Welcome Riyad Mahrez.....26

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez.....

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Club record for Mahrez? What a joke

in which currency??

Well played
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:49 pm

blues2win wrote:He’s not coming unless Pep wants him. He’s a very good player indeed. Leicester can’t spend the money now but he doesn’t want to stay and they might want to screw every penny out of City and let go.

About sums it up. Not a favourite of mine but on his day can be very special and the hope will be that Pep makes him more consistent and a top team player
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 pm

FFS and we thought Nasri’s attitude was bad..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:57 pm

UEFA are having a meeting in May when they are about to introduce FFP II. We are responding to that in my opinion. Here's Martin Samuel with his opinion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -UEFA.html

Funnily enough the link has a word missing after UEFA, it is 'tricks'.

Sheik Mansour's company also pulled out of his deal to help Real Madrid upgrade its ground yesterday. I'd say we have spies in camp UEFA.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:UEFA are having a meeting in May when they are about to introduce FFP II. We are responding to that in my opinion. Here's Martin Samuel with his opinion:

Sheik Mansour's company also pulled out of his deal to help Real Madrid upgrade its ground yesterday. I'd say we have spies in camp UEFA.

excellent article by martin once again. doesn't mince words.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:UEFA are having a meeting in May when they are about to introduce FFP II. We are responding to that in my opinion. Here's Martin Samuel with his opinion:

Very interesting we pulled out of the £400 million deal to revamp the Bernabeu yesterday as our lawyers were in Madrid paying the cash at La Liga HQ for Laporte . Something has definitely gone on with either UEFA or with the cunt at La Liga who keeps slagging us off ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:01 pm

City64 wrote:

Very interesting we pulled out of the £400 million deal to revamp the Bernabeu yesterday as our lawyers were in Madrid paying the cash at La Liga HQ for Laporte . Something has definitely gone on with either UEFA or with the cunt at La Liga who keeps slagging us off ?

Sounds like we got wind of what the European hierarchy, along with their UEFA stooges, were planning with the new FFP.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:

Sounds like we got wind of what the European hierarchy, along with their UEFA stooges, were planning with the new FFP.

Looks that way Beefy , all very interesting .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:07 pm

SSN reporting Mahrez didn't report for training at Leicester today and isn't travelling to Merseyside tomorrow for the game at Everton . This cunt proper throws his toys out the pram if he doesn't get his way ..........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

City64 wrote:SSN reporting Mahrez didn't report for training at Leicester today and isn't travelling to Merseyside tomorrow for the game at Everton . This cunt proper throws his toys out the pram if he doesn't get his way ..........

Let's face it, if we're in for him we'd get him. If he isn't a City player by the end of the window, it was all paper talk to get clicks.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:SSN reporting Mahrez didn't report for training at Leicester today and isn't travelling to Merseyside tomorrow for the game at Everton . This cunt proper throws his toys out the pram if he doesn't get his way ..........

Let's face it, if we're in for him we'd get him. If he isn't a City player by the end of the window, it was all paper talk to get clicks.

Actually, if we get him, imho, it would be a better option than Sanchez.

This window could end up really good for us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Handed in a transfer request apparently.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Mahrez plays on the right, Sane best on the left, no? I can't see how this would be a last minute 'fix'. We surely have our carefully graded list of possibilities, which may or may not include Mahrez. I can't see why Mahrez would be brought in supposedly to fix a short-term problem. We are playing a long game with our business model. Mahrez would only be of interest for what he is good at: an alternative to Sterling and Bernardo - no, I can't see it.
Last edited by Justified logic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bigblue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:55 pm

PeterParker wrote:Actually, if we get him, imho, it would be a better option than Sanchez.

This window could end up really good for us.

Hard to say, but he is 3 years younger.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:58 pm

City are obviously bidding so it’s silly to say we’re not interested. City want him. Mahrez wants to come and since Leicester are only saying our bid is too low we can assume they’re prepared to sell. City have shown they’re prepared to walk ie VVD Sanchez. The question is then of respective valuations. We’ve offered 55 million. Leicester say no. 60 million is probably on. 90 million is not. Let’s see.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm

blues2win wrote:City are obviously bidding so it’s silly to say we’re not interested. City want him. Mahrez wants to come and since Leicester are only saying our bid is too low we can assume they’re prepared to sell. City have shown they’re prepared to walk ie VVD Sanchez. The question is then of respective valuations. We’ve offered 55 million. Leicester say no. 60 million is probably on. 90 million is not. Let’s see.

Yeah thats what it looks like id walk away at 60m. I wonder do we have a plan b?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:09 pm

A bid for Aubameyang would be funny but given all the complications it’s not really on. I suspect City’s view if he comes great if not we can manage. I’d prefer getting in Fred to share the load with Fernandinho but that’ll probably be for next summer because Shakhtar want him for the CL.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
blues2win wrote:City are obviously bidding so it’s silly to say we’re not interested. City want him. Mahrez wants to come and since Leicester are only saying our bid is too low we can assume they’re prepared to sell. City have shown they’re prepared to walk ie VVD Sanchez. The question is then of respective valuations. We’ve offered 55 million. Leicester say no. 60 million is probably on. 90 million is not. Let’s see.

Yeah thats what it looks like id walk away at 60m. I wonder do we have a plan b?

Maybe it is just to push the price up?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Club record for Mahrez? What a joke

Link please

There is no link. If Leicester are turning down £55m then itll take a club record to sign him
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 pm

they want 90m.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city