Lukas Nmecha

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lukas Nmecha

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Now a part of our first team squad, at least for training. Seemed quite good to me playing for the youth, knows where the goal is. Sort of player that needs to get out there to see if he can do it at higher level.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Lukas Nmecha

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm

I have seen him a few times but Doug will be the best person to give a view on this.

IMO he isn't ready, but beggers can't be choosers.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Hopefully he may get some bench time soon with a few minutes here and there. Who knows, he may turn out to be another Rashford who was thrust into the first team limelight early but grabbed his opportunity with both hands.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm

I like him a lot, always makes himself available with great positioning sense.....and he can score.
I think he will be successful, hopefully with us !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Nowhere near ready in my opinion and I really don't see him staying at City more than a couple of seasons, probably spent out on loan.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby dazby » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Regardless of whether he makes it or not, I think it's fricking awesome that our kids are actually getting promoted to the seniors. It can only be a good thing.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:47 am

craigmcfc wrote:Nowhere near ready in my opinion and I really don't see him staying at City more than a couple of seasons, probably spent out on loan.

Agreed.

Look how special iheanacho looked and he ultimatly didnt make it. To make it from youth team to a squad member in our first team as a striker you are going to have to be incredibly special.

Doesnt mean he cant play the odd game while we are stuck though.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 am

Dubciteh wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Nowhere near ready in my opinion and I really don't see him staying at City more than a couple of seasons, probably spent out on loan.

Agreed.

Look how special iheanacho looked and he ultimatly didnt make it. To make it from youth team to a squad member in our first team as a striker you are going to have to be incredibly special.

Well it was Pep who sold Iheanacho and Pep who has brought Nmecha into first team training so let's see how he performs with the rest of the team if/when he gets the opportunity.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 am

I think it's pretty much a case of needing an extra body up front.

We are another injury away from not having a single senior sub for our five attacking positions (Agüero, Sterling, Bernardo, Silva, De Bruyne, Gündoğan). And with Foden out injured, we're left with only Díaz and one of the aforementioned as cover.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:40 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:I think it's pretty much a case of needing an extra body up front.

We are another injury away from not having a single senior sub for our five attacking positions (Agüero, Sterling, Bernardo, Silva, De Bruyne, Gündoğan). And with Foden out injured, we're left with only Díaz and one of the aforementioned as cover.

Exactly. We have pretty much no one else.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Burt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Agreed.

Fuck me he's only 20 mate!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Agreed.

On the other hand, we make loads of chances and miss many my old mother would score :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Of course he's not ready yet but a million miles away!!! I am not sure.

It's great that he is to be first team squad from now and I do hope he gets some minutes on the pitch later on ( hopefully no more injuries to force the issue). I always think he plays like or tries to play like Harry Kane. Loves to gets shots on goal and I think his first thought seems to be to get into a position , fight for a position to get a shot away.

You know how Kane really leans into defenders and almost tries to push and force a way through them. That's what I see Nmecha going for. Certainly knows how to score, mainly right footed but I do recall a great curling left footer away at the swamp Carrington. Has got bigger and stronger and if we get our key striking options fit for next season I think he has to go on loan for a bit. But a real prospect
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Does this maybe, in part, have to due with us not signing Sanchez/Mahrez, and the length/unknown quality to Jesus and Sane's injuries?

Seems we have a gap in that part of the squad, so he can fill in, as well as learn during training, and possibly make the bench if we are experiencing a real crisis (i.e. Aguero also out).

Actually, given that we will likely win the league early, Pep will want to rest players in PL matches in the coming months.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:Does this maybe, in part, have to due with us not signing Sanchez/Mahrez, and the length/unknown quality to Jesus and Sane's injuries?

Seems we have a gap in that part of the squad, so he can fill in, as well as learn during training, and possibly make the bench if we are experiencing a real crisis (i.e. Aguero also out).

Actually, given that we will likely win the league early, Pep will want to rest players in PL matches in the coming months.

That’s what I am hopeful for.
I would love to see us knuckle down and put the league to bed over the next 7 games.
Then we have the luxury to give all our youngsters game time in a Premiership winning team. Imagine 4 or 5 (I know Zinc isn’t Academy, but...) of our academy starting with winners medals.
That would be much more worthwhile in my opinion, than gifting Sanchez or Mahrez one.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Return to The Maine Football forum