Brahim Diaz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Brahim Diaz

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 am

The little Messi needs a thread of his own.

I was very impressed by his 15 minutes last night, he could had scored a couple. He is ready to step up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:38 am

Hope he's OK after that assault, good on him just dusting himself down and getting on with, the foreign pussy, but I'd say that one hurt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

Looks a very promising player.

Here’s the foul from last night. Terrible challenge.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Beardamendi/ ... 45/photo/1
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 am

future balon d’or winner
(after sané obviously)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:53 am

He did well.
I for one am relieved in a way that we didn’t pay over the top for Mahrez or Sanchez.
The young lads’ time has come. Diaz will shine in a confident team.
I would rather see him and Foden and even Adarabioyo win Premier winners medals, than have either of the other two come in after all the hard work has been done.

I know people say we would need them for UCL, but that’s the longest shot for us to win and I’d value a clean sweep of the domestic trophies over it.

Hopefully we put the prem to bed early April and these young lads can relax and learn in a Champions’ team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 am

After Kevin scored I was thinking that he had to come on straigth away. He should be an automatic sub as soon as we hit cruise control in any league match.

It will help him massively, but it will also give our remaining wide players some much needed rest.

Only downside is that furstration levels increase the longer these type of games go on and then the troglodytes start losing their heads and flying in with shithouse challenges as we have seen yesterday.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 am

When I saw him for the first time away at Rhyl against a team of lumberjacks it wasn't just his talent that stood out but his big heart. He gets booted virtually every match and tends to get up and keep going.

I am sure he is learning a lot working with Pep and the great players around him and bit by bit will be getting there in terms of being a top player at the level City are now at.

He tweeted last night that he isn't injured. I would not be surprised to see him start a prem game this season even if after the league is won but there is no doubt he can allow Pep to rest the current main wide players.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:55 am

aaron bond wrote:Looks a very promising player.

Here’s the foul from last night. Terrible challenge.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Beardamendi/ ... 45/photo/1

A shocker, I'd not seen it as I was half asleep during MOTD. He's a lucky lad he wasn't broken. I actually said 'ooh f*ck' out loud when I saw that
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:39 pm

I hate to say it, but this sounds like a clever way of saying, "Sell me, or play me more, please."

With our situation I can hardly see him getting more games, especially now that we've added Mahrez.

Sadly, now expecting him to be sold. Assumedly it would be with a buy back clause.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Or is it a case that he is being badly advised by his agent who fancies earning his slice which would only come from a sale....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm

I don't blame him for preferring a permanent deal instead of a loan. Selling with a good buy back and sell-on clause would be a fair compromise (unless he actually will get sufficient game time).

Loan deals go pear shaped for a number of reasons and managers tend to put more interested and give more chances to the club's own players. Especially if the team is struggling.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Really unsure why we let these kids that have high potential get down to one year left on their contract?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:48 pm

mr_nool wrote:Loan deals go pear shaped for a number of reasons and managers tend to put more interested and give more chances to the club's own players. Especially if the team is struggling.

Don't we own Giorna along with Pep's brother?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby freshie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Or is it a case that he is being badly advised by his agent who fancies earning his slice which would only come from a sale....

His agent is Pep’s brother
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

One of these will turn into a KDB or Pogba and we’ll have egg over our faces for the move - Although we’ve not yet made a mistake as bad at the aforementioned and we probably had the same concerns about Sturridge and Schmeichel but neither you could argue have been too much of a loss.

Personally Diaz gets me out of my seat just by the directness of his play but I am not sure he has that touch of genius, which is what you’ll need to make the transition these days.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Most likely his agent is a bell end of the Seluk variety. Imagine we have a policy where only players who buy into us and want to play for us get contracts. We are not desperate for potential stars, we have plenty of bona fide proper stars so we don’t have to bend over to accommodate these young guns.

And if one or two slip the net and turn into World stars, then so be it. That’s what buy back clauses are for.

Hope myself the lad stays, as in the minutes he’s been on the field, he hasn’t looked out of place and he has a definite quality about his attacking intent and play. But if he wants out, then let’s get a decent fee for him now rather than him fucking off next year for free
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:Most likely his agent is a bell end of the Seluk variety. Imagine we have a policy where only players who buy into us and want to play for us get contracts. We are not desperate for potential stars, we have plenty of bona fide proper stars so we don’t have to bend over to accommodate these young guns.

And if one or two slip the net and turn into World stars, then so be it. That’s what buy back clauses are for.

Hope myself the lad stays, as in the minutes he’s been on the field, he hasn’t looked out of place and he has a definite quality about his attacking intent and play. But if he wants out, then let’s get a decent fee for him now rather than him fucking off next year for free

anyone know who is agent is?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Most likely his agent is a bell end of the Seluk variety. Imagine we have a policy where only players who buy into us and want to play for us get contracts. We are not desperate for potential stars, we have plenty of bona fide proper stars so we don’t have to bend over to accommodate these young guns.

Pep's cousin's dog ain't it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Pep's cousin's dog ain't it?

Ah, that bitch.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum