***bfc v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***bfc v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Justified logic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:35 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Pep’s very emotionally reactive. He took Sterling off because of that sitter. If he’d taken a step back from that and thought “you know what, Raheem’s saved us a few times this season” he’d have kept him on the pitch.

Emotionally reactive? Furious more like it. Still easy say now but Sterling should have stayed on.

For the life of me, why not Sterling on the right where he is good and can cross and Bernardo on the left where he can cross? All this running around with the ball on his left foot so he has to cut back (time) and go inside (loss of attack momentum) pisses me off.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:31 pm

Pep was wrong to take Raheem off , he has won a lot of games for us this season.

He is probably the most frustrating player I have ever seen but he never stops and I love the way he never stops trying.

It was a bad miss , but for f**cks sake he has had enough shit from everybody over the last 2 seasons and if we can not support him then we have truly become what we have always dreaded.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:40 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Pep was wrong to take Raheem off , he has won a lot of games for us this season.

He is probably the most frustrating player I have ever seen but he never stops and I love the way he never stops trying.

It was a bad miss , but for f**cks sake he has had enough shit from everybody over the last 2 seasons and if we can not support him then we have truly become what we have always dreaded.

Fucked me off the way the Sky cameras focused on him walking from the bench at the final whistle. They set their stall out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 am

I think most on this thread agree that taking off Raheem was wrong and it's cost us the 2 points. It was an emotional decision by Pep in stark contrast to his reaction and cuddling Raheem in the previous match !! Raheem should have been moved to his preferred position on the right and Diaz should have come on for Bernie. He should have been given a chance to make up for his horrible miss. And why not give Yaya 15 minutes in place of Gundogan who was in effective ? Yaya is not what he used to be but what's the point of having him on the bench and then not use him when we most needed fresh legs and ideas !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Chinners » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:43 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:I think most on this thread agree that taking off Raheem was wrong and it's cost us the 2 points. It was an emotional decision by Pep in stark contrast to his reaction and cuddling Raheem in the previous match !! Raheem should have been moved to his preferred position on the right and Diaz should have come on for Bernie. He should have been given a chance to make up for his horrible miss. And why not give Yaya 15 minutes in place of Gundogan who was in effective ? Yaya is not what he used to be but what's the point of having him on the bench and then not use him when we most needed fresh legs and ideas !!

Probably because Yaya is not 'fresh legs' and has no ideas lately.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 am

Chinners wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:I think most on this thread agree that taking off Raheem was wrong and it's cost us the 2 points. It was an emotional decision by Pep in stark contrast to his reaction and cuddling Raheem in the previous match !! Raheem should have been moved to his preferred position on the right and Diaz should have come on for Bernie. He should have been given a chance to make up for his horrible miss. And why not give Yaya 15 minutes in place of Gundogan who was in effective ? Yaya is not what he used to be but what's the point of having him on the bench and then not use him when we most needed fresh legs and ideas !!

Yaya played full matches in the EFL Cup, so now he can’t play 15 minutes? Pep complained about having only 6 on the bench and yet he only used one !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Justified logic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:42 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Yaya played full matches in the EFL Cup, so now he can’t play 15 minutes? Pep complained about having only 6 on the bench and yet he only used one !

And they've got a week off now!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 am

Justified logic wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Chinners wrote:

And they've got a week off now!

Apparently Pep has given the whole squad three full days off to hopefully recharge their batteries.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:13 pm

When our top 2 goal scorers are the 2 players with the fewest touches all match itll be hard to win
(And saying that, we wouldve won if Raheem had scored the tap in)

Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Chinners wrote:

Sadly, Yaya should not be anywhere near our squad IMO.
All he’s proved in the games he’s played is that he can no longer be relied upon to do any sort of job for us.
Gundogan is no Silva or KDB unfortunately. His final pass never found the man in the box or he passed when he should have shot, but he consistently broke into their box and got through a tremendous amount of work.
So I don’t think saying he was ineffective tells the whole story.
Sterling was having another bad day at the office even before his miss.
Whether he should have been taken off or not is all subjective if we’re basing it on what he might have done later.
Bernardo laid one on a plate for him and had created a few chances.
Gundogan as I said was creating but just missing the final ball.
Who’s to say one of them wouldn’t have made a breakthrough or Aguero might have got on the end of one.
It’s all speculative.

Pep did what he did and knows his squad better than any of us. He’s done alright with the resources available to him up until now.
I think saying taking off Raheem cost us 2 points is a bit simplistic.
Not scoring the two or three chances we had to put the game beyond Burnley is what cost us. And that’s not hanging Raheem out to dry either.
It’s a team responsibility both attack and defending.

Just let Pep get on with it. If he gets us over the line at the end of the season nobody will care about a substitution or a draw at Burnley.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:28 pm

We created enough chances to win two games yesterday all without Silva , Sane , Jesus , Mendy , Delph , Stones and Foden.
Imagine how good we are going to be when they are all back and hopefully perfect timing to destroy them red twats at home to seal the title.
Oh and I am having a fiver on Raheem to score next Saturday :D
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:18 am

I always feel a bit sorry for Gundogan getting compared to Silva and KDB and coming up short - we’re talking about 2 of the best, if not the best, midfielders playing in the world today
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby aaron bond » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 am

Wooders wrote:I always feel a bit sorry for Gundogan getting compared to Silva and KDB and coming up short - we’re talking about 2 of the best, if not the best, midfielders playing in the world today

It’s like when Claudio Reyna was brought in after we had watched Ali Bernarbia and Eyal Berkovic for a couple of years.

He wasn’t a bad player. Just not quite as good.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Wooders wrote:I always feel a bit sorry for Gundogan getting compared to Silva and KDB and coming up short - we’re talking about 2 of the best, if not the best, midfielders playing in the world today

Indeed, and of course to compound the issue, Gundogan, along with Bernardo tends to get bit parts, and it's difficult to get any sort of run of form going.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum