen for a long time.
I've never quite got the hate either.
The exact opposite of Bodgers, who still makes me want to kick the telly in on sight....Even though he has departed competitive football now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Mase wrote:

I've always liked him. Pretty honest, seems to enjoy and respect how lucky he is to be in this industry. He can laugh at himself and certainly isn't up his own arse. A breath of fresh air compared to most.
Having said that, his Sheffield Utd side (of the early 2,000's I'd guess) was the most brutal side I've seen for a long time.
I've never quite got the hate either.
The exact opposite of Bodgers, who still makes me want to kick the telly in on sight....Even though he has departed competitive football now.

People forget that he made Michael Brown and Michael Tonge (City fan) look like very good players!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:46 am

Mase wrote:

Perhaps after yesterday's match you understand why some people don't like him or the way he sets his teams out.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Socrates » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:

For me it's not the man per say (other than his ridiculous boofont), it's his go to tactic if you can't beat them, kick the shit out of them....... I expect injuries this aftie

You nailed it, unfortunately...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Perhaps after yesterday's match you understand why some people don't like him or the way he sets his teams out.

Not at all. We had worse against Palace.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:55 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not at all. We had worse against Palace.

So what? Woy's team was worse so Colin's alright really?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum