Substitutes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Substitutes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:18 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I think Guardiola is an emotional Guy, because of this he sometimes lets his Heart over rule his Head. In retrospect he probably regrets giving our haters ammunition to shoot us with. They are all at it in today papers. led by that slimy twat Neville.... wankers.

Yesterday when he took Sterling off,in my opinion he was cutting off his own Nose to spite his Face.” Yes” Sterling miss was a bad one. Still Sterling was the one most likely to score for us. He should have taken off the Navas doppleganger (Bernado), or Aguero who was having one of his cant be arsed days. Terrible substitution, Burnley was on the front foot for the rest of the game after that substitution. He is allowed the occasional brain fart though,13 points clear. Only highlighting it because I think it is an example of him acting on his heart instead of his Head.

I think he was going to sub him anyway as sterling had a shit day from the off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Would Pep play a kid who wasn't training with the first team squad? I think not. Which kids training with the first team squad could he have named just to sit on the bench? Nmecha was unfit. Who else is there?

So why not invite all the previous day's u23 team to sit in with the bench. Let them see the empty spot amongst the subs and think "could be me if I'm good enough..."

Oh and Neville is a tosser.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:I think Guardiola is an emotional Guy, because of this he sometimes lets his Heart over rule his Head. In retrospect he probably regrets giving our haters ammunition to shoot us with. They are all at it in today papers. led by that slimy twat Neville.... wankers.

Yesterday when he took Sterling off,in my opinion he was cutting off his own Nose to spite his Face.” Yes” Sterling miss was a bad one. Still Sterling was the one most likely to score for us. He should have taken off the Navas doppleganger (Bernado), or Aguero who was having one of his cant be arsed days. Terrible substitution, Burnley was on the front foot for the rest of the game after that substitution. He is allowed the occasional brain fart though,13 points clear. Only highlighting it because I think it is an example of him acting on his heart instead of his Head.

And not great against West Brom. A lot of play breaks down with him.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:50 pm

I think that if Pep got a chance to sell Sterling in the summer for anything near what we paid for him or more , he would sell him.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:51 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Apart from his assist...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Mase wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Apart from his assist...

Mase, you seem to take your love of one player and over smother them with compliments.

Sterling has had a vastly improved season. I love having him in our team and I think he will improve even further, hopefully with us.

But the fact is he has been shit the last couple of games. And despite his 19 goals and how ever many assists, he could have had even more with some more quality and composure at the right time.

Right now, I’d take Sané over Sterling every day. Perhaps use your colour and run a vote and see where the consensus lies?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I just point out when people are incorrect mate. I didn’t say anything that isn’t factually correct.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:06 pm

Mase wrote:I just point out when people are incorrect mate. I didn’t say anything that isn’t factually correct.

What was incorrect about what I said?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:08 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Mase wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Apart from his assist...

Mase, you seem to take your love of one player and over smother them with compliments.

Sterling has had a vastly improved season. I love having him in our team and I think he will improve even further, hopefully with us.

But the fact is he has been shit the last couple of games. And despite his 19 goals and how ever many assists, he could have had even more with some more quality and composure at the right time.

Right now, I’d take Sané over Sterling every day. Perhaps use your colour and run a vote and see where the consensus lies?

same goes for aguero...
he should have 30+ goals this season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fact is though, mate, the team as a whole played miles better with him on the field.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fact is though, mate, the team as a whole played miles better with him on the field.

They did, but you can’t under estimate the lift they got from the crowd after that miss. That was more of a momentum change than Sterling not being on the pitch.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Only players that Pep feels fit his style in the team will play, no matter if you are even decent enough to make a PL club side.

That's really it.

See: Joe Hart

If Foden was fit he would surely have been on the bench, and perhaps Nemcha might have made the team sheet given his recent promotion, but as a manager that uses such high and particular standards that Pep does, and that there's only 3 substitutes anyway, I can see why.

He may be sending a message to the FA about injuries, but he must have caught on about how in England his concerns are seen as whinging by a so-called "spoilt" manager of club with "infinite resources" that falls upon deaf ears or is used against him in the tabloid media (i.e. Sunday Supplement).

I think he doesn't really give a care about what these luddites say or write as long as what he is doing wins games and keeps things consistent within the team, which has been the case all season long, and just shows desperation to find something to both talk about or go after Pep about.

Pep brought Brahim on in a key part of a PL game, away from home, where we needed a goal. This says a lot about both what he thought of Diaz going in, but perhaps also about how dire the situation is for him having players he can use off the bench to play the way he needs to suit the system/style of play.

I cannot pretend to read as much about our other EDS players this season, but we've already promoted Diaz and Foden to get experience and help the team as attacking options, which is where we are short. That was even before Jesus and Sane went down, according to Pep who wanted Sanchez before in part due to this worry.

Ironic that Sancho left as he would have been on the bench yesterday if he had stayed. I suspect the idea was also that losing this one game was not going to be worth destroying the confidence of a very young player in a tough away game when we were 15 points ahead in the league coming in.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:27 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:They did, but you can’t under estimate the lift they got from the crowd after that miss. That was more of a momentum change than Sterling not being on the pitch.

I was watching with the sound off, mate, so to me it looked like our lack of pace up front changed the game.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm

zuricity wrote:I think that if Pep got a chance to sell Sterling in the summer for anything near what we paid for him or more , he would sell him.

I think you are completely wrong, Pep loves Raheem.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:They did, but you can’t under estimate the lift they got from the crowd after that miss. That was more of a momentum change than Sterling not being on the pitch.

I was watching with the sound off, mate, so to me it looked like our lack of pace up front changed the game.

Think it was more that Diaz offered almost nothing besides running into the defender and losing possession. He looked miles better in the previous game though.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:10 pm

bigblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:I think that if Pep got a chance to sell Sterling in the summer for anything near what we paid for him or more , he would sell him.

Me too. It’s a mad statement - considering transfer fees have skyrocketed since we bought Raza and he’s only got better.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Me too. It’s a mad statement - considering transfer fees have skyrocketed since we bought Raza and he’s only got better.

his stats are as good as, if not better, than coutinho's and he's 2.5 years younger...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

his stats are as good as, if not better, than coutinho's and he's 2.5 years younger...

And better than that Dembelle.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

There's a lot of crap in this thread. My favourite is probably "despite his 19 goals and countless assists". Sterling has been our best and most consistent attacking player this season. All forwards miss chances, that's a part of the game (just look at Kane's stats), but Sterling just gets on with it and keeps trying – he doesn't go hiding.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Zuricity you must be on the sauce pal.

Fucking ludicrous statement that.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum