The Beautiful Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Beautiful Game

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:There have been a number of sides over the years to who greatness has been attributed.

Hungary 1953, Madrid 1960, Brazil 1970 and 1982, Barcelona 2008/9 and there will undoubtedly be others. Of course there have been other successful sides but the common denominator in all of those sides is their propensity to attack and have a culture of having most of the side as footballers and by that I mean people who are comfortable on the ball in possession. I think Manchester City 2018 could well be added to that esteemed list

Ajax and Holland in the 1970s. Still support the Netherlands at the World Cups because of it. (Obviously won't be bothering this year.)

Cruyff would have loved this City team.

Would he have got into it ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Re: The Beautiful Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:There have been a number of sides over the years to who greatness has been attributed.

Hungary 1953, Madrid 1960, Brazil 1970 and 1982, Barcelona 2008/9 and there will undoubtedly be others. Of course there have been other successful sides but the common denominator in all of those sides is their propensity to attack and have a culture of having most of the side as footballers and by that I mean people who are comfortable on the ball in possession. I think Manchester City 2018 could well be added to that esteemed list

Ajax and Holland in the 1970s. Still support the Netherlands at the World Cups because of it. (Obviously won't be bothering this year.)

Cruyff would have loved this City team.

Without a doubt.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum