***ccfc v mcfc fa cup 4th round official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***ccfc v mcfc fa cup 4th round official match thread***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:30 am

Chinners wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It was funny to see that cunt with the beard, name escapes me sorry, moan like a bitch when Fernandinho had a little snap at him, give it but can't take it.

Did you see the look in Fernandinho's eyes? The ref was scared to intervene and waited to give the yellow. DeBruyne did a beauty on one of them too. And then there is the Otter. We aren't the most shrinking violet of teams, but Cardiff are the worst I've seen for a long time.

Reminded me of European games in the 70s when English teams used to get lumps kicked out of them. Now in Europe the refs are right on it - sneeze in the wrong direction and you are on a yellow.

Agreed, we give it out quite a bit in games as well which some seem to overlook. What I like most about this group of players is that they generally take the knocks, get up, dust themselves down and crack on destroying teams the best way, with their football #OldSkool

We may give it out Chinners but can you show me videos/stills of these type of leg breaking tackles from City players?

Let's not confuse the issue here, true we're no shrinking violets but that doesn't mean we should ignore these leg breakers because we can give it out a bit when oppo are trying to maim us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 am

I wasn't saying we did leg breakers or that we should ignore them on us. I genuinely think 99.9% of them are not on purpose, just late due to the skill of our players. For us Fernandiho is the best example, he does destroy attacks, mainly with subtly minor fouls, I think he does it brilliantly. Maybe not only do we have some of the most skillfull players but also some of the subtle hardmen in the league .... which I like.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:13 am

Apologies Chinners, didn't mean to have a go, I'm just sick of seeing these type of tackles/incidents being downplayed.

If that's lad's intention yesterday was just to trip Sane then why on earth has he gone in so high?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Let’s also not forget de Jong breaking legs and some City fans laughing and making songs about it...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Mase wrote:Let’s also not forget de Jong breaking legs and some City fans laughing and making songs about it...

If I remember it rightly (and there's every chance I don't) - wasn't it De Jong's trailing leg that did the damage? Horrific challenge (due to the outcome) but not a deliberate leg breaker. (And I was guilty of making a joke about Ben Arfa's name at some point after the game).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:Let’s also not forget de Jong breaking legs and some City fans laughing and making songs about it...

If I remember it rightly (and there's every chance I don't) - wasn't it De Jong's trailing leg that did the damage? Horrific challenge (due to the outcome) but not a deliberate leg breaker. (And I was guilty of making a joke about Ben Arfa's name at some point after the game).

The ref didn't even give a foul. The game just carried on it was so innocuous.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Yeh it was similar to his challenge on Xabi Alonso. I don’t think there was any intent...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:16 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

The Ben Arfa tackle wasn't malicious in any sense. He did however break Holden's leg in an international friendly after a very wild challenge.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Chinners wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It was funny to see that cunt with the beard, name escapes me sorry, moan like a bitch when Fernandinho had a little snap at him, give it but can't take it.

Did you see the look in Fernandinho's eyes? The ref was scared to intervene and waited to give the yellow. DeBruyne did a beauty on one of them too. And then there is the Otter. We aren't the most shrinking violet of teams, but Cardiff are the worst I've seen for a long time.

Reminded me of European games in the 70s when English teams used to get lumps kicked out of them. Now in Europe the refs are right on it - sneeze in the wrong direction and you are on a yellow.

Agreed, we give it out quite a bit in games as well which some seem to overlook. What I like most about this group of players is that they generally take the knocks, get up, dust themselves down and crack on destroying teams the best way, with their football #OldSkool

We may give it out Chinners but can you show me videos/stills of these type of leg breaking tackles from City players?

Let's not confuse the issue here, true we're no shrinking violets but that doesn't mean we should ignore these leg breakers because we can give it out a bit when oppo are trying to maim us.

What i don‘t get is that a cnut like kane would want to go studs up against an England Colleague . I mean, when they all get together , there is no way they can ignore each other for the time they play for England.

Mind you , if Kane did that to me , some minutes later he would know what‘s hit him .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby hayling22 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 pm

There should be retrospective bans even when a yellow has been given. There should be a process where something like the Bennett challenge and the resulting yellow can be overturned and into a straight red, and for dangerous tackles like this the ban should be incresed.
The fact the ref acted and got it wrong, is no mitigation...Retrospective reviews would have given at least 5 opponents 4 game bans in the recent games against City.
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum