Brahim Diaz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Turned out? He's still just a kid.


2 years older than Foden.

Carry on.


Besides the point
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Turned out? He's still just a kid.


2 years older than Foden.

Carry on.


Besides the point


You have obviously missed the point.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21880
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Turned out? He's still just a kid.


2 years older than Foden.

Carry on.


Besides the point


You have obviously missed the point.


Ok Carl
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Turned out? He's still just a kid.


2 years older than Foden.

Carry on.


Besides the point


You have obviously missed the point.


Ok Carl


RM sent him on 2 loan spells in the dutch league , he's 20 years old - he is nothing but a normal player who will make a living in an average team - RM will end up selling him as he is not what they thought he would be...he didn't even cut it in the Spanish second division.

RM wanting Diaz means nothing...its a punt like they took on the above mentioned player.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21880
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby bigblue » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:I agree with the post above saying Diaz looked more exciting than foden in alot of early games. Diaz is more of a dribbler who will take players on.

Has had foden had "more of" a chance than Diaz cos he's a blue? I think both should have had more game time by the way but get we have the lines of sane or Mahrez sat on the bench


Diaz loses the ball 10 times to Fodens no times.

I know who I prefer


Yup. Foden looked settled into the team even since he made his debut. Diaz has done the usual youngster thing of trying too hard to prove himself, rather than keeping the ball moving and letting the much better players around you work their magic (playing for the team rather than your future prospects).

For a young player to play like Foden does, you need supreme confidence in your ability, that you'll keep getting in the team by proving yourself every day in practice (instead of thinking you need to prove yourself here and now). That's more a compliment to Foden than a slight to Diaz though.
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9198
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:59 pm

bigblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:I agree with the post above saying Diaz looked more exciting than foden in alot of early games. Diaz is more of a dribbler who will take players on.

Has had foden had "more of" a chance than Diaz cos he's a blue? I think both should have had more game time by the way but get we have the lines of sane or Mahrez sat on the bench


Diaz loses the ball 10 times to Fodens no times.

I know who I prefer


Yup. Foden looked settled into the team even since he made his debut. Diaz has done the usual youngster thing of trying too hard to prove himself, rather than keeping the ball moving and letting the much better players around you work their magic (playing for the team rather than your future prospects).

For a young player to play like Foden does, you need supreme confidence in your ability, that you'll keep getting in the team by proving yourself every day in practice (instead of thinking you need to prove yourself here and now). That's more a compliment to Foden than a slight to Diaz though.



They also play in different positions. Foden is a central midfielder – it's all about possession and the occasional high risk pass to break the lines. Diaz plays further forward and it is his job to take defenders on and make things happen.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22385
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 pm

mr_nool wrote:
bigblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:I agree with the post above saying Diaz looked more exciting than foden in alot of early games. Diaz is more of a dribbler who will take players on.

Has had foden had "more of" a chance than Diaz cos he's a blue? I think both should have had more game time by the way but get we have the lines of sane or Mahrez sat on the bench


Diaz loses the ball 10 times to Fodens no times.

I know who I prefer


Yup. Foden looked settled into the team even since he made his debut. Diaz has done the usual youngster thing of trying too hard to prove himself, rather than keeping the ball moving and letting the much better players around you work their magic (playing for the team rather than your future prospects).

For a young player to play like Foden does, you need supreme confidence in your ability, that you'll keep getting in the team by proving yourself every day in practice (instead of thinking you need to prove yourself here and now). That's more a compliment to Foden than a slight to Diaz though.



They also play in different positions. Foden is a central midfielder – it's all about possession and the occasional high risk pass to break the lines. Diaz plays further forward and it is his job to take defenders on and make things happen.


Well , if he can take defenders on , then perhaps he should teach Mahrez a few tricks because this tosser is not able to beat his man when he stops the ball dead. . i don't know why pep bought this guy,
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
bigblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:I agree with the post above saying Diaz looked more exciting than foden in alot of early games. Diaz is more of a dribbler who will take players on.

Has had foden had "more of" a chance than Diaz cos he's a blue? I think both should have had more game time by the way but get we have the lines of sane or Mahrez sat on the bench


Diaz loses the ball 10 times to Fodens no times.

I know who I prefer


Yup. Foden looked settled into the team even since he made his debut. Diaz has done the usual youngster thing of trying too hard to prove himself, rather than keeping the ball moving and letting the much better players around you work their magic (playing for the team rather than your future prospects).

For a young player to play like Foden does, you need supreme confidence in your ability, that you'll keep getting in the team by proving yourself every day in practice (instead of thinking you need to prove yourself here and now). That's more a compliment to Foden than a slight to Diaz though.



They also play in different positions. Foden is a central midfielder – it's all about possession and the occasional high risk pass to break the lines. Diaz plays further forward and it is his job to take defenders on and make things happen.


Well , if he can take defenders on , then perhaps he should teach Mahrez a few tricks because this tosser is not able to beat his man when he stops the ball dead. . i don't know why pep bought this guy,

Me neither. I just think we are to predictable with him on the right.
Accommodating him upsets the balance.

He’s a good player and may well come good but I just don’t think he is currently up to speed with our game. He wouldn’t be the first to take time to bed in, so here’s hoping.
But I think Sane and Sterling suffer when he’s playing.
Sane wasn’t great tonight but Lyon could afford to triple up on him because we were so lopsided first half.

Personally I’d have saved the money and played Diaz as backup, but Pep gets paid the big bucks for this sort of thing.

He was no worse than anyone else overall tonight although he had a shite first half, but would Diaz have been any worse. He takes his man on. Sterling, bad and all as he seemed, actually grasped the fact that these were very well organised and somebody had to actually beat a man to create panic. Unfortunately the few times he did the rest of the forwards were AWOL and he ended up losing it.

Anyway I hope we keep Diaz at least until the end of the season. Play himself and Foden in cups and dead rubbers and see if they take their chances.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:30 am

A career at Celta Vigo awaits in the not too distant future :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14333
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 am

john@staustell wrote:A career at Celta Vigo awaits in the not too distant future :D


if he's lucky...

won't really matter though. i imagine that he'd picking up 20ish k / week from us. he'll sign a 5 year deal with real for probably 60/70k/wk + a nice signing on bonus. if all goes tits up, he can retire to the costa del sol when he's 24 and put his feet up....
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13511
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Well , if he can take defenders on , then perhaps he should teach Mahrez a few tricks because this tosser is not able to beat his man when he stops the ball dead. . i don't know why pep bought this guy,

Me neither. I just think we are to predictable with him on the right.
Accommodating him upsets the balance.

He’s a good player and may well come good but I just don’t think he is currently up to speed with our game. He wouldn’t be the first to take time to bed in, so here’s hoping.
But I think Sane and Sterling suffer when he’s playing.
Sane wasn’t great tonight but Lyon could afford to triple up on him because we were so lopsided first half.

Personally I’d have saved the money and played Diaz as backup, but Pep gets paid the big bucks for this sort of thing.

He was no worse than anyone else overall tonight although he had a shite first half, but would Diaz have been any worse. He takes his man on. Sterling, bad and all as he seemed, actually grasped the fact that these were very well organised and somebody had to actually beat a man to create panic. Unfortunately the few times he did the rest of the forwards were AWOL and he ended up losing it.

Anyway I hope we keep Diaz at least until the end of the season. Play himself and Foden in cups and dead rubbers and see if they take their chances.


Just a thought but perhaps Pep bought him with teams that deploy a high press in mind, Mahrez first touch is far superior to either Sterling or Sane, his physical strength, ability in a 50/50 duel is also superior to either to the point that when Ederson goes long to beat the press we have a player out wide that can actually retain possession.

Nice ball for the equaliser too, 4th assist in the CL this season, no one in the comp has more.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Well , if he can take defenders on , then perhaps he should teach Mahrez a few tricks because this tosser is not able to beat his man when he stops the ball dead. . i don't know why pep bought this guy,

Me neither. I just think we are to predictable with him on the right.
Accommodating him upsets the balance.

He’s a good player and may well come good but I just don’t think he is currently up to speed with our game. He wouldn’t be the first to take time to bed in, so here’s hoping.
But I think Sane and Sterling suffer when he’s playing.
Sane wasn’t great tonight but Lyon could afford to triple up on him because we were so lopsided first half.

Personally I’d have saved the money and played Diaz as backup, but Pep gets paid the big bucks for this sort of thing.

He was no worse than anyone else overall tonight although he had a shite first half, but would Diaz have been any worse. He takes his man on. Sterling, bad and all as he seemed, actually grasped the fact that these were very well organised and somebody had to actually beat a man to create panic. Unfortunately the few times he did the rest of the forwards were AWOL and he ended up losing it.

Anyway I hope we keep Diaz at least until the end of the season. Play himself and Foden in cups and dead rubbers and see if they take their chances.


Just a thought but perhaps Pep bought him with teams that deploy a high press in mind, Mahrez first touch is far superior to either Sterling or Sane, his physical strength, ability in a 50/50 duel is also superior to either to the point that when Ederson goes long to beat the press we have a player out wide that can actually retain possession.

Nice ball for the equaliser too, 4th assist in the CL this season, no one in the comp has more.


How do you know that his first touch is superior to SaS's?!!!
Physical strength?! He weighs about 10 stone!! Probably same as Sanè.
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19401
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby PeterParker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:46 pm

I hope the club knows what they are doing.
I remember I was gutted when we lost Rony Lopes, Asulin and most of all, Denis Suarez. Look how that turn out.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9754
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:18 pm

PeterParker wrote:I hope the club knows what they are doing.
I remember I was gutted when we lost Rony Lopes, Asulin and most of all, Denis Suarez. Look how that turn out.


True. I thought Lopes would make it.
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19401
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby mr_nool » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I hope the club knows what they are doing.
I remember I was gutted when we lost Rony Lopes, Asulin and most of all, Denis Suarez. Look how that turn out.


True. I thought Lopes would make it.


Lopes been doing really well in Monaco, though. Was their best player at the beginning of this season before getting a nasty injury which has kept him sidelined for a couple of months.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22385
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:I hope the club knows what they are doing.
I remember I was gutted when we lost Rony Lopes, Asulin and most of all, Denis Suarez. Look how that turn out.


Let's just say if our first team today included those 3, we wouldn't be champions

Sounds like Pep has hinted that Diaz uses the out door
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14333
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I hope the club knows what they are doing.
I remember I was gutted when we lost Rony Lopes, Asulin and most of all, Denis Suarez. Look how that turn out.


Let's just say if our first team today included those 3, we wouldn't be champions

Sounds like Pep has hinted that Diaz uses the out door


From the press conference today: "The academy has to be so proud. It has been working so well for many years. With Brahim, it is simple. We want to extend his contract four or five years. We do absolutely everything for him to stay but my advice is if he doesn’t want to stay he has to leave. "
JamieMCFC
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:50 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I hope the club knows what they are doing.
I remember I was gutted when we lost Rony Lopes, Asulin and most of all, Denis Suarez. Look how that turn out.


Let's just say if our first team today included those 3, we wouldn't be champions

Sounds like Pep has hinted that Diaz uses the out door


From the press conference today: "The academy has to be so proud. It has been working so well for many years. With Brahim, it is simple. We want to extend his contract four or five years. We do absolutely everything for him to stay but my advice is if he doesn’t want to stay he has to leave. "

Pretty black and white that. We want you to stay but if you want to go, then go. But don’t be surprised if the grass isn’t as green
nottsblue
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15330
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Well , if he can take defenders on , then perhaps he should teach Mahrez a few tricks because this tosser is not able to beat his man when he stops the ball dead. . i don't know why pep bought this guy,

Me neither. I just think we are to predictable with him on the right.
Accommodating him upsets the balance.

He’s a good player and may well come good but I just don’t think he is currently up to speed with our game. He wouldn’t be the first to take time to bed in, so here’s hoping.
But I think Sane and Sterling suffer when he’s playing.
Sane wasn’t great tonight but Lyon could afford to triple up on him because we were so lopsided first half.

Personally I’d have saved the money and played Diaz as backup, but Pep gets paid the big bucks for this sort of thing.

He was no worse than anyone else overall tonight although he had a shite first half, but would Diaz have been any worse. He takes his man on. Sterling, bad and all as he seemed, actually grasped the fact that these were very well organised and somebody had to actually beat a man to create panic. Unfortunately the few times he did the rest of the forwards were AWOL and he ended up losing it.

Anyway I hope we keep Diaz at least until the end of the season. Play himself and Foden in cups and dead rubbers and see if they take their chances.


Just a thought but perhaps Pep bought him with teams that deploy a high press in mind, Mahrez first touch is far superior to either Sterling or Sane, his physical strength, ability in a 50/50 duel is also superior to either to the point that when Ederson goes long to beat the press we have a player out wide that can actually retain possession.

Nice ball for the equaliser too, 4th assist in the CL this season, no one in the comp has more.


How do you know that his first touch is superior to SaS's?!!!
Physical strength?! He weighs about 10 stone!! Probably same as Sanè.


From watching him.

Strength is not determined by weight, ask Silva.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Well , if he can take defenders on , then perhaps he should teach Mahrez a few tricks because this tosser is not able to beat his man when he stops the ball dead. . i don't know why pep bought this guy,

Me neither. I just think we are to predictable with him on the right.
Accommodating him upsets the balance.

He’s a good player and may well come good but I just don’t think he is currently up to speed with our game. He wouldn’t be the first to take time to bed in, so here’s hoping.
But I think Sane and Sterling suffer when he’s playing.
Sane wasn’t great tonight but Lyon could afford to triple up on him because we were so lopsided first half.

Personally I’d have saved the money and played Diaz as backup, but Pep gets paid the big bucks for this sort of thing.

He was no worse than anyone else overall tonight although he had a shite first half, but would Diaz have been any worse. He takes his man on. Sterling, bad and all as he seemed, actually grasped the fact that these were very well organised and somebody had to actually beat a man to create panic. Unfortunately the few times he did the rest of the forwards were AWOL and he ended up losing it.

Anyway I hope we keep Diaz at least until the end of the season. Play himself and Foden in cups and dead rubbers and see if they take their chances.


Just a thought but perhaps Pep bought him with teams that deploy a high press in mind, Mahrez first touch is far superior to either Sterling or Sane, his physical strength, ability in a 50/50 duel is also superior to either to the point that when Ederson goes long to beat the press we have a player out wide that can actually retain possession.

Nice ball for the equaliser too, 4th assist in the CL this season, no one in the comp has more.


How do you know that his first touch is superior to SaS's?!!!
Physical strength?! He weighs about 10 stone!! Probably same as Sanè.


From watching him.

Strength is not determined by weight, ask Silva.


or carl
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13511
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron bond, AFKAE, bigblue, BlueinBosnia, Bluemoon4610, C & C, Foreverinbluedreams, Hazy2, mr_nool, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, rosbif cuisson 'bleu', sidSmith and 53 guests