Brahim Diaz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 am

nottsblue wrote:What’s the fee? Somewhere in the region of £14M?

£15.5m is being reported. Soon we'll be beating the Dippers in the net spend league, too, and we all know that that's the one that really matters.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

To be honest he is so young its hard to call how he will develop. He looked good to me though when hes had a chance i dont get the criticism. He is 17/18 wide attacking player even the most accomplished dont look great all the time and have faults(see mahrez/sterling/sane). If given 10 games in row he could be another sancho but we arent in a position to do that, which is understandable.

The move to madrid on his part is slightly odd but wages of 65k a week being touted and madrid just been such a big draw maybe he feels he cant turn it down? I dont think he will get much playing time and in reality its what he needs right now.

I wish him the best of luck, always gave his all for the youth team while here and any chance with first team he didnt go missing so good luck to him, i honestly hope he is a massive success at Real Madrid, i would take comfort in the fact we developed him if he was.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm

I also don’t really get the criticism of him.
He’s doing what he thinks is best for himself.

I’ve said numerous times, personally I’d have kept him and Sancho and not bought Mahrez. It would have given us enough options to cover most of the attacking positions.
The one position that we still can’t cover adequately is Fernandinho. The money should have been spent there and really needs addressing ASAP.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:43 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I also don’t really get the criticism of him.
He’s doing what he thinks is best for himself.

I’ve said numerous times, personally I’d have kept him and Sancho and not bought Mahrez. It would have given us enough options to cover most of the attacking positions.
The one position that we still can’t cover adequately is Fernandinho. The money should have been spent there and really needs addressing ASAP.

Exactly. Imagine if Foden was playing for Madrid and he chose not to renew and come to City. It's the same thing. It does annoy me that these kids seem to use our academy to get the best training and then go, but ultimately if the club and manager can't convince them we're the best option if they stay then that's on us not the kid.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:57 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

£15.5m is being reported. Soon we'll be beating the Dippers in the net spend league, too, and we all know that that's the one that really matters.

The MEN reporting £15.5m with £6.5m in add-ons. They say £3.5m are easily reached and we have a 15% sell on clause. If it’s to another Manchester team the sell on clause rises to 40%.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:58 pm

Been on the cards for 12 months. If you want loyalty get a dog. Good luck and I hope we have a sell on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:14 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Been on the cards for 12 months. If you want loyalty get a dog. Good luck and I hope we have a sell on.

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Been on the cards for 12 months. If you want loyalty get a dog. Good luck and I hope we have a sell on.

How ya coping with Otter now cover.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:48 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

How ya coping with Otter now cover.

Disappointing but as long as we're winning I couldn't give a fuck mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:54 pm

I just wanted to take part on this so I will insert this without any reason whatsoever

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:55 pm

PeterParker wrote:I just wanted to take part on this so I will insert this without any reason whatsoever

Fuckin legend!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Looked to have a big future 18 months or so ago but hasn't progressed which is sad . Very decent first touch but over complicates it when in possession and no end product , he must frustrate the fuck out of pep ? £15 million is very decent money for him and a new start at the Spanish giants a great move for him , all good and good luck to him .

I'll be sad to see him go. I thought he was better than Foden when they were both given an opportunity tbh

Foden,s all round game is on a higher level now than Diaz imho WW . Foden still has a long way to go and also needs to get physically stronger to make it at PL level , time is on his side though .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:46 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

The MEN reporting £15.5m with £6.5m in add-ons. They say £3.5m are easily reached and we have a 15% sell on clause. If it’s to another Manchester team the sell on clause rises to 40%.

I really can't see Bury,Stockport or Oldham, etc. having the cash to afford him.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 pm

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:Looked to have a big future 18 months or so ago but hasn't progressed which is sad . Very decent first touch but over complicates it when in possession and no end product , he must frustrate the fuck out of pep ? £15 million is very decent money for him and a new start at the Spanish giants a great move for him , all good and good luck to him .

I'll be sad to see him go. I thought he was better than Foden when they were both given an opportunity tbh

Foden,s all round game is on a higher level now than Diaz imho WW . Foden still has a long way to go and also needs to get physically stronger to make it at PL level , time is on his side though .

I don't think he does , hes like BS , small and fragile looking, but not actually fragile.........and he's clever as fuck.

IMO he doesnt need to do fuckall , just gain more experience.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don't think he does , hes like BS , small and fragile looking, but not actually fragile.........and he's clever as fuck.

IMO he doesnt need to do fuckall , just gain more experience.

Agree entirely.

Diaz is no loss at all and Txiki must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Español or Levante within 2 years. Fair play to him for making this move, ain't gonna make it at City
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:27 am

If he wasn't going to make it at City why did we bother offering him a new contract?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:38 am

Looks a decent player for sure but hasn’t overly impressed me from what I’ve seen. Get more of a buzz when Fodens involved.

The fee sounds very fair valuation to me based on what he’s produced so far.

Can’t help but feel he will find it equally difficult to get game time at Madrid, it’s difficult for any top club not to pick their best 11 when the expectation is to win every game. Involvement in competitions will probably be the best he can expect.

Real Murcia would’ve been more what he needs right now :) he might at least start regularly and have the opportunity to establish himself there.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:43 am

Mase wrote:If he wasn't going to make it at City why did we bother offering him a new contract?

That could just be an economic decision. We would quite likely get a higher fee were he to be sold in a year or two
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:If he wasn't going to make it at City why did we bother offering him a new contract?

That could just be an economic decision. We would quite likely get a higher fee were he to be sold in a year or two

Could be mate. Or like Pep said, we wanted him to stay but he chose to move. Makes us look bitter with all this "he wouldn't have made it anyway" (not you by the way).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Denis Suarez to arsenal ?

Any sell on ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum