Welcome Riyad Mahrez.....26

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez.....

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Listening to Peps interview , we are deffo in for him just whether we can do the deal in time . For me I think he is a good player that Pep would make into a very good / great player . I don’t think Pep would be looking . if for one minute he thought he was a trouble maker or lazy cnut .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bluemoon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 pm

Torn on this, I was hoping to see Bernado and Diaz given more game time, but then again can't complain as Mahrez on his day is different class, and will surely become more consistent under Pep. Major downside to this if it happens will be the fee. Leicester don't need to sell, which means we'll be paying upwards of 70mil, fecking madness... but we didn't the start the fire.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 am

He is class. PL proven. Reasonably young. Plays out wide. Should adapt to our style of play. Good enough to improve us and also give us another dimension and competition for places.

Would be delighted if this happens.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby aaron bond » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:17 am

Like others I’m a bit torn on this. There’s no doubting he’s an excellent player but it feels like a rushed decision.

Also, it feels like we are just throwing money at a problem and not attempting to use the squad we already have. We have Bernardo and Gundogan available who rarely start. Plus we have Zinchenko and Diaz, plus Foden back soon. At what point do we start to try youngsters out in a run of games? We are almost permanently in the hunt for trophies year after year so there is unlikely to be a quiet period.

With the squad we have and with Pep in charge we should be able to get through the next 6-8 weeks without having to spend big yet again.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:35 am

aaron bond wrote:Like others I’m a bit torn on this. There’s no doubting he’s an excellent player but it feels like a rushed decision.

Also, it feels like we are just throwing money at a problem and not attempting to use the squad we already have. We have Bernardo and Gundogan available who rarely start. Plus we have Zinchenko and Diaz, plus Foden back soon. At what point do we start to try youngsters out in a run of games? We are almost permanently in the hunt for trophies year after year so there is unlikely to be a quiet period.

With the squad we have and with Pep in charge we should be able to get through the next 6-8 weeks without having to spend big yet again.

In a fair world you are correct. With financial unfair play looking again the question changes to can we go season on season without spending what we need? I see this as stockpiling for the apocalypse.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 am

If we get the Mahrez of the 0-3 at our place, great biz Pep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby aaron bond » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
aaron bond wrote:Like others I’m a bit torn on this. There’s no doubting he’s an excellent player but it feels like a rushed decision.

In a fair world you are correct. With financial unfair play looking again the question changes to can we go season on season without spending what we need? I see this as stockpiling for the apocalypse.

True. Martin Samuel’s article on the new updates to FFP suggest this could be the case.

But with us only a week ago pulling out of a transfer and saying we had budget limitations, we’ve gone full circle to trying to buy a player for a huge amount as a replacement for Sane who is injured for 6-7 weeks.

Only one day left of the transfer window so we’ll know the outcome soon enough!
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 am

aaron bond wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

True. Martin Samuel’s article on the new updates to FFP suggest this could be the case.

But with us only a week ago pulling out of a transfer and saying we had budget limitations, we’ve gone full circle to trying to buy a player for a huge amount as a replacement for Sane who is injured for 6-7 weeks.

We never actually said that mate. We had a figure for Sanchez that we were prepared to go up to. Anything beyond that was seen as too much for us given his age and what we’d get back.

Let’s be honest, if we wanted to we could spend £200 million and get Messi. Will it affect our other transfers and how much we can pay for them if we do that, yes certainly, so we wouldn’t.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:08 am

Reckon there could be more than just smoke to this. Players rarely hand in a transfer request these days unless something fairly likely is on the cards.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 am

Did he arrive at Gregg's?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am

we will pay 60 million I reckon..hes younger than Sanchez and hes actually a better player...yes he is.....and more importantly the scum Munchens are whining like little bitches and there is nothing better in the world than seeing little whiny MUNCHENS crying because likkle ciddy have more money than them.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:07 am

Mahrez or not, we will have to change our tactical set-up drastically during Sané's absence. mahrez is not a like-for-like replacement, and with Mendy still out as well, we have now pace at all on the left.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:12 am

aaron bond wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

We pulled out because of the wages, not the transfer fee.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 am

Gut feeling is we won't get him as Leicester will hold out for £75M or something like that. They will risk an unhappy player for the extra dosh
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 am

Justified logic wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

We pulled out because of the wages, not the transfer fee.

Correct.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby kennyboy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 am

If he signs: Ok, fine.

If he stays: No problem.

I am 50/50 on this.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Woodyblue » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

kennyboy wrote:If he signs: Ok, fine.

If he stays: No problem.

I am 50/50 on this.

This.
Also if we refuse to budge on the finances of the deal, be it wage demands or fee it makes a statement again that we have a line that we are prepared to go to and won’t be dicked about on cash.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gut feeling is we won't get him as Leicester will hold out for £75M or something like that. They will risk an unhappy player for the extra dosh

I think/hope they will let him leave.

He was a cunt with Ranieri, but played a huge part in their title win. I think the ownership has a debt to pay towards him. If he fails to leave now, he will go awol.

Somehow I understand this. It is a one in a lifetime chance.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 am

Sign him, whatever the cost. If he turns out shit, loan him somewhere for free and pay his wages or sell him for next to nothing.

It's a tried and tested method. What can go wrong?
Scatman

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 am

Sign him, whatever the cost. If he turns out shit, loan him somewhere for free and pay his wages or sell him for next to nothing.

It's a tried and tested method. What can go wrong?
Scatman

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum