***bfc v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***bfc v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Come on Huddersfield.....the double ?
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:My biggest concern was that we could react after their goal because we had no one on the bench.

4 competitions ongoing and no subs that could come in and change the game.

That's what happens when some of your best players get injuries. Just think, that was our 9th game in 32 days. The schedule for successful clubs is gruelling. Combined with being allowed to be hacked to death, eventually it takes its toll.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:15 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I thought Pep decision to take Sterling off was actually the wrong one. Now his confidence will be shot. "Yes he missed a sitter"; still he was the one most likely to score. Aguero reverted to type (did he even have a shot today ?) . Gundogan is like a Duracell Bunny runs around in circles with the Ball, until he loses it, Bernado is Navas in disguise.

Sterling will get all the shit today. We will do well to remember how many points he alone gained for us this season.

Don’t understand why Guardiola didn’t try moving Sterling back on to the other wing. Stick Bernado on the opposite, Bernado creates fuck all 99% of the time.

Injuries catching up with us.

I think we should have strengthened up front. I am convinced we will pay the price for this.

Just the 16 points lead it is. :D

All of Sterling’s best football for us has been when he’s played on the right.

With Sane out we have to adjust the team but we don’t need to also move one of our best players this season out of position.

Losing Sane is a big enough blow. Don’t reduce Sterling’s effectiveness too.

For the record, there’s no excuse for Sterling’s miss. But with Sane out for a long period we need to make sure we have Sterling performing at his best.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:My biggest concern was that we could react after their goal because we had no one on the bench.

That's what happens when some of your best players get injuries. Just think, that was our 9th game in 32 days. The schedule for successful clubs is gruelling. Combined with being allowed to be hacked to death, eventually it takes its toll.
I agree.

A combination of excessive amount of games played in a short time. Played exclusively by the same players because of on going injuries.

We should have brought in a striker on loan. We could have gone for Sturridge on loan, as a plan B until the end of the season. We didn’t get Mahrez so thought fuck it. No doubt we will win the League. Not sure about the rest unless our injuries start clearing up quickly.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:35 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree.

A combination of excessive amount of games played in a short time. Played exclusively by the same players because of on going injuries.

We should have brought in a striker on loan. We could have gone for Sturridge on loan, as a plan B until the end of the season. We didn’t get Mahrez so thought fuck it. No doubt we will win the League. Not sure about the rest unless our injuries start clearing up quickly.

I agree but perhaps the glaringly obvious solution was to play the reserves at Cardiff. That was our 3rd game in 6 days with the same group expected to perform. We looked knackered late on. That's only 2 points taken from the last 9 points available away from home. Long way to go this season, starting with Leicester, Arse and then Chelsea. I'm hoping the main men are rested at Wigan.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zabbadabbado » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:55 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree.

I agree but perhaps the glaringly obvious solution was to play the reserves at Cardiff. That was our 3rd game in 6 days with the same group expected to perform. We looked knackered late on. That's only 2 points taken from the last 9 points available away from home. Long way to go this season, starting with Leicester, Arse and then Chelsea. I'm hoping the main men are rested at Wigan.
You are right.We need to start picking our battles until the treatment room empties.

We were due a result like today.We were not our best,still had we taken our chances we would have won comfortably.

Regardles of what happens over at the Swamp.Another 2 games have gone, and we still have a 13 point lead :D :D.There are only 12 games left in the season.We only have to go to Arsenal/Spurs away out of the top 6 sides.We could comcievably lose both those games,and drop a futher 7 points over the last 12 games such is our goal superiority and still finish Champions. :D :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree.

With our lead then it maybe that Pep put the cup game before this one.

Bet the lads will be glad of the break from each other, you can only look at each other for so long before you want to punch someone.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Fucl to this resting players for an important cup game. If some fans had their way we'd not be playing at Wembley in a few weeks and would have been knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round. I want our club to win everything this season, we will never have a better chance to do so!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Chinners wrote:Fucl to this resting players for an important cup game. If some fans had their way we'd not be playing at Wembley in a few weeks and would have been knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round. I want our club to win everything this season, we will never have a better chance to do so!

And he hasn't mate, he's tried to mix it up a bit but essentially started with a very strong side in each cup game, considering our opponents. It's the league we can afford to take a little risk.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:30 pm

I know he hasn't, so it's a good job he doesn't come on here at times!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:33 pm

Never re-read a match thread.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:46 pm

We have a much needed weeks rest now until the 5.30 KO v Leicester at the Etihad . Fuck resting players for the FA cup or any games here on in to the end of the season . The sooner we win the PL the CL and FA cup become a lot easier to manage because then we CAN afford to rest a few players before crucial CL and FA cup games but until then its full steam ahead to get the league done and dusted .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Exactly 64.

The reason I'm pissed off is because we win today and we can start resting players here and there.

Not yet...
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:18 pm

The least important match this month is the FA Cup match against Wigan. We have to prioritise winning the League and advancing in the CL. Three points against Lecister crucial. Need a strong first leg against Basel. We’re already in the Carabao Cup Final so it’s just one match. We’re not going to win the quadruple.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:33 pm

blues2win wrote:The least important match this month is the FA Cup match against Wigan. We have to prioritise winning the League and advancing in the CL. Three points against Lecister crucial. Need a strong first leg against Basel. We’re already in the Carabao Cup Final so it’s just one match. We’re not going to win the quadruple.

Pah! They are all important matches, as City64 said get the league tied up then start resting players. The FA cup is paramount for me as a domestic treble is the most likely but I'm, for once, feeling greedy and want to give the quad a damn good try!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:51 pm

aaron bond wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:I thought Pep decision to take Sterling off was actually the wrong one. Now his confidence will be shot. "Yes he missed a sitter"; still he was the one most likely to score. Aguero reverted to type (did he even have a shot today ?) . Gundogan is like a Duracell Bunny runs around in circles with the Ball, until he loses it, Bernado is Navas in disguise.

Sterling will get all the shit today. We will do well to remember how many points he alone gained for us this season.

Don’t understand why Guardiola didn’t try moving Sterling back on to the other wing. Stick Bernado on the opposite, Bernado creates fuck all 99% of the time.

Injuries catching up with us.

I think we should have strengthened up front. I am convinced we will pay the price for this.

Just the 16 points lead it is. :D

All of Sterling’s best football for us has been when he’s played on the right.

With Sane out we have to adjust the team but we don’t need to also move one of our best players this season out of position.

Losing Sane is a big enough blow. Don’t reduce Sterling’s effectiveness too.

For the record, there’s no excuse for Sterling’s miss. But with Sane out for a long period we need to make sure we have Sterling performing at his best.

I think there is an argument for taking off Bernardo, moving Sterling back to the right and bringing on Diaz.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Pep’s very emotionally reactive. He took Sterling off because of that sitter. If he’d taken a step back from that and thought “you know what, Raheem’s saved us a few times this season” he’d have kept him on the pitch.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Mase wrote:Pep’s very emotionally reactive. He took Sterling off because of that sitter. If he’d taken a step back from that and thought “you know what, Raheem’s saved us a few times this season” he’d have kept him on the pitch.

Exactly what I said earlier. Completely agree. His emotions took over and it backfired. You could see his reaction straight away.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Mase wrote:Pep’s very emotionally reactive. He took Sterling off because of that sitter. If he’d taken a step back from that and thought “you know what, Raheem’s saved us a few times this season” he’d have kept him on the pitch.

Totally agree. Similar thing with the 6 subs...... it seemed an emotional decision.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Emotionally reactive? Furious more like it. Still easy say now but Sterling should have stayed on.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum