F.A Cup final 2013

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

F.A Cup final 2013

Postby Crossie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Can anyone remember the rumours about why we played so shit that day and lost?

The first 11 was pretty hot bar Nastasic.

I must have supressed it in my memory, all I can really remember is when they scored I knew we had no fight in us to pull it back and win.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: F.A Cup final 2013

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Mancini was fighting with a couple of players in the team hotel the night before the final , it had been brewing for a while if you believe the rumours . Joe Hart , Yaya , Tevez and Kompany involved , all history now we have moved on no fucks given onwards and upwards . I liked Mancini but I love the club more ..............
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:40 pm

The main thing about that day is how fuckin soaked we got waiting to get the train after leaving and having to deal an 8yr old who's world had just ended!!

Wasn't it to do with dressing room rebellion against Bobby Manc?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Didn't Mancini start Hart in the final instead of Pants too, who'd played in every round of the competition?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Yeh - we were at Wembley that day and it was already confirmed before the match that Pellers was coming in. We were all singing about not wanting him.

All the players saw their arse cause Bob put Hart in goal instead of Pants. And because they saw their arse some decided to be sly cunts and go behind his back. Pricks.
Last edited by Mase on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm

What, where it was leaked that Mancini had basically already been sacked, very similar to the Hughes sacking?

Or that a certain English international player started leaking stories to the press, via text messages, once again, to the press?

Or the multiple players who didn't give a fuck and then blamed the manager, even though they already got him the sack?

Or Mancini being such an abrasive twat that he forced it upon himself ?

Debacle of a day and not one of the best for all concerned. If you lose a game because you were outplayed but still giving your best then you can take it. All the shit surrounding the loss just made it a very bitter pill to swallow.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 pm

The Hart think makes no sense

1) Mancini was rumoured to want him out, with begovic to replace (David platt said this)

2) panti deserved to have played and who knows we might have won it.

Why would Hart play unless owners stepped in with a team selection?

Anyway fuck Wigan !

Of all the Wembley trips, my one and only fa cup final I've just realised !? Shitty club Wembley cos the fa are bent cunts on allocation, making for a worse atmosphere than the Carling cup
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:01 pm

I still get dont that whole day. Seems to me like an easy excuse for the players as to why they lost a match they shouldnt ie blame the outgoing manager.

Its a cup final ffs, even with no manager we should have been home and dry, its all baffling and the only reason i have for it is they fucked up not out of malice for mancini but to do with complacency.

I dont think i have seen a single minutes footage since the game, what a depressing day that was.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Nick wrote:The Hart think makes no sense

1) Mancini was rumoured to want him out, with begovic to replace (David platt said this)

2) panti deserved to have played and who knows we might have won it.

Why would Hart play unless owners stepped in with a team selection?

Anyway fuck Wigan !

Of all the Wembley trips, my one and only fa cup final I've just realised !? Shitty club Wembley cos the fa are bent cunts on allocation, making for a worse atmosphere than the Carling cup

Club Wembley? Luxury!
I was sat in the middle of the Wigan crowd with a ten year old who seemed determined to give us away. (Long story but only way I could get tickets)
I made him stay until the cup was lifted out of respect ( thought I was teaching him a valuable life lesson), but he was not a happy camper.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I still get dont that whole day. Seems to me like an easy excuse for the players as to why they lost a match they shouldnt ie blame the outgoing manager.

Its a cup final ffs, even with no manager we should have been home and dry, its all baffling and the only reason i have for it is they fucked up not out of malice for mancini but to do with complacency.

I dont think i have seen a single minutes footage since the game, what a depressing day that was.

Agree with that. The entire team looked like they didn't give a shit.
I do remember being relieved when Wigan scored, so I wouldn't have to sit through extra time, then got the biggest soaking I've ever had when I left the stadium.
That's about my total memory of the day.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Remember the player's not giving a fuck. And Bobby a dead man walking.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Fuck Hart.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:57 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:I was sat in the middle of the Wigan crowd with a ten year old who seemed determined to give us away. (Long story but only way I could get tickets)
I made him stay until the cup was lifted out of respect ( thought I was teaching him a valuable life lesson), but he was not a happy camper.

You were, mate. He perhaps didn't realise it but it is a valuable one.

I hated everything about that match. You could see it coming. Our only hope was penalties because we were utterly rubbish.

I still wish I'd been there, like. My last Cup final was in 81.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I was sat in the middle of the Wigan crowd with a ten year old who seemed determined to give us away. (Long story but only way I could get tickets)

You were, mate. He perhaps didn't realise it but it is a valuable one.

I hated everything about that match. You could see it coming. Our only hope was penalties because we were utterly rubbish.

I still wish I'd been there, like. My last Cup final was in 81.

Trust me, you don’t mate. The whole day was just crap. It was pissing it down before the match so it wasn’t as fun on the roundabout with the other City fans. It was well know City were bringing in Pellers before the match which just ruined everything. The match was a farce. And then to top it off there was an absolute downpour after the match so we were all soaked to the bone walking back to the coach - like we’d just jumped in a pool fully clothed. Then there was a crash on the motorway so it took 6 and a half hours to get back to Manchester. Absolute joke.

I told myself I’m not going back to Wembley after that for a good few year - and I haven’t been back since.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:36 am

I was on the first train to London, London papers all had "Mancini Sacked". BAD START TO THE THE DAY. Which if we thought was bad it got worse, we played like a drain, Zabba got sent off and pointed the finger at a few players as he walked off.

The day was a fuck up from start to finish. Joe Hart topped it off with a mega fuck up for the goal. Wigan got relegated. £ it will be a book sooner or latter. Players let the fans down, Mancini was sacked before the Fulham game, as City stayed in London for a Tues fixture. I blamed the players who made sure we did not give Mancini a cup win.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby branny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:51 am

The 2014 qf against Uwe's Wigan was as bad. Back four were awful.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 am

Jesus, this thread

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:14 am

I was in the gods for this game, level 5, shit seats. I drove and did a park on my drive really close to the ground. Game was awful, I was sober too which didn't help. I left as soon as the whistle went and got away rapid. A friend of mine was on a coach parked in the stadium car park. I stopped at Keel services for a coffee and text him to ask where he was and he was just pulling out of Wembley car park. First time I had smiled all day, I got home 4 hours before him and he lives down the road from me, I offered to take him too.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum