Injury update

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injury update

Postby Scatman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:I know that some fans find the lack of information from the club regarding the injury situation annoying, but I quite like it that the club keeps its card close to its chest.

Indeed. Shame on those teams that wear their recently injured and not even dead teammate's shirt as a mark of respect.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Scatman wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I know that some fans find the lack of information from the club regarding the injury situation annoying, but I quite like it that the club keeps its card close to its chest.

Indeed. Shame on those teams that wear their recently injured and not even dead teammate's shirt as a mark of respect.

Hahaha! Touché!

We seem to have changed policy since, though.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Scatman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Hahaha! Touché!

We seem to have changed policy since, though.

Just you wait. In 50 years there'll be commemorative scarves on ebay.
Scatman

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:18 am

Delph is in full training on the latest training video on the OS.

https://youtu.be/FDJgqC6dxRE
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Pep confirms Stones back for tomorrow. I suspect he’ll play with Laporte. Merlin out which isn’t a surprise. 7 subs says Pep so ‘Neville will be pleased’.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Sane doing better than first thought, won't be back for Basel on Tuesday though..... Jesus is 10 days/ 2 weeks from being back say Pep
Last edited by CTID Hants on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Hopefully Jesus back in 10-14 days says Pep. Sane won’t be fit for for Basel away which was obvious.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby aaron bond » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:52 pm

blues2win wrote:Hopefully Jesus back in 10-14 days says Pep. Sane won’t be fit for for Basel away which was obvious.

Hopefully Jesus will be back for the League Cup Final. I know he won't be 100% but it will be good to have a striker on the bench finally!
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm

blues2win wrote:Hopefully Jesus back in 10-14 days says Pep. Sane won’t be fit for for Basel away which was obvious.

Until he's back in training or until he's ready to play? My guess would be until he's back in training with the squad, so it is more likely 4 weeks than 2 until he can play.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Until he's back in training or until he's ready to play? My guess would be until he's back in training with the squad, so it is more likely 4 weeks than 2 until he can play.

Yes, I agree. Bad news today that Silva is still out. Gundo and Bernard have been pretty ineffective compared to Sane and Silva. Meanwhile, Mahrez has travelled with the Leicester squad.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:12 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Yes, I agree. Bad news today that Silva is still out. Gundo and Bernard have been pretty ineffective compared to Sane and Silva. Meanwhile, Mahrez has travelled with the Leicester squad.

I wonder if Silva got a bruised rib or something. Or maybe he took a blow to the kidney?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I wonder if Silva got a bruised rib or something. Or maybe he took a blow to the kidney?

I can't see it being an impact injury or he would usually be fine now. Maybe it's a strain or he may still be on compassionate leave. I'm not sure how clear Pep was today on the nature of the injury.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:27 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I can't see it being an impact injury or he would usually be fine now. Maybe it's a strain or he may still be on compassionate leave. I'm not sure how clear Pep was today on the nature of the injury.

A bruised rib can keep you out for a few weeks if it's a bad one.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:33 pm

mr_nool wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Aguero was back after a dukes of Hazard/A team style crash in no time at all, Silva injured himself, its a strange one
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:38 pm

I am still confused about Silva's injury! Even now it gets mentioned that he injured himself and that I think was said on the day. But all I heard from Pep is that he got a kick, seemingly in the kidney area!

Did he really do that to himself?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Footballers are fuckin soft!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Mase wrote:Footballers are fuckin soft!

KDB ain't stretched off at Palace and just brushed himself down ready for Watford a few days later. Hes a machine!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Fuckin wimps need to get on the pitch its all about to happen !
#quad
#domination
#softcunts
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I am still confused about Silva's injury! Even now it gets mentioned that he injured himself and that I think was said on the day. But all I heard from Pep is that he got a kick, seemingly in the kidney area!

Did he really do that to himself?

He got kneed in the side.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Footballers are fuckin soft!

KDB ain't stretched off at Palace and just brushed himself down ready for Watford a few days later. Hes a machine!

After pretending to hobble to the coach on crutches. Fuck me I’ve been booted up and down playing football. Aguero is he worst. The guy permanently walks with a limp.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum