The club transfer record

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The club transfer record

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm confused. Is the club record the basic headline figure, the headline figure with add-ons (achieved or missed?), or the amortised annual figure over the length of the deal?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The club transfer record

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 pm

It's whatever the journalist thinks will show us in the worst light.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:It's whatever the journalist thinks will show us in the worst light.

And in whatever currency makes it the most obscene.......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 pm

It's the transfer fee with all the add ons. It doesn't mean we will actually pay as much as that though. Sterling is touted as £49m including the add ons but some of the add ons have already been missed. I think I read somewhere that the max sterling can now cost is £45.33m. The media still record it as £49m and I've heard pundits on sky casually mention his £55m fee! Funnily enough, Lukaku is an exception. His fee was £75m and you have to ignore the extra £15m add ons in his case.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It's the transfer fee with all the add ons. It doesn't mean we will actually pay as much as that though. Sterling is touted as £49m including the add ons but some of the add ons have already been missed. I think I read somewhere that the max sterling can now cost is £45.33m. The media still record it as £49m and I've heard pundits on sky casually mention his £55m fee! Funnily enough, Lukaku is an exception. His fee was £75m and you have to ignore the extra £15m add ons in his case.

Was Sterling not £44m with an additional £1.5m for each PL or CL win with a maximum of £5m? Don't know whether that was for his original contract of presumably five years or the duration of his career with us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It's the transfer fee with all the add ons. It doesn't mean we will actually pay as much as that though. Sterling is touted as £49m including the add ons but some of the add ons have already been missed. I think I read somewhere that the max sterling can now cost is £45.33m. The media still record it as £49m and I've heard pundits on sky casually mention his £55m fee! Funnily enough, Lukaku is an exception. His fee was £75m and you have to ignore the extra £15m add ons in his case.

Fair 'nuff. They aren't going to achieve them!

How about the amortised figure though? Is £60m for a 6 year deal (£10m pa) more than £55m for a 5 year deal (£11m pa)? How about £45m for a 3 year deal (£15m pa)?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Fair 'nuff. They aren't going to achieve them!

How about the amortised figure though? Is £60m for a 6 year deal (£10m pa) more than £55m for a 5 year deal (£11m pa)? How about £45m for a 3 year deal (£15m pa)?

The transfer record is about how much the fee is or could rise to if add ons are included. How the fee is accounted for is irrelevant. The £60m is the record there.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Was Sterling not £44m with an additional £1.5m for each PL or CL win with a maximum of £5m? Don't know whether that was for his original contract of presumably five years or the duration of his career with us

I'm not sure of the detail but I assume they must have included for winning the league/champs league within the first couple of seasons if the article I read was accurate. I also thought there would be something in there for appearances and goals. The dippers only received £35m of that original fee with £9m going to QPR. The dippers spent their share on Benteke.
South Stand Balti

Return to The Maine Football forum