Welcome Riyad Mahrez.....26

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez.....

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Chinners wrote:Mahrez has not turned up for training again today ... bad apple well dodged!

He's probably trying to let Leicester know he doesn't want to be stuck there after summer.

Apparently there was a "gentleman's agreement" that he would be allowed to leave if a fair valuation came in. After a number of transfer windows, and what he sees as a fair offer, they won't let him leave. He wants to be playing in the CL.

Sure he is but you do that by telling the club (no doubt he has) not by refusing to train. I loved Tevez but never the same after that nonsense when he went AWOL.

He's under contract with Leciester, which he signed after a hefty pay increase so stiff shyte. If we got him he'd probably do the same to us as he'd be on the bench quite a bit once Sane & Jesus come back. We really don't need wenkers like this in our squad, fucl him.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:05 pm

I've heard so much about this so-called transfer, it's hard to work out what actually happened. The latest thing I read was that we inquired about the price but never made an offer due to it being way over what we were willing to entertain.

Did we speak to Mahrez, was he expecting Leicester to let him go and make a huge profit, whatever the price?

Something has seriously gone wring though, for him to be so pissed off that he doesn't bother turning up. Maybe he was expecting Leicester to look after him and a gentlemen's agreement was in place. They welched on it, he's now having his say.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby city72 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Chinners wrote:Mahrez has not turned up for training again today ... bad apple well dodged!

He's probably trying to let Leicester know he doesn't want to be stuck there after summer.

Apparently there was a "gentleman's agreement" that he would be allowed to leave if a fair valuation came in. After a number of transfer windows, and what he sees as a fair offer, they won't let him leave. He wants to be playing in the CL.

Why didn't he/his agent demand a release clause in his contract he signed 18 month ago, no such thing as a gentlemans agreement anymore just ask snakey fking Sanchez
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Gentlemen's agreement rarely mean fucl all in football today, the money at stake is too important. Mahrez has 4 months now so can either buckle down and get paid for job he loves or rot away sulking at home. Going on strike never benefits the player or club imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 pm

or what City72 just said ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BOZMCFC » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:19 pm

no matter if it's Mahrez or any other so called top player the transfer fees are going to go through roof come next summer with the amount whats been spent this window without a doubt
BOZMCFC
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: MAN CITY
My favourite player is: Kevin De Bruyne

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:20 pm

BOZMCFC wrote:no matter if it's Mahrez or any other so called top player the transfer fees are going to go through roof come next summer with the amount whats been spent this window without a doubt

Spot on
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ShimmyShaker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm

It would take an exceptional person to carry on as normal after missing out on moving to us. He would have the chance to consistently challenge for silverware and significantly improve his financial status too. To play for Pep, at a club that is playing sensational football and will only get better is going to mess your head up when your current club is safe, the rest of this season will meander to a satisfactory end, when you could have been playing in major finals and probably lifting the Premier league trophy. Leicester wanted a ridiculous fee and didn't give him the opportunity to better himself after he played the most significant part in winning them the league. I don't think we dodged a bullet either, he would have been good competition for our current wingers. I can understand his frustration.
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:37 pm

ShimmyShaker wrote:It would take an exceptional person to carry on as normal after missing out on moving to us. He would have the chance to consistently challenge for silverware and significantly improve his financial status too. To play for Pep, at a club that is playing sensational football and will only get better is going to mess your head up when your current club is safe, the rest of this season will meander to a satisfactory end, when you could have been playing in major finals and probably lifting the Premier league trophy. Leicester wanted a ridiculous fee and didn't give him the opportunity to better himself after he played the most significant part in winning them the league. I don't think we dodged a bullet either, he would have been good competition for our current wingers. I can understand his frustration.

Nah, he signed a new improved contract, he's not on a fiver a week you know. Leicester need him to push for a possible Euro place and going by other transfer prices pitched his fee accordingly. Messed up head is bollox. He's a great player but just another mercenary sadly, we don't need the current good rapport our squad currently has disrupted by this diva.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've heard so much about this so-called transfer, it's hard to work out what actually happened. The latest thing I read was that we inquired about the price but never made an offer due to it being way over what we were willing to entertain.

Did we speak to Mahrez, was he expecting Leicester to let him go and make a huge profit, whatever the price?

Something has seriously gone wring though, for him to be so pissed off that he doesn't bother turning up. Maybe he was expecting Leicester to look after him and a gentlemen's agreement was in place. They welched on it, he's now having his say.

Do you think he was as pissed off as Sanchez was in August.
Maybe his dream team will change from the Spanish rags to the English rags in the summer.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:29 pm

I feel for the guy. He needs to get his head round it and get on sharpish, but he wanted to go last summer so i can see how he might get despondent.
These guys are human after all, money does not iron out all wrinkles.

Nothing is going to happen before summer though so he needs to give himself a wobble.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Chinners wrote:Gentlemen's agreement rarely mean fucl all in football today, the money at stake is too important. Mahrez has 4 months now so can either buckle down and get paid for job he loves or rot away sulking at home. Going on strike never benefits the player or club imo

Not to say he is doing the right thing here, but if there indeed was a gentlemen's agreement and the club refused to honour it (repeatedly), then Mahrez is under no obligation to behave gentlemanly himself.

I'm sure he is aware of the contractual consequences and decided they were worth making a public statement over. Plenty of players got their desired move after striking, so saying it never benefits the player is certainly incorrect.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:25 pm

brite blu sky wrote:I feel for the guy. He needs to get his head round it and get on sharpish, but he wanted to go last summer so i can see how he might get despondent.

Nothing is going to happen before summer though so he needs to give himself a wobble.

Quite happy to sign a contract extension, presumably with higher wages yet with no selling clause. My sympathies extend to the sum of fuck all
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:I feel for the guy. He needs to get his head round it and get on sharpish, but he wanted to go last summer so i can see how he might get despondent.

Quite happy to sign a contract extension, presumably with higher wages yet with no selling clause. My sympathies extend to the sum of fuck all

Well, multi-million business Leicester City were happy to extend a contract of a 'difficult' character (allegedly). Lack of sympathy goes both ways.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby BOZMCFC » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:33 pm

he's been playing off bench anyway at Leicester so even if we did sign him he would only get the same thing here with Sane and De Bruyne playing so well nothing would have changed for him only probably paid higher wages
Last edited by BOZMCFC on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOZMCFC
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: MAN CITY
My favourite player is: Kevin De Bruyne

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:34 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Well, multi-million business Leicester City were happy to extend a contract of a 'difficult' character (allegedly). Lack of sympathy goes both ways.

Of course. And my sympathies to the club are on a par to that of the player. I hope Mahrez doesn't play for them with100% attitude and Leicester struggle to shift him in the summer.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Chinners wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Sure he is but you do that by telling the club (no doubt he has) not by refusing to train. I loved Tevez but never the same after that nonsense when he went AWOL.

He's under contract with Leciester, which he signed after a hefty pay increase so stiff shyte. If we got him he'd probably do the same to us as he'd be on the bench quite a bit once Sane & Jesus come back. We really don't need wenkers like this in our squad, fucl him.

And Bellamy when he was trying to force a move from WHU to us?

Refusing to train and then not showing up at a game?

What a mercenary...right?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've heard so much about this so-called transfer, it's hard to work out what actually happened. The latest thing I read was that we inquired about the price but never made an offer due to it being way over what we were willing to entertain.

Do you think he was as pissed off as Sanchez was in August.
Maybe his dream team will change from the Spanish rags to the English rags in the summer.

Whatever his/their motives are, we won't be back for him ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Of course. And my sympathies to the club are on a par to that of the player. I hope Mahrez doesn't play for them with100% attitude and Leicester struggle to shift him in the summer.

I actually dont get angry at players who do this type of thing with apparent justification - we dont know what goes on behind the scenes but what I do know is there is fuckall respect for a contract from both ends , clubs and players - Imagine uprooting your family and putting your kids in school and then the club tell you they want to sell you and you must go otherwise you wont play anymore - this happens more than anything thinks it happens...so dont blame the player being a cunt to his employers..they are , more often than not , just as cunty as each other.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Chinners » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Slim wrote:
Chinners wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

And Bellamy when he was trying to force a move from WHU to us?

Refusing to train and then not showing up at a game?

What a mercenary...right?

Indeed, and like 99% of City fans ....... I changed my mind after about 3 games!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum